• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppooookkkkkkk

Banned
Years
capture005.gif

iT'S a Preview of the Bruno bar (Autotiles Will be changed)

capture023.gif

It's a test GIF screenshot (Made from the Paint.net animater Plugin)

capture004x.png

I haven't fixed Chiwittles back sprite yet, Though i have changed the battle Boxes and Grass

capture019.png

capture020.png

Some Additional screens.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Screen from my new RMXP game. ROUTE 1
Edit: I edited it to 1 screen because stated in rules, one screen.

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Your screenshots don't show much original content.
The only ''original content'' is the 4th screenshot, you've mapped a bit. Cool.
The first 2 are clear edits of the intro, the 3rd shows the default pause menu, and the 5th is the default battle system.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
I agree. I edited at erased my intro screens and I only left the 4 screen out now because avatar stated only indivisial screens. The reason i screened the intro, was because it shows what is different about my game..
But I don't see how the 3rd screen was not original. I like the waters reflection... Also, I didn't like how you said I mapped a bit, I actually worked pretty hard on that map..

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I agree. I edited at erased my intro screens and I only left the 4 screen out now because avatar stated only indivisial screens. The reason i screened the intro, was because it shows what is different about my game..
But I don't see how the 3rd screen was not original. I like the waters reflection... Also, I didn't like how you said I mapped a bit, I actually worked pretty hard on that map..

No offence but a map with a few trees, all of which are clashing styles, doesn't seem like a good map to me.

Yes, the water reflection, which was on a ladder/steps.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
I'll change that ledge on the grass.
NintendoDork15: For the clashing trees, I'll change the Route 1 one, but
for the screens I just posted, Its called "Square Garden", Its suppose to have different kinds of trees. Its like a wild life park or something...
Heres a edit of the clashing trees one...

Last edited:

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
You should never use one tile wide pathways. They don't look all that great.
The same (sort of) goes for tall grass. Too much one tile wide tall grass doesn't look great either.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Well, I could choose one sub tree out of all those trees in my screen and only use that as a sub tree...Which one should I choose?
red are sub trees
blue are regular

One of those trees is RSE styled, thus not fitting in, and the other one uses a total different pallette because it's meant for Erika's gym only.

Just keep the big trees.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
As people have said, try to keep your tiles matching - even just one object that looks out of place can ruin a map since it'll stand out like a sore thumb. For paths, remember that they are formed by people walking on them, so when creating them don't just put them willy-nilly, place them on the logical path that people would follow when passing through the area. As well, try to keep the ledges as short as you can, only make them long enough to serve their purpose, but don't go so short that the map stops looking layered and just looks like a bunch of tiny outcroppings.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2013
These are graphics made by me.
Spoiler:

They are not finished yet and i need to improve them. I watched a bit at the b2/w2 graphics when i made them.
What do you think?

*edit*

"SLF" is the Sleep State.
The States for the Player Pokemon are displayed under the healthbar.

*edit*
I have redone a bit and change the buttons now.

Spoiler:

Im not satisfied with the buttons atm and need to work more on them. What do you say?

Last edited:

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Those buttons are nice, but you may want to add some padding on the HP boxes so the text isn't right near the edge.'

Also, I present to you guys an important Auburn screenshot:

auburnfrlg_1.png

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Those buttons are nice, but you may want to add some padding on the HP boxes so the text isn't right near the edge.'

Also, I present to you guys an important Auburn screenshot:

auburnfrlg_1.png

Very Important.

We've got us some first world problems here, guyz!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
pokemon_editor_by_daspirit-d5s8l77.png

A cross-platform tool I programmed in C++ for editing Pokemon in my GameMaker Kit. THIS is what I hope makes people start Game Development rather than ROM Hacking. It's still a WIP though. You cannot save yet (but you can load Pokemon name, description, etc).

Oooh.
This looks good, when it comes out I'll be sure to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back