• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
Hmm yeah I'm agreeing with Necrum :3! If you're participating you might as well make the thread yourself and its definitely fun organising it! However if you want someone else to do it, I'm sure I could do it if you want <3!

You can do it if you want. Im really not bothered ;-)

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Yeah good point. But I was wondering, do you think this would even become popular?

Brutal truth answer: I really don't think any challenge will be close to as popular as the monotype/solo/favorite/random challenge. You'll most likely have 4 or 5 people join and maybe complete it, but it most likely won't make it. However, those 4 or 5 people will have fun doing a fun challenge, so I say go for it!

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
Brutal truth answer: I really don't think any challenge will be close to as popular as the monotype/solo/favorite/random challenge. You'll most likely have 4 or 5 people join and maybe complete it, but it most likely won't make it. However, those 4 or 5 people will have fun doing a fun challenge, so I say go for it!

Kk thanks for being honest, id rather the truth than lies. ;-)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
It is really sad that more challenges don't really build up steam. I would love to see the Gym Leader challenge be a bigger thing, but as long as it's split by gen I doubt it ever will be. :(

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Hmm I've already made the thread Ryker just waiting for approval! But hopefully it'll rack up a few participants so we'll see how popular it gets. <3

ArcanineIsDaBomb

Arcanine + Golurk
Years
(This is Golurk by the way, not Sophie, so she isn't double posting!)

Okay so I have a new challenge idea, and was hoping for some critique!

The Low Level Challenge

So the basic idea of this challenge is to have really low levels. Seems simple enough, right? (I word things really confusingly, so try not to get confused until I've explained it all!)

Okay, so the challenge doesn't start until you get repels.* Until that point you can't buy pokeballs, and so you can't catch pokemon other than your starter. However, you're going to want to keep your starter low leveled (so picking one super effective against a gym is wise) because here's the catch: When going to catch a pokemon, you must use a repel first. That way, pokemon will only appear if your pokemon are really low leveled, and then you can add them to your team. When catching a pokemon, your highest leveled pokemon must be in front of the party.

And then there will be some "check ups" along the way. So like, at the 3rd gym for this game there's a level cap of __ and at gym 7 there's a level cap of __ with a level cap of 55 or something for the elite four (although it depends on which game)

So that's the basics! What do you think?

*I now realize you don't need repels and could just check to make sure the pokemon's level is lower or equal to your highest pokemon. Oh well! :D

-Golurk

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2013
Hey I've never posted a challenge before I joined this forum and I wanted to see if people wouldn't mind looking at my Purist Challenge and telling me what you think. It's in the general challenge forum and I'd be happy to see some feedback. I don't know if this is what the thread is made for but hey the worst that would happen for something like this I expect is the post being removed so, why not go for broke?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hey I've never posted a challenge before I joined this forum and I wanted to see if people wouldn't mind looking at my Purist Challenge and telling me what you think. It's in the general challenge forum and I'd be happy to see some feedback. I don't know if this is what the thread is made for but hey the worst that would happen for something like this I expect is the post being removed so, why not go for broke?

Don't worry, your challenge got approved, so there's no chance of it getting removed at this point. Your challenge is a bit complicated for my liking, but there are some people that really enjoy that stuff, so I'm sure you'll have some people join in soon.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
omg why is the wedlocke challenge so popular now lmao. Well. I say it's popular, but no one has signed up for it except like one or two people, but there's the active thread, one I accidentally approved cause I forgot the first one, and then another that was waiting on approval today and I was like "omg if it's so popular, why aren't people joining the one that's already up ;;"

Not trying to embarrass anyone, I mean, I'm embarrassed I approved a challenge even though it was already up. I feel bad now. :(

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I like the concept of using "married" Pokemon, just not the idea of combining it with a Nuzlocke. I know there's a "monotype" around here that follows that concept, but even that isn't really what I'd want. I think it would be cooler to use pairs based on Egg Groups.

Also, Solo challenges are REALLY easy. Sometimes there's some difficulty and grinding early, but once you clear like 2 gyms, you are really over leveled. It's fun, but I was hoping for a little more challenge.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
How about a nuzlocke were you have to do it against someone else? would anyone like that?

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I like the concept of using "married" Pokemon, just not the idea of combining it with a Nuzlocke. I know there's a "monotype" around here that follows that concept, but even that isn't really what I'd want. I think it would be cooler to use pairs based on Egg Groups.

Also, Solo challenges are REALLY easy. Sometimes there's some difficulty and grinding early, but once you clear like 2 gyms, you are really over leveled. It's fun, but I was hoping for a little more challenge.

Aye. I'm doing solos for the fully evolved form of every 1st gen family. Started from the top. Went through Pidgeot and Fearow. Brock was hard, the rest was easy, which is saying something, considering they only have Normal/Flying moves.

11wildy

Me!
Years
Sydian, don't feel bad for it, it's not that important :).

As for the Wedlocke, I never actually bothered doing one, sounds like a normal nuzlocke to me.. Just with an extra rule. I prefer my rule of evo=death, made things a bit more interesting at least >;D

I did a few solo runs too, but the only difficult ones throughout the whole game were Delibird and strangely, Infernape, because it was so frail. Even Eevee was easyer after having beaten Brock and being at level idkveryhigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back