• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Tutorials: Scripting (In HD Video Form!)

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2019
i followed the first lesson,but advance map giving me the message "No script editor defined"

Any idea about that ?

Bolens

Soul Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
i followed the first lesson,but advance map giving me the message "No script editor defined"

Any idea about that ?

Go to settings in Advance Map, and scroll down to "Choose Script Editor/Viewer" Now I'm going to say that Pokescript can not view Scripts...You'll need XSE or PKSV. Once you get one of them, I like XSE the best...Then you select the program when your in Advance MAP. Hope this helps.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2019
Go to settings in Advance Map, and scroll down to "Choose Script Editor/Viewer" Now I'm going to say that Pokescript can not view Scripts...You'll need XSE or PKSV. Once you get one of them, I like XSE the best...Then you select the program when your in Advance MAP. Hope this helps.

ok thanx for your help ;)

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2011
Please read this, because this has been bugging me for quite some time.
I need to find a way to make the guy who works in the Viridian mart to not give one the "Oak's Parcel". I've tried everything I could think of - changing his script, building a new map, even removing him as an event and more.
If anyone knows how to do this, I'd be very grateful!

Edit: The reason I'm posting here, is because PokeScript is the only scripting software I can figure out how to use. I've tried the others, and I didn't know what was up and down.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Please read this, because this has been bugging me for quite some time.
I need to find a way to make the guy who works in the Viridian mart to not give one the "Oak's Parcel". I've tried everything I could think of - changing his script, building a new map, even removing him as an event and more.
If anyone knows how to do this, I'd be very grateful!

Edit: The reason I'm posting here, is because PokeScript is the only scripting software I can figure out how to use. I've tried the others, and I didn't know what was up and down.

It's because that script is a level script. try posting in the Simple Questions thread.

iYesith

Moderate Scripter(Expert Soon)
Years
AWESOME!!! Thanks a lot dude...this is the only tutorial i found helpful...specially since itz in video format...keep up the good work =P

Years
Your tutorials are great and have helped me a load.
Could you possibly do a tutorial on Level (Map) Scripts?
I can't seem to find any and I really want to use more then just sprite scripts as it doesn't really give a lot of a realistic feel to a game.
Be great if you could!

AustinWolff

has left
Years
Spoiler:

I have a problem with my script. I think I set the var values and unknowns right, but I think I did it wrong. can anyone tell me what to put in there? ( it is a script box in Amap. the point is when you step on the box, a guy will look at you, walk up to you then give you your badges, then dissappear)

Spoiler:

p.s. I am using a ruby rom

droomph

weeb
Years
Spoiler:

I have a problem with my script. I think I set the var values and unknowns right, but I think I did it wrong. can anyone tell me what to put in there? ( it is a script box in Amap. the point is when you step on the box, a guy will look at you, walk up to you then give you your badges, then dissappear)

Spoiler:

p.s. I am using a ruby rom

What exactly IS the problem? I see everything's all right.

The only thing that I can see that wrong is that the applymovement should be before the faceplayer.

If they will be consistently moving, try removing the faceplayer.

Also, I don't think that it is necessary to pause it during the fadescreen.

AustinWolff

has left
Years
What exactly IS the problem? I see everything's all right.

The only thing that I can see that wrong is that the applymovement should be before the faceplayer.

If they will be consistently moving, try removing the faceplayer.

Also, I don't think that it is necessary to pause it during the fadescreen.

the only problem is that i stil dont know how to insert it into A map

red5677

Non-Existent Elite Four Champ
Years
Does anyone know how to create a starter event? In my hack the first gym leader wants me to find a pokemon, and I want someone in town to give me one, with the three images and all that, except multichoice and no pokeballs. I know you need to use flags and all that but I can't seem to figure it out, and there is no guide on actually doing it on the interwebs.

Back