• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Blazing Inferno (*Fire-Type Fan Club!*)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Welcome to the club, CourageHound. Hope you have a good time!

I agree, most of them are indeed Sweepers. But there are a select few such as Magcargo who are walls, but you wouldn't be able to pull off the Will O Wisp very easily as most Fire-Type walls are slow, especially Magcargo. Plus Will O Wisp does not work AT ALL on Fire-Types.

Flare Blitz. Well of course it is strong. HOWEVER, don't try to forget it's biggest disadvantage!

One third recoil is a big recoil. That is why I don't like Flare Blitz that much.

When I said I dont use it "on" fire types, I meant I dont have my fire types use the move since other types can make use of it better. Cause like you said even defensively specialized fire types have trouble utilizing the move due to their many weaknesses.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
EDIT: Uhh...I was looking at the members list and I noticed that Tepig has has his name displayed Dynamite but my Typhlosion's name (Buster) doesnt show up :(

Spoiler:

I usually steer clear of Flare Blitz because of the recoil.Fire blast has the same amount of power that Flare Blitz has even though it has 25% less accuracy.I have learned(the hard way) that even 1 HP of difference can change the outcome of the battle.

Actually Fire Blast has 15% Accuracy less.

I rely on Fire Blast much more than Flare Blitz. I don't worry if it's got unreliable Accuracy. It isn't as bad as 1 third recoil.

Even so Flare Blitz is a great option(and sometimes a must) for some fire type sweepers, including Entei, Emboar, Infernape and Blaziken. And unlike fireblast, FlareBlitz has reliable accuracy.

EDIT: I dunno i guess I just like flare blitz better

Fire Blast has it's own TM. It can be learnt by many more Pokemon than Flare Blitz.

When I said I dont use it "on" fire types, I meant I dont have my fire types use the move since other types can make use of it better. Cause like you said even defensively specialized fire types have trouble utilizing the move due to their many weaknesses.

I knew what you meant, I was just stating Will O Wisp's Downfall.

CourageHound

Years
Well since we are on the topic of moves, when you see a fire type(of the majority) what do you immediately expect. For some fire types, its to hit hard immediately to inflict massive damage(as previously stated) or to boost their power to aid their rampage. Thinking of a few fire types I believe that's the universal role of most fire types. I wonder what later generations decide to bring to the table when introducing new fire types, their possible niches and general role. Care to discuss?

@Umbr3on ...err sorry if I sound kinda pushy but, now next to Typhlosion is just a tittle tag in plainly visible text

Luna The Absol

Champion of Telea
Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2013
Your Username:Luna the Absol(but I prefer Champion Luna, which was taken)
Partner Pokemon: Pre-evolve=charmander, Evolve 1=Pignite, Evolve 2=Typholshin (can't spell)
Why do you like Fire-Types?:Have you seen their power! Dragons look weak compared. Plus, their pre-evolves are always the cutest :)

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
To suggest a topic; What typing would you like to see for the final evolution of the Fire Starter in Gen 6?

I for one am sick and tired of the Fire/ Fighting typing being rehashed to the point of nausea. Its no secret by now that Charizard is my favorite Pokemon and it would be cool to see another final evolution starter with a Fire/ Flying typing (although, it wouldn't if this new fella naturally learned something like Steel Wing to handle those pesky Rock types).

Then again, it would be nice to have another pure fire type in a final evolution like Typhlosion. It was something of a breath of fresh air to see final evolutions of starters remain pure to their type (such as Serperior or Samurott in the Gen 5 games).

However, if the designers of Gen 6 want to take a new route, it would be rather interesting to see something like Fire/ Steel.

Years
On current topic :
i would like to see a Fire and Ice type.
It would be really cool to teach a fire type Pokemon a ice type move.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
On current topic :
It would probably be something along the lines of Fire/Ground or maybe Fire/Dark but i would really like to see a Fire/Electric type.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I'd like to see Fire/glitch

seriously what be cool type for the final fire starter in 6th gen would be Fire/water taking away their water weakness away.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
seriously what be cool type for the final fire starter in 6th gen would be Fire/water taking away their water weakness away.

Although that would be a totally kickass pokemon its highly unlikely.If a Fire/Water type were to exist it would probably be a legendary.

Blazeferno21

Pokemon Champion
Years
I'd like to join this club.
Username: BlazeFerno21
Partner Pokemon: Charizard and Chimchar.
Why do you like fire-types?:
The Fire Type pokemon are just the coolest. Completely and unbelievably awesome. Always has a decent/good movepool and designs of the pokemon are just badass.
For current topic: I'd like to see a Fire/Grass type starter, which will null it's weaknesses to Ground, Rock and Water.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2015
I want to join this club
username: bl@ze
partner: chimchar and charizard
why i like fire types: i always liked fire types from the very first time i started pokemon games. I dont say that they are invincible but they are very strong. A fire type pokemon is always the head of my team.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
What typing would you like to see for the final evolution of the Fire Starter in Gen 6?
Hmmm. I would have to say Fire/Ice, only because it would be very interesting to see that combo in a Pokemon. The design would be interesting too.

(Sorry for the inactiveness lately, but college got a little hectic. I hope to be more active from now on. :) )

Reactions: EB

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Okay, updated everything, seems like a missed a lot.

Fire-Type Pokemon Of The Month:

November's "Fire-Type Pokemon Of The Month" is now going to start. You have exactly 7 days to send in your vote.

Rules:

-Alt accounts are absolutely NOT allowed.
-You cannot pick Typhlosion as it has been the last Fire-Type Pokemon Of The Month.
-Voting will end at 5:59 PM English Time on the 13th November.
-No protesting or arguing.
-Votes must be sent to me through PM. If someone had done it any other way, their vote will not be counted.

On The Current Topic: Fire/Fire Type! Fire/Flying Type because Fire/Flying is a really good Type combination, and they only used it on Charizard so far. But they really should increase a Fire/Flying Pokemon's Defense by a lot, or else it will easily faint from a Rock-Type Attack.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Answering the topic:'

I want a Fire/Dark to be made because it will be a new typing and its moveset can contain a lot of types of moves such as Fire,Rock,Ground,Grass,Dark,Ghost and maybe even more types.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Hi! Can I join? :D

Your Username: synerjee
Partner Pokemon:
155.gif
637.gif

Why do you like Fire-Types?: They have this certain fiercely elegant feel about them. Just the way I like it. <3
Current topic: What do you think of the changing of fire types over the generations?
I think they're pretty much alright. All fire types are in my good books.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Hi Umbr30n,

I've just been checking my points and I realize that I'm at 105 points. Accoring to the Awards chart, I get to choose another unevolved Pokemon once I've past 50 points. In that case, I'd like to add a Vulpix. Thanks.

CourageHound

Years
Answering the Topic

Some interesting type combos i'd like to see for the next gen would be fire/water or fire/electric. Reason being, i think that opposing/supporting dynamics of those type combos would make for an interesting pokemon not to mention the types together seem to fit. I try to imagine the potential and final product of pokemon in the consideration of type combos.

CourageHound

Years
Answering the topic

:o Entei! My fav legendary beast got buffed alot in 4th gen in the physical special split along with some new moves

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Answering the topic:

For me, its also Entie. It became great afterwards because of the Physical/Special Split and he learned Flare Blitz and Extreme Speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back