• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TY

Well currently im in love with Starbound, Terraria and Borderlands 2. I dont have that much games on Steam though hahaha

I heard that Metal Gear Rising game that finally got released on steam is pretty cool.

A lot of people gave good reviews on it, and its a good PC port aswell.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Not at all.

Persona 4 is not replayable. OK, a second playthrough to get the secret ending (if missed) and seeing all the social links you didn't go for is probably not a bad idea, but after that? Eh. The game just isn't that good because the combat system is awfully shallow and dungeons are just randomly generated, not fun at all. The best thing about the game is Inaba itself and the social links, but 60 hours of that is more than enough already.
Can't really agree, Spino. Persona 4 Golden isn't the same game that Persona 4 was, and actually finding someone that didn't like Persona 4 enough to play the game again with all of the changes and added content is pretty difficult, especially since the games were released a good 4 years apart. If the dungeons weren't randomized it wouldn't be very fun, especially for a second time around, and I'd hardly say that the combat is shallow unless you easy mode it up and foresake fusion, weaknesses, and the added spell cards and the like. Not to mention that a lot of combat changes have been made between G and the original. Those really seem more like reasons you specifically didn't like the game too much rather than reasons that most people would/wouldn't.

I would agree that Inaba and the Social Links are the best part of P4, but that's exactly why someone would want to revisit it. The game leaves you wanting more even though you won't get it. It attaches you to the characters so that you'll want to stay with them and see more of them, and you'll miss them when it's all over. That's why Persona 4 Golden was so appetizing. Not only are there entire months that have been added to the game, but there are new events, animated cutscenes, and even new Social Links with the addition of a pretty memorable character and the development of an already established one. It's very easy to see why anyone would want to revisit and why they wouldn't find it tedious upon doing so.

Though, I do miss Chie's old voice. Her new one isn't bad, it's rather spot-on, but there was a realistic dimension that only her original voice tapped into that I liked about her. Not really a con, though.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Golden has some changes that I agree is worth a playthrough for. (only if you really liked P4 to begin with though) But all said and done, the game still isn't replayable. Any game would be if you haven't played it for 4 years or so though, lol.

I disagree that randomized dungeon make the game fun. If anything, it's tedious, as the process is the same in every floor where you just have to find the stairs. In my opinion, Naoto's Lab and Magatstu Inaba are the only noteworthy dungeons because they actually had some sort of design to progress (even if floors are still randomized), and that made them pretty fun to play on. Otherwise, I really, really don't like dungeons in this game, especially compared to something like SMT3 Nocturne where the dungeon design was pretty amazing and very fun to revisit. It's no Tartarus, at least.

The thing about the combat that makes it so shallow is that it's very easy to exploit. It's really all about finding a shadow's weakness, and once you do, you're pretty much set by spamming their weakness and getting continuous extra turns. (This is the same in Hard mode as well, only that you also have to manage your SP. YIPPEE) Bosses are an exception, only that it's all about buffing and debuffing instead. Fusing is addicting bu it's present in every SMT game anyway. (Plus, I prefer the way Nocturne does it.)

Persona 4 is amazing and everyone should play it, but it has its share of problems. It does best in actually being a role playing game, and Inaba is such an incredible place. But as a game, it's really not that fun or replayable. Like you said, the only reason you'd wanna replay P4 is to visit Inaba again.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Persona 4 is amazing and everyone should play it, but it has its share of problems. It does best in actually being a role playing game, and Inaba is such an incredible place. But as a game, it's really not that fun or replayable. Like you said, the only reason you'd wanna replay P4 is to visit Inaba again.
You cannot expect a game to be flawless =) But if some RPG is close to be flawless, P4G would aspire to be one ;)

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
So being a huge Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents fan I decided to give Osu! a try.

I...hate this. Maybe it'll grow on me or something, but mouse controls is nowhere near as responsive or fast paced as touch screen controls. What I liked about the series being on the DS is that the touch screen allowed so much freedom and a ridiculously fast pace that it really co operated with the rhythm. The digital circles actually felt real when you pushed them. My sister even commented that I was a fantastic "drummer" when she saw me play. It's that kind of flow that I love so much about the series. I'm not feeling it with the mouse. It's so slow and awkward.

And don't get me started on the "beatmaps" I played. The icon placement doesn't even touch the worst of Ouendan/EBA. The guys at iNiS actually placed the circles in such a clever and rhythmic way that it was so easy to get into the rhythm and be addicted. Here, the ones I played just felt all over the place. No sense of rhythm whatsoever. Maybe I'm just unlucky. Then there's also the cheap interface and sound design, contrast to how brilliant EBA/Ouendan does it.

I'm being too hard on this, yeah. But I've seen so many people recommend this to me and actually going as far as saying it's better than EBA/Ouendan, so I had some high expectations. Personally, there are very, very few games that I'd consider flawless, and Elite Beat Agents and Ouendan 2 happen to be one of those games (Ouendan has some rough edges particularly in the circle placement but it's still damn great), and I finally thought that I still needed more of them. That, coupled with the ability to actually make your own beatmaps, pushed me to download. I'm really not liking it so far, evidently, but I'm gonna give it a chance. Maybe I'll download more beatmaps and see if I hit a jackpot or try to see if I can actually see if my rhythm I developed would be enough to make a good one. I should also get a better mouse, I'd say. Too soon to judge, probably.

EDIT: Osu! has over 2 billion people that played it.
That's like, a thousand times more than people who played all the three Ouendan games, combined. And that makes me depressed. ;________________________;
You cannot expect a game to be flawless =) But if some RPG is close to be flawless, P4G would aspire to be one
11.%20wink.gif
Well.....
Ouendan2.jpg

Ouendan 2 (+EBA) :P

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I built a PC today. 8)

Gimme fun and preferably cheap on Steam games to clog it up with.

Specs would be nice to know...

Bundles are nice n cheap. Generally a few good games in em too.

Like these here
https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/rpg-champions-bundle/
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/outer-limits-bundle/
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/kingdoms-bundle/ (This one, sadly, doesn't include the ton of DLC for Magika... But the DLC bundle goes for sale a lot on Steam for cheap.)
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/the-brutal-bundle/

Additionally, you can check www.isthereanydeal.com for prices on single games.

Edit - Get Fallout New Vegas, TES Oblivion and TES Skyrim. NVUE and Oblivion Deluxe are cheap, Skyrim Legendary is still a bit expensive right now, but these games are all heavily modded. Tons of mods, tons of new stuff, so these games are well worth the money.

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Got crushed 3D today. My brain hurts after only 3 levels. I'm so glad I got it at such a cheap price(like 20 bucks).

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Never played Ouendan, but played Elite Beat Agents. The games look similar. Elite Beat Agents was sooo fun too.

Years
You have a point there. I've never played Elite Beat Agents either, though... it's one of the few DS games I know quite a bit about but have never played.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I have heard of Ouendan. I just have no clue what it's about and have never played it... it's a Japanese exclusive though, so you can't blame me!
Elite Beat Agents? It's practically Ouendan, but for America.
Never played Ouendan, but played Elite Beat Agents. The games look similar. Elite Beat Agents was sooo fun too.
You should consider importing Ouendan. Ouendan 2 in particular is right on par with EBA. I dunno which of them I prefer. (Ouendan 2 has more songs that are fun to play, but EBA has the songs that are most fun to play, if that makes sense. Of course every level in each of them is quality.)

For people who aren't familiar with the series. It''s hard to explain, so here's a vid.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
EBA looks exactly the same as Osu. Now I wonder which came first but to lazy to look. Will be getting this though as it looks pretty fun

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Osu came out after Ouendan 2 (last game in the series), and it was apparently fan made based on Ouendan/EBA. There's a reason why you see Ouendan/EBA chibi characters on the main site header.

And yeah you should. Touch screen is just way better and more natural than the mouse controls, it feels so gimped with the mouse.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
There's thousands of different games for the DS, but I've played only, like, nine or ten of them. If you include Pokémon though, then it equals to about sixteen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back