• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen One thing from the future.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Imagine you have traveled back in time and you're on the team to create the generation I Pokemon games. Because you are from the year 2013, you know things from gen I to gen V, and you already have certain things in mind you wish had been in gen I just to make it a little less painless. You are allowed to add only one feature from any generations past gen I. What do you add? Removing a feature can also count, but remember, you can only make one change. As this is all hypothetical, you don't have to consider hardware limitations and such, unless you just want to be more realistic. If you choose to not add a future feature, why would you make that choice?

Guest123_x1

One feature I'd want travel back in time to add to Gen. I would be breeding. It'd be nice to get certain Pokémon at lower levels than they are normally available in these games (such as Eevee, which the rival had at level 5 (of course) as his starter in Yellow).

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I'd bring in held items because exp. all was so horrendous in RBY. Yeah, that's right, I trained most of my Pokemon up to level 70 since I was stuck in Fuchsia City and I couldn't find Surf so I couldn't even do the Missingno glitch asdfflhkg;

Years
Shiny Pokemon, even if the graphics may be hard to implement. But at least it would give a realistic chance of getting some shiny Gen 1 legendaries on the GBC

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2013
Perhaps something to make your foes stronger if you happen to be over-leveled.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm going to go with Running Shoes. It'd make playing a lot less tedious, while not changing too much from what we know and love. Just making things a bit faster. :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2013
Actually, to add on to my idea, there should be a "Hard Mode".

It can be triggered on or off (from the Menu), at any time outside of battles:

Hard Mode:
- If your Pokemon is at least 5 levels higher than the other Pokemon, both the damage your Pokemon inflicts and the damage the opposing Pokemon receives are halved.
- If your Pokemon is at least 10 levels higher than the other Pokemon, both the damage your Pokemon inflicts and the damage the opposing Pokemon receives is cut into a third.
- Your Pokemon receive 1.5x the EXP and the player receives twice the cash if these effects are applied during a battle.

Years
My top choice was going to be the running shoes, just since it was so slow to walk around for the first third of the game until you got the bicycle.

But, since that's already been said, I would've loved to have the Vs. Seeker available. It would've given us the opportunity to battle more than just the Elite Four and wild Pokemon once we beat the game, and I feel like that would've given the games a longer shelf life. It was also one of my favorite items in the 3rd and 4th gen, so why they removed it is beyond me. Maybe if it had been in the games since the days of Red and Blue, we wouldn't have to worry about it missing in the current generations.

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2013
a level equalizer in battles against friends would have been nice.

basically, the levels of all pokemon we have become 50 for the battle. so it's (mostly) a fair fight.

otherwise, if my pokemon were level 55 to 70 and my friends' were 20 to 35, it wouldn't be a fair battle.

and even if it were a 5 level difference , it would still put someone at a disadvantage.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
Y'know, actually having a description of the new move you're contemplating teaching your Pokémon. How was I supposed to know that Selfdestruct results in a self-inflicted faint? D:

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2013
Oh, and I really hate the item restrictions in Pokemon Red/Blue.

Oh, so you can have 99 master balls, but you can't have 10 different TM's.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2016
The box system! If your box was full, it wouldn't allow you to catch the Pokemon. It was tedious to remember to change the box, and for a kid, you don't think of things like that until you're trying to capture a legendary. That is what I would change, and it would have made things much more easier.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
It might sound funny, but I love the old games like they are and would never want to change anything. All those drawbacks regarding hardware limitations, all bugs and glitches features, the graphics, yeah compared to the newer gens they are way inferior, but who gives, it's the first gen.

Although it would be interesting to see, how gen 1 was intended to be in the first place (you know, with I think it was 180 Pokemon by the time). Don't know if this counts, though ^^"

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 26, 2018
I finished up a playthrough of Red Version today and something small that I actually found really annoying was having to open my start menu in order to use an HM. Being able to just press A infront of the tree/water/boulder/whatever is an extremely under rated convenience IMO

Berzerk!

Hey, c'mon! Get serious!
Years
I would probably want the convenience of the Select to use key item, It is so annoying having to open your inventory all the time just to use your bike. That and probably running shoes and the ability to run indoors since lets face it, Silph Co was not fun time wise...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Less scary/creepy sprites maybe?
Like really, some of the sprites in Red and Blue are creepy Q.Q

Back