• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Vega Minus

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 3, 2018
I also added some fairy type moves i replaced useless ones that weren't used..
Charming Cry
Play Rough
Moonblast
Drain Kiss
Magic shine in other words dazzling gleam
Fairy Wind

What moves did each of these replace? Does Aurostice get access to Drain Kiss, and does it happen at evolution, or does it happen earlier?
This is huge, thank you so much! I'd love more info on who gets what and when!

Years
Anyone know where I can find the 'late-game' Pokemon that are now found earlier?

Edit: Specifically Grass-types. The earliest game ones outside of the starter from what I remember are Tropius and Jamboree, and I'm interested in neither.

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
I'm considering playing this, but has anyone fixed the puzzle in the Sphere ruins?

Dark

SW-8589-1512-3501
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Started playing with the fairy type moves patch and I'm loving it thanks for all your work guys it's already much better than original

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 22, 2022
hey question with this rom hack everytime i choose any of the starters the game just freezes and i don't know why

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Dec 2, 2018
Can someone please help me, I literally have no idea how to install it.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
There's been a big update to Vega, see the main thread. I also updated Vega Minus at the same time:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/f3aa4c6fcve0str/Vega+Minus+20190206.zip

And here's the Fairy-type version, too:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/km2nvpbfmmkx7dd/Vega+Minus+20190206+-+Fairy+Patch.zip

Thanks man, been wondering if Minus was gonna get the updates the original version had too since I much prefer to play this version. Shame half the pokedex is still locked off till post game overall but ah well.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 15, 2021
Is Vega minus compatible with Mgba?
EDIT Tested it and thank God it's finally working with Mgba!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 11, 2020
So I just patched the new patch and during the first rival battle it freezes when either of us use a damaging move, I use john gba and it worked on the earlier patches, do i need to use a different emulator?

Last edited:

rwbonesy

Dogulus Rift
Years
It seems to work fine when I test it (VBA). It might be incompatible with the emulator you're using.

VBA is an ancient pile of dog doo at this point, I wish people would stop using it.

Does this updated version of the patch work in mGBA?

Years
I've updated the main post with the proper download link. All creds to Akimbo for updating something that wasn't (and isn't) his responsibility - thanks loads if you ever see this, man.

I moved on from romhacking a long time ago, so as I also now mention in the main post, this hack will never be updated again barring any other unforeseen circumstances. Thanks for playing, and for almost 9000 downloads on the last version!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 4, 2023
I think that there's an error with the implementation of the Fairy Type. Steel resistances are not updated up to gen 6 standards (Steel Ressisting Ghost and Dark).

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Game resets itself when you go to battle for the first time for me. Did anyone else experience this?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 3, 2022
Fairy type moves don't seem to work like they should. Used disarming voice against a houndour and it doesn't super effective it. Shame the moves were implemented but the mechanics weren't.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 25, 2024
Fairy type moves don't seem to work like they should. Used disarming voice against a houndour and it doesn't super effective it. Shame the moves were implemented but the mechanics weren't.

Houndour is Dark/Fire. Fairy moves are not very effective against Fire types, so it does 1x damage to it, like it should

Back