• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Finished also the Ruby challenge part.
I never have time to update =/

257.gif

Lv. 61
Sky Uppercut
Bulk Up
Slash
Fire Punch

038.gif

Lv. 60
Confuse Ray
Flamethrower
Iron Tail
Dig

(Magcargo)
Lv. 60
Rock Slide
Body Slam
Flamethrower
Toxic

323.gif

Lv. 61
Earthquake
Eruption
Rock Slide
Strength

(Torkoal)
Lv. 60
Flamethrower
Sludge Bomb
Iron Defense
Body Slam​

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2015
Thanks. I have taken a look at type coverage and, TMs willing, a Psychic team should be able to manage. I have decided to give it a go.

Years
th_trainercard.png

45:56? Wow. that speed button really jacks up ones play time eh?

Anyways, got all 8 badges, Sabrina and Koga were both a pain due there massive level increase as compared to the trainers in there gym (the trainers in koga's gym have level 35-38, he is at 50) I'm at the Indigo Plateau training my team for the E4. Gonna grind to level 53 or so.

Current Team:
Spr_1y_057.png

Primeape (Lvl 47)
-Rock Slide
-Thunderbolt
-Low Kick
-Strength
Spr_1y_107.png

Hitmonchan (lvl 46)
-Double Edge
-Agility
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch
Spr_1y_062.png

Poliwrath (lvl 48)
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Psychic
-Hypnosis

HM Slaves:
Charmander: Cut
Wigglytuff: Flash
Pidgey: Fly

blue

gucci
Years
Ultimate Flying Monotype Challenge
Update #3

Reached Vermillion City and explored around.
Exited east and battled some of the trainers and did some grinding.
Healed my Pokémon and boareded the S.S Anne.
Battled ALL the trainers, got ALL the items and battled my rival Gary on the S.S. Anne, obtained HM01 Cut and disembarked off the S.S. Anne.
Healed up my Pokémon and went to take on Vermillion City Gym
Battled the trainers in there and solved the puzzle, onto LT. Surge!
Had some trouble with him considering he has the advantage over type, Flying being weak to Electric but after a few hard hits I managed to defeat LT. Surge but only by a flash.
Obtained the Thunder Badge & TM26 (Thunderbolt... doing a Flying Monotype) anyway, onto Celadon City!

Current Team

Tails/Fearow - Lv. 27

gby022.gif

~ Peck
~ Fury Attack
~ Leer
~ Mirror Move

Flutter/Pidgeotto - Lv. 27

gby017.gif

~ Quick Attack
~ Gust
~ Sand Attack
~ Whirlwind

Summer/Butterfree - Lv. 26

gby012.gif

~ Confusion
~ Sleep Powder
~ Stun Spore
~ Supersonic

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Quick update: I gave up getting a Wooper. I'll just do this with the same team as last time. Maybe add a Dugtrio or something cool like Gligar. Beat the Sprout Tower and made it all the way to Azelea Town. About to go talk to Kurt about this Rocket problem.
Why didn't you get Phanpy? He's available before the first gym in crystal.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2011
Just beat Brock in Pewter City in Yellow. Current team member is Pikachu (Piika) on level 15. Knows:

Quick Attack
Thundershock
Tail Whip
Double Team

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2011
Forgot to post last two gym challenges, sorry. Beat Misty and Lt. Surge, have just barely set foot in Celadon City.
Current team:

Pikachu (Piika) Lv. 40
-- Thunderbolt
-- Quick Attack
-- Body Slam
-- Double Team

Also have on hand, but am not using, Charmander (HM slave 1- currently knows Cut) and Squirtle (HM slave 2). Will go pick up Eevee, evolve and train it some, them take on the Celadon gym.

Years
I'm going to try a UMC with Water type.
Starting with Blue, and progressing on from there
Updates might be a little slow since I'm doing a solo run challenge and playing Black at the same time.
Wish me look Dudes :D

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Final Update for Flying UMC!

Final Pearl Update! Flying UMC Done!

Started in Sunnyshore City.

Spoiler:

ultflypearlchamp.png

Sinnoh Champs!

Team Fargo:
Spr_4d_416.png

Boss the Hardy Vespiquen, ♀ - L54 @ Rock Incense
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Power Gem, Attack Order, Defend Order, Heal Order
Spr_4d_169.png

Shadow the Adamant Crobat, ♂ - L53 @ Sky Plate
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: Bite, Poison Fang, Confuse Ray, Fly
Spr_4d_472.png

Claw the Bashful Gliscor, ♂ - L54 @ Soft Sand
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Moves: Aerial Ace, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Swords Dance
Spr_4d_426.png

Drifter the Brave Drifblim, ♀ - L53 @ Expert Belt
Ability: Aftermath
Moves: Shadow Ball, Fly, Thunderbolt, Psychic
Spr_4d_398_f.png

Hawkeye the Hardy Staraptor, ♀ - L53 @ Fist Plate
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Return, Brave Bird, Steel Wing, Close Combat

And the HM Slave:
Spr_4d_400_f.png

Grunt2 the Impish Bibarel, ♀ - L16
Ability: Simple
Moves: Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Surf, Waterfall

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Name: Haru.
Badges: 5.
Pokèdex: 12.

Into Iron Island.

392.png

Lv. 39
Mach Punch
Flame Wheel
Close Combat
Shadow Claw

78.png

Lv. 40
Stomp
Fire Blast
Poison Jab
Megahorn

467.png

Lv. 39
Thunderpunch
Lava Plume
Confuse Ray
Fire Punch

136.png

Lv. 39
Quick Attack
Bite
Dig
Fire Blast

400.gif

Lv. 15
Cut
Rock Smash
Surf​

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2011
Sorry for the inactivity and not posting updates on my old monotype challenges.
I cancelled the Ultimate Challenge idea, instead I'm going to start beating every region with every type, and then move onto the next region.
I've already finished my fire on Kanto, with an ending team of Charizard and Flareon.*I forgot levels and movesets it was a while ago sorry*
I will be starting my water right now and I'll hopefully be able to post progress either later on tonight or tommorow.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
This challenge is the 10th on the first page. Unacceptable. Let me help by starting a Steel Sapphire.

Edit 1: Chose Mudkip, beat Roxanne, got to Brawly with an Aron. At first I was like "Oshi- what am I going to do?" But then I was like "Oh yeah, I can skip him." Going on to Wattson.

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
This challenge is the 10th on the first page. Unacceptable. Let me help by starting a Steel Sapphire.
Lol. I'm thinking about starting another monotype myself, by man I have other ones to do. I still can't really believe that my flying ultimate one is over, the last game took forever (I officially hate sinnoh now, even Hoenn is better). I may try to do something like an ultimate...Normal...maybe. Idk. we'll see. It won't be for a while, though.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I still can't really believe that my flying ultimate one is over, the last game took forever (I officially hate sinnoh now, even Hoenn is better).
Join the club. There were like five people in the CI&D (myself included) that were complaining about how long sinnoh took.

Oh yeah, update: I skipped Brawly, beat Wattson, uh, got my team worked out (Aggron, Aggron, Metagross, Skarmory), and now I'm going through the Fiery Path.

Years
Join the club. There were like five people in the CI&D (myself included) that were complaining about how long sinnoh took.

Oh yeah, update: I skipped Brawly, beat Wattson, uh, got my team worked out (Aggron, Aggron, Metagross, Skarmory), and now I'm going through the Fiery Path.

I dont mind sinnoh. i did on my flying run, but on water and ground it went fairly fast, especially my ground run.

also, how are you gonna get Metagross? last i checked you can't get beldum until after the elite four, i may be wrong though.

Anyways, in my fighting UMC...
th_yellowbeaten.png

One down, four to go.

Final Team:
Spr_1y_057.png

Primeape (Lvl 51)
-Rock Slide
-Thunderbolt
-Low Kick
-Strength
Spr_1y_107.png

Hitmonchan (lvl 47)
-Double Edge
-Agility
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch
Spr_1y_062.png

Poliwrath (lvl 53)
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Psychic
-Hypnosis

Poliwrath was my MVP. Loved that guy ever since the johto leg of my water run.
Speaking of Johto, its time for crystal.
th_poliwagcaught.png
th_falknerdefeated.png
th_bugsydefeated.png
th_machop.png
th_whitney.png
th_poliwhirl.png
th_machoke.png

And i have literally spent 2 hours looking for a heracross. poliwhirls head must be KILLING him. Okay, thats it i am DONE for the night. If anyone knows where the Heracross are, let me know. Finding a shiny is easier than this...

Current Team:
Spr_2c_061.gif

Poliwhirl (lvl 26)
-Headbutt
-Hypnosis
-Surf
-Ice Punch
Spr_2c_067.gif

Muscle the Machoke (lvl 30)
-Low Kick
-Leer
-Dig
-Karate Chop

HM Slave
Cyndaquil (Cut)
Spearow (for fly)

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Dammit, you're right. Don't know why I thought you got Beldum at the same time as Dive. Well, time to rework my team...

And I know for a fact you can catch Heracross between Lake of Rage and Mahogany, also between New Bark and Cherrygrove. Try New Bark to Cherrygrove.

Ataraxia

Wanderer
Years
Wow I suck with deadlines... ANYWHO.
Final Team (Yellow/Poison/UMC)

Acidity

sprite.php

Level 47
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Poison Sting
Strength

Toxicity

031.png

Level 45
Body Slam
Poison Sting
Ice Beam
Thunder Bolt

Venom Wing

sprite.php

Level 47
Psybeam
Double Team
Poison Powder
Tackle

Poison Ivy

sprite.php

Level 47
Body Slam
Razor Leaf
Toxic
Solarbeam

Pentapox

sprite.php

Level 47
Surf
Poison Sting
Barrier
Blizzard

And there you have it, the team that conquered Kanto! :)
Spoiler:

Johto Saga

Update 0.5

• Named myself Acidity (of course) and went through the beginning sequences, getting a starter and going to Mr.Pokemon and back.
  • Sharked in Acidity and Toxicity (NidoranM and NidoranF) as well as two Moon Stones for future use. (you can get them in Mt Moon but that's ages away, I'll try not to use them until I have to though, I might make it there without using the sharked ones)
  • Trained the Nido-duo both to level 8, having them learn Horn Attack (Acidity) and Scratch (Toxicity) and reached Violet City.
Not much of an update I know but, 'Real Life' calls... :( Hopefully I'll get more done today but I think since my last post was... um... a long time ago, I dunno.

The people that read my posts will know that I'm scarily inactive most of the time and my posts are few and far between. I'm sure you're used to it by now. :P

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2011
Just beat Sabrina in Saffron City. Current team:

Pikachu (Piika) Lv. 46
-- Thunderbolt
-- Submission
-- Body Slam
-- Double Team

Jolteon (Thunders) Lv. 47
-- Pin Missile
-- Double Kick
-- Take Down
-- Quick Attack

And yes, I still have my two HM slaves. They are both still on level 10. Sabrina was pretty easy thanks to Jolteon's Pin Missile, but I still had to switch out once to Pikachu and revive Jolteon. Now, I'm currently on Route 13, on my way to Fuschia City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back