• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Battle of the Generations

Gym Leader Jake

Water Gym Leader
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 6, 2013
Battle of the Generations

In each Generation of Pokémon, there are new abilities, moves, and new Pokémon themselves. Over 5 Generations, there are 649 Pokémon. Many people dispute which generation is the best. I say- Let's Find Out. This isn't your average tournament, so Read on- If you dare.

In this tournament, there are 6 rounds. In each of the first 5 rounds, you will only be able to use the Pokémon of the respective generation. For example, In Round One, you can only use the Pokémon from Gen 1, in Round Two, you can only use Pokémon from Gen 2, ect.

In Each Round, you will receive 6 new Pokémon, each from their respective Generation. This will be your team for that round. For each battle you win, you will receive points. For winning a battle, you receive 2 points. For losing a battle, you will receive 1 point. But what if you don't like your team? Here's the twist- You can buy more Pokémon for 1 point each. Each Round will last 3 days.

When the round is over, you won't be able to use your team anymore. But don't get rid of your Pokémon- you will be able to use them again in the 6th round. At the end of each round, post your points in this Forum. The winner of each round will receive a boost to help them in the next round. This could be anything- From a Legendary Pokémon to 50 extra points. Keep track of your points- they will determine your place at the end of the tournament.

Example- Round 1

Team-
• Electrode
• Beedrill
• Machoke
• Golem
• Golbat
• Tentecruel
Points- 79

Example- Battle Results

Winner- Lethos + 2
Loser- Javelin + 1

Example- Buying Pokémon

When you buy Pokémon, PM me on either PC Forums of PC battle server. I will then respond with something like 150-Mewtwo or 3- Venusaur.

Each round will progress in the exact same manner- Until the 6th round. In the 6th round, you will not be able to purchase more Pokémon. What you will do is assemble a team of ALL the Pokémon you have gathered over the previous Five Rounds. Then there will be a week long period of battling. The winner of this round will receive a 50 point boost to add to their Point total.

At the end of the Tournament, post your point total in the forum. I will bring them together, and determine the winner. Good Luck!

Rules
• Post in the Forum to join
• ONLY battle on the PC server
• Don't give other people hints- Don't give away your points- and don't watch other peoples battles
• Don't lie- Only use the Pokémon given to you
• Post all of your battle outcomes on the Forum After each round
• Good Luck, and post all questions on the forum
- "All standard clauses apply, EXCEPT for species clause (because there IS a chance that you can get two of the same pokemon), as well as Uber clause, (because there is also a chance that you can get a Uber pokemon!)" http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/rules

GOOD LUCK !!!!

- Jake

Participants-
clay10mc
Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Jellicent
ChocolateCrunch
Hyperbeem
Diurno
king_nick72

Last edited:
Years
a contest for the best gen ever......... IM IN!!

battles:
Diurno(won)(lost)(won)
claymc10(lost)

pokemon collected:2

Last edited:

Diurno

Ex-Pave Low
Years
Lost vs king_nick72 +1
Won vs king_nick72 +2
Lost vs king_nick72 +1
Lost vs Duzzy +1
Won vs Chocolate +2

Currency: 53

Purchased 4 Pokemon for 4

Last edited:

Gym Leader Jake

Water Gym Leader
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 6, 2013
Time for a Little Suprise!!!

Well, this is the first Event!!!

So, when i was walking around, I came upon a Cave!!! In this cave were these really interesting orbs. I don't really know what they do, but i think they might contain something if you open them. Let's find out!!! PM me your choice of the orbs, and after a while I will open them for you! Some of them will really help you, but others might, lets say, swap out a couple of your Pokemon. :paranoid:

There are 6 orbs.......

Orb 1
Orb 2
Orb 3
Orb 4
Orb 5
Orb 6

And just to say- when I picked up one of these orbs, I heard this really loud screech. Suddenly, that Orb burned my hand!! I don't know...... but my hand hurts. Imma go to the hospital now. This burn might be serious. Bye!!!

Good Luck !!~
-Jake

I forgot to add that this event will end tonight, so PM me with your choice!! ~

-Jake

Last edited:

Gym Leader Jake

Water Gym Leader
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 6, 2013
Orb Time !!!

I hefted my hammer, preparing to crack open the first orb. I had tested to see- and i was right- the Orbs were hollow. Let's see what's inside!!!

Orb 1
Spoiler:

Orb 2
Spoiler:

Orb 3
Spoiler:

Orb 4
Spoiler:

Orb 5
Spoiler:

Orb 6
Spoiler: