• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
The only messages by moderators I've been sent were either because I asked a question, my thread was approved, or I had received an emblem. Having seen how many posts I have here, now I understand that emblem. x;

Edit: Just seen the above post
It would be really weird if it were the same forum. My name there was the same as here, so I figure if my friends from there stumble upon PC, they'll know it's me.

Years
@Livewire
I more meant that you guys are actually active here and participate in conversations. The moderators on the other forum I used just...existed. They went around moving and deleting threads, threatening bans and suspensions, etc but they rarely bothered to talk to people and the like. I:

I don't think I can handle only doing moderating and not talking to people.. imho one of my jobs as a mod is to have a presence in my section. It's kind of unbearable to only lock/merge/etc since I want to get to know others that frequent the same section I do!

I barely have any posts in the DCC though, I only pop in from time to time shame on me. ;;

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Bulbagarden is actually a whole lot more lenient than PC. At least, that's what I've found it to be...

If it's Serebii, I'm sure he'll be here in no time to defend the honor of his forums. 'cause he's a stalker.
That gave me a good laugh.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I've never been on there.
The only forum I've used (short of PC) was this little unknown place for a book series. I stuck around even after I stopped caring about those books, just to talk to my friends there. I: But gosh those moderators were strict. The wannabe trolls were funny, though. Mainly because they were so horrible at trolling. It also was enjoyable to freak out new people with my friends. c:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
I've never been on there.
The only forum I've used (short of PC) was this little unknown place for a book series. I stuck around even after I stopped caring about those books, just to talk to my friends there. I: But gosh those moderators were strict. The wannabe trolls were funny, though. Mainly because they were so horrible at trolling. It also was enjoyable to freak out new people with my friends. c:

Sounds like my relationship with PC. I stopped halfway through Heartgold and just went cold turkey with the series, no joke.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
That sounds amazing haha. I've spammed up another forum using an alt that the moderators didn't know about. Then suddenly they realized that all of those banned accounts were me (I suspect an old friend ratted me out). It seriously was like five accounts. ;D I came back after that, then they kicked me off permanently later.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Sounds like my relationship with PC. I stopped halfway through Heartgold and just went cold turkey with the series, no joke.

A ton of people are like that with Pokemon. I can remember a time when it seemed like a staff member still actively liking Pokemon was a rarity. PC is definitely one of those places that grows beyond its core theme.

Years
There are actually people I banned years ago that would wait a few months and make another alt to eventually troll with here. Oh so many stories.

I even called one, ("You're so and so, back again") literally a year after they first got banned. Without checking an IP. #Supersleuth.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
What would it be like if you could be banned from real life?
That just popped into my head and I want to know you guys' opinions.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
A ton of people are like that with Pokemon. I can remember a time when it seemed like a staff member still actively liking Pokemon was a rarity. PC is definitely one of those places that grows beyond its core theme.

This place seems more like a site for Pokemon fans than an actual Pokemon forum. I mean most of the new users come for the ROM hacking and the newest games but a lot of the older members I've noticed come mainly for other chat.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I meant being banned from living. But not necessarily dying. Just not being allowed to live.

I don't know. It's 1am here and my mind goes a little weird when I'm tired.

Years
This place seems more like a site for Pokemon fans than an actual Pokemon forum. I mean most of the new users come for the ROM hacking and the newest games but a lot of the older members I've noticed come mainly for other chat.

I've actually noticed this too, OC&D is like a haven for the older members, in terms of age and in terms of how long you've been on the site. Plus I think newer users can be kind of intimidated by all the staff that post here and by people rocking post counts in the thousands and tens of thousands, haha.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
What would it be like if you could be banned from real life?
That just popped into my head and I want to know you guys' opinions.

From real life as whole? I'd imagine you'd be stuck in purgatory. Which I've always pictured as some sort of waiting room with endless elevator music playing and the temperature set to just above annoyingly uncomfortable.

Yeah, I've always thought that as well. At least once I integrated into the forums way back when. It was as if most of the consistently active users posted in everywhere but the Pokemon related forums. At least until it was time for a new generation to pop up, then everyone's suddenly a fan again.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I imagined it more like being trapped in this dark room where nothing exists. And you're stuck there forever. I guess like an equivalent to the death penalty?

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I've actually noticed this too, OC&D is like a haven for the older members, in terms of age and in terms of how long you've been on the site. Plus I think newer users can be kind of intimidated by all the staff that post here and by people rocking post counts in the thousands and tens of thousands, haha.

I remember when I first joined I was a little intimidated to post here because of the staff members and the users that were here since 2004-2006, but now that I'm older and been around longer I just post whatever comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back