• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMT for Random Match Up

Nineray

Green Okido
Years
Forrtress Sturdy, Leftovers EV's-252 HP/252 Speed/4 Defense
Spikes (Set up entry hazards)
Toxic Spikes (Same as Spikes)
Rapid Spin (Get rid of Entry hazards)
Volt Switch (Switch out)

Blaziken Speed Boost (Got it from a friend) Leftovers EV's 252 Attack/252 Speed/4 Sp Attack
Swords Dance (Boost Attack)
Hi-Jump Kick (Stab)
Protect (Might Change to Thunder Punch)
Flare Blitz (Stab)
How can i improve my team?

Samurott Torrent No item let EV's 4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
Aqua Tail (Stab)
Night Slash (Coverage)
Megahorn (Grass types and coverage)
Dig (Electric type weakness)

Smeargle Own Tempo Focus Sash EV's 4 HP/252 Defense/252 Speed
Baton Pass (Take a guess)
Shell Smash (Stat Boosting)
Spore (Sleep)
Substitute (Takes damage while im stat boosting)

Torterra OverGrow Leftovers 252 Attack/252 Speed
Wood Hammer (Stab)
Leech Seed (I can damage and restore hp)
Stealth Rocks (More Entry Hazards for when i baton pass to him)
Earthquake (Stab)

Heracross Guts Life Orb 16HP/252 Attack/76 Defense/164 Speed
Megahorn (Stab)
Close Combat (Stab)
Stone Edge (Weakness, Coverage)
Night Slash (Weakness, Coverage)

(If you want to battle me i'll be ready sometime within the next month)

Years
For starters, in tiered macthes which are most battles you'll have here, speed boost Blazekin is banned. So you could replace him with Infernape running:
Naive @ life orb
4sp atk/252atk/252spe
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
This set is great set to use especially in conjunction with Foretress and volt switch of course Infernape isn't to bulky but should be able to make a few switch ins and keep momentum up for you.
Another huge problem is the lack of a dedicated wall, foresters should never run 252Spe ever! So if I suggest
Relaxed @ leftovers
252hp/252sp def/4def
Keep the moveset the same, I prefer to have a specially bulky Forretress cause he already takes hits pretty well even without to much def investment. But you could alternatively add more to def than Sp def if that's what you wanted to do.

I love Heracross, too bad he doesn't stand a chance in most cases due to his speed. You should run an adamant Heracross and slap a choice scarf on that bad boy!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
For starters, never, ever, ever use Speed EVs on Forretress; it's pathetically slow, even with full investment. A Relaxed nature with 252 HP/176 Def/80 SDef or a Sassy nature with 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef are also the preferred spreads; choose which nature/spread suits your fancy.

Samurott is outclassed by loads of stuff in OU, particularly Gyarados:
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake/Bounce
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt/Wacan Berry/Lum Berry

or
-Substitute
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Bounce/Stone Edge
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 56 HP/248 Atk/204 Spe
Item: Leftovers

or
-Dragon Dance
-Taunt
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge
EVs: 176 HP/128 Atk/204 Spe
Ability: Intimidate

or
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Waterfall
-Dragon Tail/Roar
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef

or
-Waterfall
-Dragon Tail
-Taunt
-Thunder Wave
Nature: Impish
EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 Spe

If you want to keep Samurott, a specially-based mixed set is ideal. Dig is terrible competitively; it's way too easy to get around:
-Hydro Pump/Surf
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power (Grass)/Grass Knot
-Megahorn/Superpower
Nature: Naive
EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

Samurott can also pull off Swords Dance quite nicely because it has Megahorn to hit Grass Pokemon hard; Water + Bug have good coverage as well:
-Swords Dance
-Waterfall
-Aqua Jet
-Megahorn
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Leftovers

Smeargle doesn't really need Substitute because whatever was put to sleep by Spore can be used as set-up bait for Shell Smash + Baton Pass. A way to help ensure the pass is more useful than Sub, such as Magic Coat (to reflect status back at the opponent) or Taunt (to prevent setting up altogether). To optimize bulk, this spread is used: 80 HP/96 Def/80 SDef/252 Spe.

Torterra isn't a good Pokemon to use in OU, honestly. Normally, I'd add in Ferrothorn to replace it, but it shares a 4x weakness with Forretress. Forretress can already handle the entry hazard laying, so why not give Breloom or Virizion a shot? Breloom hits harder than Torterra can, while Virizion is faster (Breloom is also faster than Torterra, technically):

Breloom:
-Bulk Up
-Seed Bomb
-Drain Punch
-Spore
Nature: Careful
EVs: 236 HP/212 Def/60 Spe
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal

or
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Focus Punch
-Spore
EVs: 236 HP/56 Atk/216 Def

or
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Focus Punch
-Seed Bomb/Stone Edge/Facade
EVs: 12 HP/244 Atk/252 Spe

or
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Seed
-Mach Punch
-Spore
Item: Leftovers/Life Orb
Ability: Technician

or
-Bullet Seed
-Low Sweep
-Mach Punch
-Stone Edge
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Technician

Virizion:
-Swords Dance
-Leaf Blade
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge/Hidden Power (Ice)
Nature: Jolly/Hasty
Item: Leftovers/Life Orb

or
-Calm Mind
-Giga Drain
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power (Ice/Rock)
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Leftovers

or
-Work Up
-Close Combat
-Giga Drain
-Hidden Power (Ice)/Stone Edge
Nature: Hasty/Naive
EVs: 104 Atk/152 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

or
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Taunt
-Giga Drain/Close Combat
Nature: Timid/Jolly
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Light Clay

Heracross is really better off with max Attack and max Speed; I don't see what purpose your current EV spread serves; it looks random to me. Also, give it Flame Orb or Toxic Orb to readily activate Guts.

Years
For the most part I agree with platinum dude, I was thinking the same with adding Breloom and trashing Samurott. Really what you could use is another wall to sponge attacks, you could use the physically bulky Forretress in conjunction with a

Jellicent
Bold @ leftovers
248HP/216Def/16Spe
-scald
-recover
-Taunt
-will O wisp/toxic

This is one of my favorite pokemon to use competitively this gen, he is just so versatile, access to a fast taunt to stop slower Pokemon from setting up and access to recover is amazing. He is also handy for blocking spinners from removing hazards on your side of the field. Samurott is good but doesn't compare to the beast that is Jellicent.

If you can find a good balance with the above changes you have the potential for a solid team. Happy team building! Also I'll be around to help with the aquisition of Pokemon of you need it. Just PM me.

Nineray

Green Okido
Years
@platinumdude and @windowx I was worried about blaziken thanks for the advice. I will be ditching sammurot and torterra then replacing them with jellicent and Virizion. Il'll try to elaborate more when i get back

Back