• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Colors Tournament, for all your off-beat battling needs!

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Welcome to a new tournament that is actually a classic! This tournament is the Colors Tournament, where you battle with Pokemon that is in your specific chosen color group! So, it's time to lay down the explanation.

Explanation/Format:
1. You must pick a color group from which your entire team will be built from. The colors are Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, White, Pink, Black, Gray, Brown and Purple. This list of Pokemon in each group is located HERE, HERE, PICK ME!
2. As stated earlier, your team must be entirely composed of Pokemon from your color group. So if you pick, say, red, then your team has to be from the red group. Shiny Pokemon count towards their original color group. Sorry, shiny Charizard is still red.
3. Initially, each color will have a limit of people who can pick it. This limit is 3. So if you see that three people have picked yellow, then you cannot pick yellow. EXCEPTION: White, Black and Pink does NOT have to be filled before I up the limit. These colors are sadly lacking in variety so these colors do not have to be filled before I increase the limit. If you're up for a challenge, well, go for it!
4. This tournament will be in swiss format. This means that you will not be booted out upon losing a single match. If you end up losing a match, just try your hardest in all your other matches.

Rules:
1. This is a Wi-Fi tournament. You must have a DS and any gen 5 game to play. If you and your opponent agree to battling on Pokemon Showdown, then go for it. But you must have a team ready to go on your cart in order to play.
2. The battle will be singles, 6 vs 6, open. No wonder launcher please. Your team must be level 100. If you find that you cannot level your Pokemon to 100, you should scour Trade Corner and post in the Quick Trade thread.
3. You may not pick Pokemon that is outside of your chosen color.
4. If you and your opponent are down to your last Pokemon and one of you choose to use Explosion or some other self-KO move and both Pokemon faint, then the person who chose that move is the one who loses.
5. If you disconnect, it is up to you and your opponent how you should treat it, whether it be a rematch or one of you conceding the battle. If you cannot decide, then you will both forfeit the battle.
6. Not required but I highly recommend you save and upload your battles to the GTS, in case of conflicting information about who won and lost.
7. Initial cap on the following colors will be 3 people per color: Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Purple, Brown, Gray.
8. NO HACKING. If you suspect that your opponent is using hacked Pokemon, contact me so I can verify the team. If you are being suspected of using hacked Pokemon, you must trade your entire team to me (or to another hack checker, trade corner hack check thread) so that I can verify that your Pokemon are legit. Hackers will be automatically disqualified. Your team will be returned immediately upon being checked.
9. You may not discuss someone else's team either on a public thread or in VMs/PMs. Anyone caught doing so will be automatically disqualified. Go ahead and talk about your own, if you want.
10. Sign-ups close and battles will begin on December 15th. You have 3 days to get your battles done once match-ups are posted. Failure in completing your battle and not making a reasonable effort to schedule your battle will result in a loss. You may withdraw from the tournament at any time.

Clauses: We follow General Battle rules.
1. Species clause (You cannot pick two or more of the same pokemon on one team. No double Arcanine, thanks.)
2. OHKO clause (No moves that cause an automatic OHKO. Fissure, Sheer Cold, things like that.)
3. Evasion clause (No moves that ups your evasion. Double Team and Minimize are banned.)
4. Moody clause (No one is allowed to have the ability Moody. Smogon almost had to ban Bidoof for it. Now that's just scary.)
5. Sleep clause (You cannot place more than one of your opponent's Pokemon to sleep at one time. Rest doesn't count.)
6. Banned: Drizzle + Swift Swim
More info here.

Reporting wins/losses:
When you report your win or loss, please state what you won or lost by. Example:
Lost 0-2 against Eevee
or something like that.

The color groups: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_color

If you need clarification on anything, feel free to VM me. No PMs please. They irritate the snot out of me when they're less than a paragraph long. I'm also found on the Trade Corner mibbit channel. Channel information Here.

When you're signing up, please state your chosen color and your FC if you already have it. Edit your initial posts upon completion of your battles please, so that it's easier for me to track. Both players must confirm their battle or one of the players must send me their battle video number for it to count.

Winners:
First place will get all 5 prizes
Second place will get to choose three prizes
Third place will get to choose 1 prize.
Participants will get a special prize.

Prizes:
643.png

Reshiram OT: SPR2012
Nature: Timid
Ability: Turboblaze
IVs: 31/11/31/31/31/31
Blue Flare|Fusion Flare|Mist|Draco Meteor

494.png

Victini OT: Kellen
Ability: Victory Star
IVs: 31/30/31/31/31/31
EVs: None, or 4 HP|252 SpA|252 Speed
Incinerate|Confusion|Quick Attack|Endure or Flamethrower|Psychic|Energy Ball|Focus Blast

151.png

Mew OT: FAL2010
Nature: Careful
Ability: Synchronise
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Pound

637.png

Shiny Volcarona OT: GARRET
Ability: Flame Body
IVs: 31/27/31/31/31/31
Silver Wind|Quiver Dance|Heat Wave|Bug Buzz

646.png

Shiny Kyurem OT: Kabutop
Ability: Pressure
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Scary Face|Glaciate|Dragon Pulse|Imprison

Sign-ups:
Red (3/3) CLOSED
Sukisu - 2495 2159 3079
ShadowExcadrill - 1206 0721 8098
scotty_boy - 0347 7960 6043

Blue (3/3) CLOSED
Iloveeevee - 4814 4358 3157
Wiilio - 3869 6625 7226
roosterman - 1979 8164 1100

Green (2/3)
Griffinbane - 2280 4445 8275
NecrumWarrior - 2237 4962 6641

Yellow (1/3)
Kabutopsian - 3483 0355 9991

Purple (2/3)
BlueZoroark - 2624 0660 2952
Berzerk! - 3268 3119 5318

Pink (-)

Brown (2/3)
Luke - 1893 9803 6894
pknight96 - 4728 5758 6469

Black (-)

Gray (0/3)

White (-)
johnny18 - 5115 1880 8422

FINAL STANDINGS
Spoiler:

Matchups
Round 5
Spoiler:

Round 4
Spoiler:

Round 3
Spoiler:

Round 2
Spoiler:

Round 1
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sukisu

Dark Trainer
Years
I would like to join please. And I would like to use the Red color group. My Black 2 FC is 2495 2159 3079 OT name is Lexi.

Won 4-0 against scotty_boy
Loss 0-4 against NecrumWarrior
Loss 0-4 against Kabutopsian
Loss 0-4 against roosterman
Loss 0-4 against Griffinbane

Last edited:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Haha, I'm joining this too. I just needed someone to post before me so I don't break double posting rules. :B

White 2 FC in my siggy.

Record:
Loss to ShadowE 0-2
Loss to Luke 0-5
Loss to johnny18 0-6
Won vs scotty_boy 5-0
Won vs Sukisu 4-0

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I'll be using my White Version 2, with a Green Team.

2237-4962-6641

This will be my first competitive endeavor, so wish me luck!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Sign me up! I'm choosing the blue color group and my FC is my sig (White).

Reactions: EB

Dalek_Kabu

Resident Fossil
Years
PUT MY DANG NAME ON THE LIST

Black 2 FC 3483 0355 9991

i choose YELLOW!!!!

Round 1
----------------------------------------
Lost 2-0 against Berzerk

Round 2
Win 3-0 against Scotty

Round 3
Won 4-0 against Sukisu

Round 4
Lost 5-0 against Wiilio

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
I'm signing up for this danged tourney under the brown color. And I'll edit in my FC later. >:o

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
Sign Me Up with White color, I will be post my FC later

Uppdate with FC
5115-1880-8422

Lost 0 - 6 Against Luke

Last edited:

Berzerk!

Hey, c'mon! Get serious!
Years
Oh boy I must be insane to join even though i have never done competitive battling outside random wi-fi (and if anything is to go by my track record on that, well I got no hope XD)

I'm going to go for purple

B2 FC - 3268 3119 5318

Updated FC
-------------------------------------
Won 2 - 0 Against Kabutopsian
Loss 0 - 3 Against ShadowE
Won 3 - 0 Against iloveeevee
Won Against Luke (Retired)
Won 1 - 0 Against johnny18
6-0
End Result 4 Wins 1 Loss

Last edited:

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
Griffy, I realize that Dec. 15th and Dec. 16th are weekends and I have work during weekend so I cannot participate in this event anymore :(. Can you please cross out my username? (unless you can extend the time for battling)

Last edited:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Aw c'mon Johnny. You know I can. But what's got all 48 hours of the weekend tied up to the point where you can't set aside an hour? (don't answer here) Anyhow, it's just the first battle and just one more that's gonna be on the weekend. I'm keeping you on the list, pfft. :P

/stubborn

Just a reminder to edit in your FC if you haven't yet.

Last edited:

TY

Sign me in for Red... just need to get my FC... darn it i forgot where it was

EDIT: found my FC: 1206 0721 8098

Won 2-0 (or was it 1-0?) against Griffinbane

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2016
Hai!!! :D id like to join as well i will be using Red Team name Scott Fc 2452 3228 0824 (Hey sorry for the inconvenience but i have a new fc Scotty- 0347 7960 6043)

2-0 vs sukisu
3-0 vs Silver -.-
1-0 Griffy
3-0 EV

Last edited:
Back