• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
But then again, it would be such a shame that Acanthite would get locked, agree?
It does have the best Fakemon out of any fangame on the internet, after all. And I couldn't give a real exclamation to why I was bumping it since I was on my mobile and it takes way to long to even type the colour code...

So let's just say I said this:
This game has the best Fakemon I have ever seen, I really like all of them and the artwork looks like it was done by game freak!
chimchar.jpg

497.png

Really, we all know which is best.
It's a shame no one has posted on this thread for nearly a month and I hope me reviving it gives it a new lease of life.

That ok?

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
But then again, it would be such a shame that Acanthite would get locked, agree?

The thread creator can revive this thread at any point as long as content (an update/demo and so on) is being posted.

But for members to post on the day. that's spam. That's called bumping a thread my friend.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
(Copied statement from Acanthite forums)

Activity is dreadful, my apologies. I've been trying to find time for Acanthite as a project and forum while dealing with a busy personal life and hectic work schedule at university (and rarely being at home to work on Acanthite). As such, we need an action plan because I've evolved into an ineffective leader for this project. However, the idea is too much of a good one to give up.

People, I need active staff.

In the great and unequivocally efficient Cipher's retirement from active duty, I find myself lacking the time to be a good administrator and things are getting on top of me. Ideally, I would like someone to step up to the plate here on the basis of assisting with forum and site management (likely with correspondence through Cipher who is still alive and consequentially blessed with his own experience and knowledge).

Afti has suggested a streamlining of the Acanthite forums and I agree with him. Many of the general forums will be removed soon to place a heavier emphasis on Acanthite itself and members will be more inclined to discuss and contribute to the project rather than general matters.

I am in need of some more staff to work on all areas of the game as many current staff are AWOL. I'm looking for story collaborators to work with me, pixel artists who can work on DP styled buildings and tiles, Pokémon and trainer sprites (and if KangasKid18 reads this and disagrees with any such appointments, he may contact me and tell me his intent to continue with this project but I'm assuming he has a great deal of work), and the whole array of menu interfaces, icons etc, music and sound effects, high-level RGSS/Ruby programmers, concept artists.

Anyone wishing to contribute to these areas and join the team, state your case WITH EXAMPLES in this thread or in PM. I want to know that you will be ACTIVE.

Anyone who has ideas for what they want to realistically see in the game, state so in this thread or in the appropriate forum section. If you have ideas for the forum, likewise, discuss it. We need discussion because we, and I include myself wholly in that, seem to have just been ignoring this as progress gets worse and worse.

Cheers,
Charlie

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
Wish I could help, but I am highly reliant on precompiled tools. By the way, do you have a % on how much is finished?

Prowler

Caught Somewhere in Time
Years
Not a big fan of the new Pokemon TBH, though I've not liked the Hoenn+ officials anyway, and these are done in the same style. High production values though.

Also the maps could do with more details such as flowers scattered around or any new details made. Seems some of the "cities" are small as well, with only a couple of houses. Mezereon is nice though as well as Bambotta. ;)

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2012
so, is there a demo out? when will the game approximately be finished? no posts her in a while. Has anything recently been done so far?

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Hello, everyone. I would say sorry for the lack of progress but I'd just be coming out with more excuses as usual and that attitude stops. We've lost our lead designer and our main spriter, which has left us in a bit of trouble. I'm in dire need of high standard Pokémon spriters and designers at present to help work on the areas that still need improving.

We currently have discussions ongoing with regard to designs. Here are some sketches and artworks of Pokémon who's designs are not yet complete. We need feedback, suggestions, and further sketches!

TIDALISK
Concept by Hallm3. This Tidalisk is more or less complete but must be less bulky as it has to be fast and streamlined, able to run across the surface of water.

The following sketches I believe are all by Comfy Cushion.

KESTRAWK
I would like to have seen it in flight so as to see how streamlined it is.

GOBLEAF
Troublesome line. Some suggest it is too humanoid. Should it be deleted and replaced with something different? If so, what would be suitable? Or continue with the line and give it a major revamp?

LIMBASH
ARMASTER
Pretty content with Armaster in particular. We need a Pupunch.

ARMAPILL
This would be its STURDY SHELL form. It needs a SHARP SHELL form too.

TERAZECKER
How's this?

Also we have:
TERAZECKER, BUNNIGUST & LAGOWIND
Concepts by Nintendo Jr. An alternative take on Terazecker, plus the rabbits.
RABBAIR
Rabbair by Hallm3. I think it's my favourite take on the Pokémon.
RABBAIR, BUNNIGUST & LAGOWIND
I always think Lagowind should be bulkier.
RABBAIR & BUNNIGUST

PROTROHM

THUNDULL

BOULDON
JABADON

BOUQUAIL

CHALISTONE

DOLPHLARE
BLUBBURN

SAMAWRAITH
Coloured
GREMLEYE

HALOVE

MALISMITE

KOARBOR
KOALAMPUR

PESTILOAK

MANDUNE
Too much like Jungilo?

MATOMIC & NUCLOUND

STRIKTOIL
VIPERNO

CHIMENRA

CORRODOGON

HARNAIL
GLAZARD

VIRYRM
Colouring will make or break this Pokémon.

MISSINGNO. DECODE FORM
Sketches.

MISSINGNO. DECODE FORM
Developed idea.

GEMININE
By Nelson. Dynamic, perhaps needs more life though. It is difficult in that is living but artificial.

--------------------

Also, chronicling the outdoor maps. At this point, these are outdoor demo maps. The graphics for the tileset have been significantly revamped to give the region a fresher look.

I owe major credits to Kymotonian, Alistair, Minorthreat, Narodin, Concore and Pyro for their contributions to the tileset.

NEWBLOOM BAY
SUNRISE ISLE
SUNRISE WILDERNESS
ROUTE M1
ELDERWOOD TOWN
ROUTE M2
LIMEBURG FOREST (Preview only)
ROUTE M3
PINEFALL CITY
ROUTE M4
ALDERFORD CITY
LARIX GARDENS

rockeymon

Real life Silver Shirubaa
Years
Um looking through this I would like to ask you to do me a favor Frangeking if you havent already read Pokemon adventures Gold/silver/red arc then read them (start with red) red doesnt have alot to do with Kamon but basicly you are making a backstory that is effectivly already writen.
Kamon/silver is Blues sister(dont know japanese name) They where kidnapped by Ho-oh(I beleive from what I have read), and the events that occur occur because he is on a adventure to figure out what happened, now if you are writing this for previouse all this I understand but if you arent you are writing a story that is already writen.

Atomic Reactor

It's a fan game. let him do hos own story.
Looking good Fangking. Although, I'm kinda bored of seeing kyledoves tiles =/
Just my opinion

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
I think KyleDove looks good.
I love how you kept the maps so simple, but yet maintained the overall beauty of them.
Good work.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
The ubiquitous Kyledove style is in vogue... but probably for a reason. I chose it because the somewhat unsaturated palette really suits the darker mood of Acanthite. Many of the tiles are at least exclusives which keeps things fresh.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Um looking through this I would like to ask you to do me a favor Frangeking if you havent already read Pokemon adventures Gold/silver/red arc then read them (start with red) red doesnt have alot to do with Kamon but basicly you are making a backstory that is effectivly already writen.
Kamon/silver is Blues sister(dont know japanese name) They where kidnapped by Ho-oh(I beleive from what I have read), and the events that occur occur because he is on a adventure to figure out what happened, now if you are writing this for previouse all this I understand but if you arent you are writing a story that is already writen.

Acanthite isn't being based on the manga, so there is no reason for Fangking to really conform to their story...

And I'm glad to see a new update for Acanthite, Fangking, I missed the project's presence in the community...

Years
I'm seriously thinking about updating modt, if not all, all the tiles I made for Acanthite. They seem a bit out of place...

But anyway, looking good, Fang. I like that you actually kept the desaturated look, considering that people are opting for the brighter palettes of HG/SS now. As you stated, it does give the maps more of a darker feeling to them. I wish I could sprite Pokémon for you, but I'm not really that good. I hope you find a new designer and spriter soon.

But it's good to see Acanthite still alive, and it'll be greater to see it continue to live and grow. All the best wishes.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Hello, everyone. I would say sorry for the lack of progress but I'd just be coming out with more excuses as usual and that attitude stops. We've lost our lead designer and our main spriter, which has left us in a bit of trouble. I'm in dire need of high standard Pokémon spriters and designers at present to help work on the areas that still need improving.

I'm glad that you're trying to make a new resolve to release the long, long, long-anticipated demo. I think I'm a fairly good Pokémon spriter. Here's some examples from my game (1) and one I did for Wichu (2). I would be able to do some sprites here and there, if needed, and if you don't think my sprites are sh*t-tastic. If they are, then DIAF. ;P

BUT, I think the main problem of Acanthite has always been a focus on the designs. Re-designing and re-designing and re-designing. When it comes down to it, it's supposed to be a playable game. Time should be spent mapping, setting up the events and actually building the game... Otherwise it's just nice ideas that will sadly never go anywhere. At this point, I am not very optimistic about there ever being a demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back