• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CSS Help & Resources

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I tried going directly to the link you provided, but I keep getting a "404 - not found" error on every refresh. The actual code is fine, it's the sprite's link you might need to work on. It's possible that you might have to find another Tepig sprite that works.

Years
I was kind of thinking that when I got the same error but I was on my iPhone and those things are wonky. Thank you for looking into this :)

quilzel

net start w3svc
Years
I was kind of thinking that when I got the same error but I was on my iPhone and those things are wonky. Thank you for looking into this :)

It looks like that website is experiencing some issues at the moment. your code looks okay, I'd wait until the website comes back up before changing anything.

Also you can use the [noparse] tag, which simply stops code inside of the tag from rendering.

Example:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7951769&postcount=213"][IMG]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/498.png[/IMG][/URL]

Years
It looks like that website is experiencing some issues at the moment. your code looks okay, I'd wait until the website comes back up before changing anything.

Also you can use the [noparse] tag, which simply stops code inside of the tag from rendering.

Example:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7951769&postcount=213"][IMG]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/498.png[/IMG][/URL]

Thank you very much :)
I didn't know about the [noparse] thing. That is a good bit of info.

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
I am trying to make a sig CSS. Can anyone do an example? I won't copy the CSS I just want to see how the coding works. Besides, I like doing stuff my way.

Years
I am trying to make a sig CSS. Can anyone do an example? I won't copy the CSS I just want to see how the coding works. Besides, I like doing stuff my way.
CSS can work in many several different ways. Are you looking for something specific?

Here's some examples:

text here

text here

Years
border_zps39497483.png

That image is what I see in both Firefox and Chrome for your signature, and I do see a border there. Is the border where you wanted it to be?

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
Years
border_zps39497483.png

That image is what I see in both Firefox and Chrome for your signature, and I do see a border there. Is the border where you wanted it to be?

That's not what I meant.
I was not referring to the CSS inside the image which is the background.
The border of the image I used is supposed to be there but I can't see it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
That's not what I meant.
I was not referring to the CSS inside the image which is the background.
The border of the image I used is supposed to be there but I can't see it.

Code:
border-color: black;
border-width: 2px;
border-style: 
solid;

This is your current CSS, right? There seems to be a line-break between "border-style:" and "solid;", so try removing that and see if it helps. (: If it doesn't, then add "border: 2px solid black!important;" at the end of your code.

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
Years
Question:
How does the text decoration "blink" work?

Problem:
I have been thinking to put an image in my signature which has CSS and this box which has it's opacity which is 0.6 or what was that.... can't be moved to the left.... I'm trying to put this-----> "background-position: left" command but it doesn't work feel free to use inspect element on my signature and figure the problem out please.... or check the CSS I used.

CSS coding I used:
Code:
[center][cd=" background-color: lightgrey; border-color: black; border-width: 2px; border-style: solid; border-top-right-radius: 2em; border-bottom-right-radius: 2em; width: 365px; height: 208px;"][cd=" background-color: black; background-position: left; width: 155px; height: 20; opacity: 0.6"][COLOR="LightGreen"]Pair: Saturnus

Other Forums Im In:

EGC Account: Grey
PHO Account: XLR8
LV Account: Grey

"[I]I love making out with lamps![/I]" - Nigahiga]/COLOR]]/cd]]/cd]]/center]

Years
It's probably the center BBCode tag you've got wrapped around it that's breaking things.

With the center tag:
Pair: Saturnus

Other Forums Im In:

"I love making out with lamps!" - Nigahiga

Without:
Pair: Saturnus

Other Forums Im In:

"I love making out with lamps!" - Nigahiga

As for your question, "blink" works basically by making the text "animated" and alternating between having the text being invisible and visible. It's considered a very annoying thing and poor web design and the 5 mainstream browsers do not support it anymore.

Back