• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who Is The Hardest gym Leader In HG/SS?

Who Is The Hardest Gym Leader Of HG/SS?

• Falkner

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Bugsy

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • Whitney

Votes: 139 49.3%
  • Morty

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Chuck

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Jasmine

Votes: 16 5.7%
  • Bryce

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Claire

Votes: 77 27.3%
  • Other (Kanto)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DragoniteMySavior

Use Hurricane!!!
Years
Who is the hardest pokemon of HG/SS for you?

Im only on the 5th city, but for me so far, Whitneys Miltank and that Milk Drink of hers just............AARGH!!!

Morty was actually a piece of cake, I freaked out at first though when I saw his Gengar.

Bugsys Scyther also gave me some trouble.

By the time I get to Cianwood, im completely underleveled..............................aargh.

Last edited:

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
I think the hardest was Whitney as her Miltank have a Rollout + Milk Drink combo,and Rollout kills ....
Bugsy spamming U-Turn was also annoying ...
And Falkner spamming Roost ...
But hardest was Whitney imo

BryGuy Shinigami

Psychic Pokemon Prophet
Years
Definite Whitney, the Miltank was tough. Faulkner and Bugsy was easy for me. Morty was a challenge with the Gengar and Shadow Ball. Chuck was easy since he spams out using that Charging move (forgot it's name) and I will always hit it so it would be useless. Jasmine was very easy on SS (I had Typlosion by then) but I actually lost to her on HG (had a Bayleef). Pryce was basically easy cause ice doesn't resist anything except itself, making his Ground/Ice pig pokemon weak to all three starters. And Clair was a challenge in SS, but I defeated her first try. In HG, she was fun to battle.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Clair gave me a really bad time. Her Kingdra just... just... Oh, I can't say it! It freaking defeats me every time...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
Whitney and her Miltank. >:(

It was so frustrating to beat her Miltank because her potions ans Miltanks Milk Drink.

And once I beated her my game freezed outside of gym so I had to battle her again.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Even after all these years, Whitney's Miltank is still a huge pain. In fact, I'd go as far to say she's the biggest challenge I've had with a Gym Leader regardless of game.

It's why I always need a female Graveler when I play the Johto games. Resistance to Rollout and immunity to Attract. Stomp constantly flinching me remains an issue with Whitney, so it doesn't solve everything.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Rollout can't do much to an Onix. *hint*
Use Screech and Headbutt.

Hardest for me was actually Blue due to his Machamp knowing Stone Edge, and his Rhydon; but among the listed leaders I found Clair most of a challenge.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Clair's Kingdra still has the ability to screw over most of my team with its movepool and its freaky lack of weaknesses (apart from Dragon). None of the other Gym Leaders - including Whitney - have such a powerful Pokemon at their disposal.

Mentalii

Back
Years
Claire is pretty tough as I can remember. She gave me more difficulties in GSC, but she was strong nevertheless.

Years
I use Marriland's trick for Whitney, so I've never lost against her.
In that case, Clair is my pick. I usually don't use ice or dragon types, so yeah.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I use Marriland's trick for Whitney, so I've never lost against her.
In that case, Clair is my pick. I usually don't use ice or dragon types, so yeah.

What was marilland's trick?

and yeah, the rarity of eraly ice-types and dragon-types to train makes clair harder.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I wouldn't have thought Slowpoke to be that amazing against miltank... although the immunity to attract is something I guess if it has oblivious, it'd need some Curses first to be able to do much. A fighting type, Gastly for a suicide-Curse or a rock type work better imo.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Back in the old days of Gold, Silver and Crystal, my hardest gym battle was Whitney, but now in Pokemon Soul Silver, it is Claire, Whitney is just very annoying with her Miltank rolling out.

:t354:TG

Back