• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
Years
Hey, sign me up for another Ultimate challenge, I want to do Bug! This time, though, I'll be starting with Hoenn - for no real reason other than really, really wanting to put Shedinja to use.

Username: Pekin
Type: Bug
Challenge: Ultimate
Games: LeafGreen, SoulSilver, Emerald, Platinum, Black 2

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2014
update 1
Spoiler:

team so far
Marshtomp lvl 22
Poliwag lvl 20
Wingull lvl 20
Staryu lvl 19
my team doesnt have nicknames but when i get to slateport i will name them. also can someone teach me how to add images? i took screenshots i just don't know exactly what to do with them to get them to appear

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
Volt White Grass update

I can't post pics because my SuperCard is being an a**hole, so I won't be posting pics until I fix it. At least I can transfer saves to my official carts, and pics aren't a big deal anyways. :p

I've made very little progress(just one badge), I was still having trouble with Burgh even though my team was mid 40s, he managed to beat both Lilligant and Serperior, leaving Leavanny to beat 4 Pokemon. I saved on Route 4 right in front of the gate to Nimbasa City.

Team:
Spoiler:

qw13

Please do not read this text.
Years
also can someone teach me how to add images? i took screenshots i just don't know exactly what to do with them to get them to appear

Upload your pictures somewhere (I use tinypic, just google it) then copy the adress shown after you upload it. Then paste it here. You can ask if you didn't get it :D Also, there are tutorials.

UPDATE: DRAGON
Spoiler:

DRAGON FINAL TEAM
Spoiler:

Electric is going good, and will get an update soon.
Flying is soooo slow. Maybe not that much but after those 32x and 64x speeds, 4x seems just too slow for me.

Last edited:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Poison Monotype: FireRed
Do you guys know how annoying it is to make it through Rock Tunnel without Flash and relying on pure memory? I actually meant to go and grab it after defeating Surge but forgot (forgot to grab Mr. Mime too, actually) and had to use the walls and trainers to get a vague idea of where everything is. Replaying the game a good 100 times is good for something apparently. Anyhow, now I'm at the Pokemon Tower trying to beat off Team Rocket. Here's hoping a Cubone shows up! Dex reasons, not team. No Rainbow Badge yet. I wanna get Venonat and Tentacool before fighting her.

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
Volt White Grass Update

I have another update, I've been playing a lot more since I got past Burgh.

I've made it to Opelucid and took a break, when I start again, I'll fight Iris. My levels are so high because of Brycen. :)
Team
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2016
I'm going to try and do every type on Kanto. I'll start with Ice.

Username: Happy Smiley Yum Yum
Type: All of them
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Fire Red

Last edited:

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
Grass Update/Electric Signup

I've been a lot more lately since there's nothing else to do, and I'm almost done, so that means I have to think of what monotype I should do next, and think I'll do electric next.

Anyways, I changed SacredGold to Crystal.
I've finished Volt White and I'm halfway through Crystal.
I hated Alder and all of Crystal so far, the 2 gen games are so tough on Grass types. :(
I also hated that I didn't get a Leaf and Sun stone until after beating Clair.

Volt White
Spoiler:

Crystal
Spoiler:

And finally, here is my Electric Signup
Username: WarriorCat
Type: Electric
Game(s): Yellow, Silver, Emerald, Platinum, White 2

I'll update every few days from now on.

Years
I know it has been a long time and no I havent been playing my monotype. Today I am going to start again and I want to change it to an ultimate since I now am able to use an emulator... I will be doing

Leafgreen
Crystal
Emerald
Platinum 6/8
White2

anyway... I'm going to work on it now!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
My computer seems to be giving me issues since my move yesterday, so if I can get it running properly, I'll update the thread later.

In the mean time, I started my bug mono for Johto in Silberne Edition, which is the German version of SoulSilver. After a lot of grinding, I got ledyba to evolve, and managed to defeat Falkner. I chose chikorita so my rival will have a fire starter, like I did with LeafGreen.

For that, I worked on my water mono in blue version, where I managed to defeat Blaine with minimal effort.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2014
Due to my computer being evil and turning itself off due to updates i have lost my save file of expert emerald and will be canceling my challenge of water i have to think about doing it again with another type... or with water again

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Bug Silberne Edition Team:
Spoiler:

Water Blue Version Team:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Yes, I know I still have to finish my Normal UMC, but my White Version isn't working anymore, so until I can get an emulator that'll actually run smoothly on my slow computer like my VBA or I get a copy of Black (which I might be getting on my birthday next week), I'll have to leave it on hold. And...I lost my Pearl Version, so I hope to also get Platinum. Anyway, for now, I'll just tackle another type and cross the bridge of "unable to do anything until I can solve my lack of Gen 4 and Gen 5 games problem" when the time comes.

Username: KoboraX
Type: Bug
Game(s): LeafGreen, Silver, Emerald, Platinum, Black

And luckily, I don't have to start on LeafGreen anymore. I'll start with Emerald first this time around. I've always wanted to see Beautifly's potential since I used Dustox in a nuzlocke run. Anyway, I'll have an update up pretty soon. Sorry about all the rambling...it happens

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
Years
I'm so sorry Necrum that I'm posting about this now, but I have been busy.

My phone broke and when I got the replacement, My Mono-type Challenge files were gone :( So, with that I must withdraw (that is, if you haven't already removed me from the challenge). I have no idea if I will start again, but for now just remove me from the challenge.

Sorry again, especially if this caused you any trouble.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I'm so sorry Necrum that I'm posting about this now, but I have been busy.

My phone broke and when I got the replacement, My Mono-type Challenge files were gone :( So, with that I must withdraw (that is, if you haven't already removed me from the challenge). I have no idea if I will start again, but for now just remove me from the challenge.

Sorry again, especially if this caused you any trouble.
I only remove inactive people if they sign up and then don't post again. Otherwise, I only take people off if they ask to be, which you are. I'll take you off when I update the thread. Sorry to see you go. Hope you come back and do this challenge again!

Years
Got sick of losing to the E4 in Leaf Green so going to start again and play yellow instead so I can get Pinsir and Scyther

Finished Yellow beat them first try

My Team

Venomoth lv 58 (MVP)

Solarbeam
Toxic
Double Team
Psychic

Scyther lv 57

Double Edge
Swords Dance
Wing Attack
Slash