• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] A Sunfishy Gallery

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
That Greninja looks great, and I love that grass starter!

The head on the lion may be a little frontal, too, but the whole body is amazing.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
That Greninja looks great, and I love that grass starter!

The head on the lion may be a little frontal, too, but the whole body is amazing.

Thanks!

The lion ended up being edited by someone else to make his face less frontal :P

Anyway, I felt like this was too fast, but I've attempted a sugi-art of my starter:
001___hedgeko_by_tsunfished-d8i4odg.png

I'm somewhat torn how bad the shading turned out, but this is practice for some future stuff @w@

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 23, 2022
Wow! your sugi-skills are on fleek.
One thing I noticed is that the lines are all equal-width. If the pics aren't made in a vector software, I suggest varying the stroke width a bit to make thing look more natural (and more like sugimori).

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Wow! your sugi-skills are on fleek.
One thing I noticed is that the lines are all equal-width. If the pics aren't made in a vector software, I suggest varying the stroke width a bit to make thing look more natural (and more like sugimori).

I see what you mean. I'm using the pen tool in photoshop, which is what makes it equal width all around. I'll see if I can adjust the width on future pictures :D

Anyway, here's the regional bird, named "Peacoo".
3ae7b6b531.png

It's a baby peacock @w@

Also, I attempted to sprite the evolution of the earlier grass starter, which somewhat ended up as a major WIP:
dff6a5b83e.png

It slowly becomes a superhero!

Also, while I'm at it, I thought I'd also keep the art assets of my game here as well :)
These are the classes to it:
xI6F7nQ.png
This is the Hero. His all-around structure allows him to be versatile in any situation.
iEfRcPU.png
Berzerkers have extremely high attack, but low defenses.
PnOqozO.png
Knights are the opposite. They have grand defenses but somewhat lack attack.
36SxiJu.png
Fighters are built for speed. And he's like a Power Ranger.
q7Xetrg.png
Saints are holy beings, who deal great damage against dark opponents.
yOFzl3n.png
Mages have a knack for magic damage, but in return are very frail.
BMBf7mN.png
Espers use their umbrellas to make and break magic attacks efficiently.
2kNxfRo.png
Alchemists can alter the elements imbued within a weapon.
YQriZa5.png
Archers utilize their exceptional critical damage as their main quirk.
JaiEcao.png
Wilders can put a stop to enemies, and can even throw them around.
UFXJrcU.png
Ninjas are quick, and can often out-speed pursuers.
lJoz7sW.png
Mechanics use their guns for the offensive, and robots on the defensive.
1Hhzl36.png
Medics have a healing role, staying in the back to patch-up party members.
iVCSa3O.png
Jesters are very weak, and instead rely on underhanded skills to beat enemies.
ZVOO7DE.png
Bards keep the party alive by buffing and boosting stats.
qNaHAI2.png
Oracles have no unique traits. Instead, they use skills from other classes.

Ipv02AL.png

and finally, the Sungod. He's the "main character", but not controllable. Instead, the players have to help him back up his tower after he fell off of it, which is now riddled with monsters due to being in improper care.

Last edited:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
drasna_by_tsunfished-d8jni8g.png

Drasna, who was requested from a friend of mine :P

hedgeko__florecko__and_sentecko_by_tsunfished-d8k249s.png

Hedgeko, Florecko, and Sentecko, the Grass Starters.
Their Grass, and the final is Grass/Steel. Sentecko can also Mega Evolve, which turns him into Grass/Electric with an insane boost in Attack.

squift_and_seanobi_by_tsunfished-d8jq28q.png

Squift and Seanobi, an uncommon sight underwater.
Pure Water, for now, unless it you guys see another type in there :d

peacoo__fantastock__and_marfowlous_by_tsunfished-d8k23yx.png

Peacoo, Fantastock, and Marfowlous, the Regional Birds.
I'll probably resprite them to be bigger, since they're rather small at the moment.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
New Fakemon :D
42e4c92366.png

This is Minatlas, a tough little Bug/Ground type.

and yet another request finished :)
request__1_by_tsunfished-d8kfint.png

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
And now for more sprites!
edea_by_tsunfished-d8lkckd.png

Edea from Bravely Default

elfae_by_tsunfished-d8luzdl.png

Elfae, a fakemon that has stats akin to chansey/audino, but instead is built to be used as a utility instead of a staller. Also it comes in all assortments of flavors :D

slicky__goomarsh__and_polymoor_by_tsunfished-d8lw3zm.png

Slicky, Goomarsh, and Polymoor. They're not really different from other poison types...

karoaky_by_tsunfished-d8m30eg.png

I dubbed this guy "Karoaky", a mix of karaoke and croak.
The concept is actually from the user Magistrum! He just lent it to me to use in a community dex :D

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I am totally loving your work. Everything you turn out are just great quality sprites.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
I am totally loving your work. Everything you turn out are just great quality sprites.

Thanks!

Anyway:
c794663ecd.png

Somewhat minor update, but I designed the region map of the community project I'm in, based on China! The story revolves around 2 warring factions: A group of cultists who follow within Order, and a group of extremists who work alongside Chaos. Near the beginning of the story, the hero makes the accidental choice of joining one side, while your childhood friend makes the unwilling choice to join the other.

Last edited:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Time for a sprite explosion :D
...not really u__u

pebbat_and_stalactat_by_tsunfished-d8mlnoz.png
Pebbat and Stalactat, based on bats and falling stalactites.
neeya_by_tsunfished-d8mlv4i.png
Neeya, the "eevee" of our region! Unlike Eevee, which evolves into other types of dogs/cats, Neeya evolves into "classes", like in an RPG!
laheal_by_tsunfished-d8mm37z.png
Laheal, Neeya's "Cleric" evolution. There are tons of others, but I let other people of the project handle them :)

f3ef8b4b2a.png

And here's a request someone asked for :D

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Stuff:
request__3_by_tsunfished-d8ozoop.png
A request from someone.
request__4_by_tsunfished-d8ozowd.png
Another one.

df1b587b8e.png

And suddenly a diver fakemon! :D

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I like the fakemon and the tennis player a lot! The Dedenne professor looks cool too, although there seems to be a slight issue with how the hair is positioned relative to the head. The hair seems a little more frontal than the face. The diver is fun, although perspective does seem to play with his arms. His right arm seems much bigger than his left arm, is that supposed to be that way?

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
I like the fakemon and the tennis player a lot! The Dedenne professor looks cool too, although there seems to be a slight issue with how the hair is positioned relative to the head. The hair seems a little more frontal than the face. The diver is fun, although perspective does seem to play with his arms. His right arm seems much bigger than his left arm, is that supposed to be that way?

Thanks! The arm thing was not intentional at all. I guess we can assume it has stretchy powers now :p

New sprites:
zoro_by_tsunfished-d8pka7a.png
Zoro from Bleach
shiki_by_tsunfished-d8rgb8c.png
Shiki from TWEWY
remedi_by_tsunfished-d8rgbo8.png
Remedi from FF

I don't usually do this, but the diver guy from before needed some complimentary art to help support it, so here's more junk:
bf9e525ba8.gif

Dragon Dancing and Calm Minding.
An example of it running fast:
Spoiler:

And now, for something super radical! Me and a bunch of friends over at PS like to flockdraw, so I thought I'd share some of the stuff we made. Mine is usually the one on the right side! (basically things with bright colors, or the eyeball)
(WARNING. SUPER OMEGA ULTRA LARGE IMAGE)
Spoiler:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Thought I'd update via phone :plan

request__5_by_tsunfished-d8s31sf.png

A request. I think it's from paper mario.

strout_and_sailmon_by_tsunfished-d8u6pwk.png

Strout and Sailmon
Water/Flying, and based on flying fish and airplanes and kites and other silly things.

minatlas_and_thornatlas_by_tsunfished-d8u6q5s.png

Minatlas and Thornatlas
Bug, based on the thorn bug.

snuddle__snugglee__snugglomp_by_tsunfished-d91yu8v.png

Snuddle, Snugglee, and Snugglomp
Bug/Fairy, and based on a chat I had with some friends, who combined the words "snuggle" and "cuddle" together as a joke.
The last form is also loosely based on Cosby sweaters :p

request__6_by_tsunfished-d8uh1vx.png
request__7_by_tsunfished-d91yu06.png

I think these both were from a videogame.

shulk_by_tsunfished-d8uh1zl.png

And finally Shulk!
The pose isn't mine, but after I saw the artwork I thought it would have been neat to make a sprite version :)

Years
I had to reply.
Snuddle, Snugglee, and Snugglomp is too frickin cute.

I ADORE THEIR PALETTE! ;A; It's so cute.
I think Snugglomp has really harsh black outlines, though for the wings. It wouldn't bother me if there wasn't a variety of outline colors - which there is for the purple at the head! It looks really nice, but compared to the wings, and even the lower body in purple, everything else has a harsh outline.
dc150afaa1.png
Also edited a little at the bottom - but yeah! I saw a small detail in the outline of the head and compared to that, the other darker outlines are so harsh. ;u; Either keep it close to black (dark outline colors) or change it up with the palette you got and make sure it works for the rest of the outlines! I kind of like the lack of shading to the wings? I would add a little more shading to the yellow collar thing around the neck, though since it's not flat!
ouo I hope this helps out or becomes something to keep in mind for future pixel art!​

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Oh, thanks for the feedback!

I'll be sure to keep that in mind for newer projects!
The reason why I used much more black than needed is that's what the Gen 5 sprites usually do, I guess to keep the outline visible when parts of it are animating.

But since mine are static, I guess you're right on the outlines and shading. I'll be sure to apply your advice in newer sprites :D

Years
Oh, thanks for the feedback!

I'll be sure to keep that in mind for newer projects!
The reason why I used much more black than needed is that's what the Gen 5 sprites usually do, I guess to keep the outline visible when parts of it are animating.

But since mine are static, I guess you're right on the outlines and shading. I'll be sure to apply your advice in newer sprites :D

You're welcome!
Yeah, I thought it was going for a Gen 5 look, ahah! I was a little nervous about mentioning the outline thing because of the sprite style, but I'm glad I could help! ouo/​

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Updated the OP with more spritesss
Also adding in the ones I made for the Pokecommunity Dex :D

debbf96442.png

An old fakemon

jokai_by_tsunfished-d943oan.png

An even older fakemon

fanshee_by_tsunfished-d947gnb.png

A sheep!

A rare sight, but I actually did a non-sprite after some-numbered months :)
scrafty_for_smash__by_tsunfished-d954ce1.png

This is my entry to a "what pokemon do you want in smash?" contest on smogon a while back.

Ragnia

Hello
Years
Ay yo, it's Fricety! I love that flamin' hot little guy, both the original art and your sprite too. It's much better than what I ever did for it in the old dex, that's for certain >.>. I love Jokai and Fanshee too, they're all very clean looking! I wish there was more detail in Fanshees eyes but I understand that's not possible with the size of the sprite as it is now. Still, great job!

I also really like the Scrafty piece and how it mimics the official Smash style while keeping in tune with your own. Super solid stuff, Sunfished! :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 2, 2015
Just wow... Your really talented and i see that your really motivated to draw which is a REALLY GOOD THING.
Keep going with your art, and try to improve and improve!

Btw, that jokai is really fun! ;3

Back