• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters
Years
The thing is, the earliest you can get Eevee is once you've got your first badge.. I think that's a reasonable time to get one really. With the Elemental Stones, it's once you have 3 badges and then again when you have 5 so that means you could have a Flareon/Jolteon/Vaporeon by the time Eevee is level 35-40.
So you changed its location. But the problem is as Eevee cannot learn decent moves being the latter a Normal type I cannot risk it. Also because the game conditions are extra hard.

blue

gucci
Years
So you changed its location. But the problem is as Eevee cannot learn decent moves being the latter a Normal type I cannot risk it. Also because the game conditions are extra hard.

I've added moves to Eevee's Moveset such as Return at Level 9 & Headbutt at Level 16, I didn't want to make it too easy since this hack is supposed to be difficult.

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2012
I beat the elite four, and I found a fe issues with catching all the pokemon
-Charmander isn't on route wherever it says it is(i think someone above had this problem)
-Eevee isn't at slateport (but you can still trade for one @ rustborro and I think there is some in the wild)
-sudowoodo isn't at forrtree (but there is one at the battle frontier)
-the stones are not laid out nicely at lavardige (but you can get 3 at a mart and leaf from some dude by mossdeep)
-The dude who does all the fossils isn't taking any of mine (helix dome and amber)
-(sidenote: the fossils keep reappearing at the moss deep location so idk if that helps you)
-Also the guy at slate port ship place won't take my tickets I got at the frontier
-(sidenote: the tickets don't reappear like the fossils at mossdeep)

I do have a Macbook which is what I believe to be the problem, but I hope not. My friend has expert emerald for the PC and I think he doesn't have these bugs that I do.

blue

gucci
Years
I beat the elite four, and I found a fe issues with catching all the pokemon
-Charmander isn't on route wherever it says it is(i think someone above had this problem)
-Eevee isn't at slateport (but you can still trade for one @ rustborro and I think there is some in the wild)
-sudowoodo isn't at forrtree (but there is one at the battle frontier)
-the stones are not laid out nicely at lavardige (but you can get 3 at a mart and leaf from some dude by mossdeep)
-The dude who does all the fossils isn't taking any of mine (helix dome and amber)
-(sidenote: the fossils keep reappearing at the moss deep location so idk if that helps you)
-Also the guy at slate port ship place won't take my tickets I got at the frontier
-(sidenote: the tickets don't reappear like the fossils at mossdeep)

I do have a Macbook which is what I believe to be the problem, but I hope not. My friend has expert emerald for the PC and I think he doesn't have these bugs that I do.

I've checked over a majority of these and they worked fine for me on the latest release; The only fossils in-game are the Root & Claw which work fine when you take them to the Fossil reviver, the others are wild Pokemon battle scripts so Aerodactyl, Omanyte & Kabuto. Eevee was in Slateport when I went and I was able to capture it, the stones are all in Lavaridge and don't respawn, Sudowoodo is no longer in Fortree City but still in the Battle Frontier and Charmander is still on Route 120 as always. It must be an issue with Mac's because this is only the second time this has happened before.

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2023
I have a mac and I have none of those issues, except one. I think it's impossible for macs to do the Ticket Events, mainly because you have to use the method that's on the first page, and the mac VBA doesn't have those options.

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2012
I have a mac and I have none of those issues, except one. I think it's impossible for macs to do the Ticket Events, mainly because you have to use the method that's on the first page, and the mac VBA doesn't have those options.

I'm curious, what patcher did you use???

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2023
I'm curious, what patcher did you use???

Well it's funny, I don't really use a patcher. The emulator I use is Visual Boy Advance 1.7.6. To play the hack what I do is get the .ips file, then name it the exact name of my rom. So all I do is download the rar, and name the ips file "Pokemon Emerald.ips". So when you play "Pokemon Emerald.GBA", it just recognizes the .ips file, I can't really explain why.

If you do this exactly, then I don't know why it wouldn't work for you.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
Hey Suicune, I noticed some inconsistencies with the "General pokemon changes.doc" and the actual base stats in YAPE. I haven't posted enough to link yet, but if you go to: " i.imgur.com/7NVJL.jpg " you can see the screenshot I took. The picture is of Expert emerald 8.1 opened in YAPE, and the .doc that came with Expert emerald 8.1.rar.

I haven't looked for any other differences and I'm sure your main concern isn't the Changes.doc but I figured it was worth mentioning in case you intended to have different stats than what's in the hack.

Also the Winstrate family on route 111 is missing from the Trainer Data(Teams).doc. Again, I haven't looked for any other missing trainers in the .doc I just happened to notice.

Winstrate's:

Victor: Lv26 Plusle ; Lv26 Minun
Victoria: Lv27 Raticate
Vivi: Lv28 Granbull
Vicky: Lv29 Castform

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Hey Suicune, I noticed some inconsistencies with the "General pokemon changes.doc" and the actual base stats in YAPE. I haven't posted enough to link yet, but if you go to: " i.imgur.com/7NVJL.jpg " you can see the screenshot I took. The picture is of Expert emerald 8.1 opened in YAPE, and the .doc that came with Expert emerald 8.1.rar.

I haven't looked for any other differences and I'm sure your main concern isn't the Changes.doc but I figured it was worth mentioning in case you intended to have different stats than what's in the hack.

Also the Winstrate family on route 111 is missing from the Trainer Data(Teams).doc. Again, I haven't looked for any other missing trainers in the .doc I just happened to notice.

Winstrate's:

Victor: Lv26 Plusle ; Lv26 Minun
Victoria: Lv27 Raticate
Vivi: Lv28 Granbull
Vicky: Lv29 Castform

I think Swellow has been corrected in 8.2 IIRC, Also I've left the Teams Document as it originally was since I editing things I changed a few trainers teams around and I didn't document the changes and theres only a few minor changes, the majority are the same.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
I think Swellow has been corrected in 8.2 IIRC, Also I've left the Teams Document as it originally was since I editing things I changed a few trainers teams around and I didn't document the changes and theres only a few minor changes, the majority are the same.

Alright, thanks for the reply! I didn't even notice the 8.2 release!

I really hate to bother you more, but were there any significant changes in 8.2, or was it just minor stat adjustments and trainer team changes?

Thanks for all your hard work! :D

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2023
When you go against Mom in Meteor Falls, you actually see the Guitarist that's on Route 118. I guess it was just a mismatch, since I remember that after a certain number of rematches with the Guitarist you would reach Mom.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2012
Sorry I am new to Rom patching but I downloaded A "Pokemon emerald Rom, Pokemon expert emerald, and LunarIPS. When i try to patch the Rom it says the patch is not a IPS file. I dont know what im doing wrong. Help!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
Sorry I am new to Rom patching but I downloaded A "Pokemon emerald Rom, Pokemon expert emerald, and LunarIPS. When i try to patch the Rom it says the patch is not a IPS file. I dont know what im doing wrong. Help!

Did you unzip/extract the expert emerald .rar file?

Years
When you go against Mom in Meteor Falls, you actually see the Guitarist that's on Route 118. I guess it was just a mismatch, since I remember that after a certain number of rematches with the Guitarist you would reach Mom.
I did not know you can battle your Mom in meteor Falls. or are you saying that name for Steven's?

Back