• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark nodded. "Right! We just gotta watch ourselves around the Academy. Officials are looking around for them anyways. Most of them being Gym Leaders. I'm sure they got this in the bag." Mark said. Little did he know a couple grunts had actually been following him in secret. A certain Pokemon in particular caught their interest immediately. His Porygon. They were just waiting for the perfect chance to strike. Snype seemed suspicious already and looked around.

"Hey, at least your lifes been exciting! Battling pirates? That sounds pretty cool... other then the risks involved... still! At least it sounds both our lives have been somewhat exciting. Heck my days in the Academy have been a heck of an adventure!" Mark said.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

"Ah, I never actually battled any pirates myself," Sammy admitted. "This was way before I met Corphish, so I didn't have any Pokemon of my own. I stayed with the passengers while the crew took care of it with their Pokemon, not that I didn't try and get out. I caused my Pops all sorts of problems. I've already had more crazy stuff happen to me here than I ever did out at sea! Haunted dorms, catching Pokemon, battles, climbing volcano's, running for my life. Nobody could ever say you're boring if this sort of stuff always happens around you Mark, that's for sure."

Corphish was as on guard as ever, but didn't seem to have picked up on any unusual vibes. In his defense, it was difficult to look around you and observe your surroundings without a neck to turn your head with.

"Still, it'll be good to get back and change at least. I'm not dressed for the weather, and I'm all... volcano-y."​

Megaman765

Years
"Haha, aw thanks. Believe me we'd be here all day if I talked about all of the stuff that's happened to me at the academy. It can be dangerous if your not prepared! But of course, Pokemon in general can be dangerous when your not careful. But we both know that already so no point in saying it." Mark said with a shrug. Commodore was still floating by Mark's side after the whole Trick Room scene, looking around similar to Snype. Snype seemed to have his eyes on something.

"Still, you've been alot of fun to hang out with! I know I can be a real piece of work but I hope your enjoying yourself somewhat." Mark said with a smile.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

"Hey, I'm having a great day. I mean, aside from losing the battle it's been pretty good. Cubone learned a new move thanks to you and I caught a Ponyta. Once that baby evolves into a Rapidash I'll be riding around the island in style!" She laughed. "And it brings me one step closer to beating you, too. Now I have a Pokemon on my team that Able is weak against," she grinned.

All she needed now were two more Pokemon and she'd have a full team of six - ready to take on anything that came her way. Not even Mark would be able to beat her then. She was going to have to figure out a way to deal with that Porygon 2 though, that was bound to be one tricky Pokemon. And Snype fought in a fairly underhanded way too... she was never going to be able to out-trick the tricksters, so maybe power was the way to go.​

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Oak Town

Shawn smiled at Amy's position to protect her sister. In the back of his mind, he wished someone cared for him like that. He shook the memory away and faced Amy once more. "You can try to protect her all you want. In the end, though, if Holly trusts him, then that's all that matters." As he looked in the distance, where Chase was looking as well, he saw someone that looked like Holly heading towards them.

"Since she seems to be on her way, why don't you ask her what she thinks?" he asked of the fiery blonde in front of them, "I can't vouch for the guy, since I hardly know him, but she will. If you'll listen, that is..." He stood, trying not to cause trouble. Why is it so hard for people to actually listen instead of acting impetuously?

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Megaman765

Years
Mark raised a brow at Sammys mention to having something Able would be weak against. He turned to Sammy and gave a playful nudge. "Ohhh! Haha. So that's what your doing huh? Trying to get Pokemon that can take mine on huh? Once we get to the Power Plant you'll have something for Len then? Hehe" Mark teased. "Well hey! I'll be ready for sure then! I don't plan on changing my team up too much! Type weaknesses aren't the only thing I have to worry about with my team." He said with a wink, and a subtle hint to how his team played out.

He was looking forward to the day Sammy would challenge him again. Who knows? She might turn into a hell of a trainer! Still, Mark liked to be a jokester about these sorts of things. Maybe it'd inspire her to work harder toward the goal.

Snype caught sight of something moving not too far... hmm...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

"It's not all about you y'know Mark," she nudged him back,"I'm not getting Pokemon to handle your team, I'm just using your team as an example. I looked at your team and the things that would help me take it down. Once I've crushed you into the dust, I'll look at someone elses team and do the same. And yeah, maybe I do need an Electric type, but that doesn't mean it's specifically to take down your Poliwrath. Jeez, talk about a big head," she smirked playfully and rolled her eyes.

But now she had a Water type, that would eventually evolve to give her the Dark type as well. Cubone covered Ground while Shuppet gave her a Ghost type. Now with Ponyta she had the Fire type as well, which just left her... twelve!? Twelve types to go!? How was she supposed to squeeze seventeen types of Pokemon into a six-Pokemon team anyway?

Mark seemed fairly set on hitting up the Power Plant today anyway, so maybe she could catch an Electric type and bring it down to eleven. It was going to be a long time before she had this Pokemon Trainer thing mastered.​

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Conor Crawford || Class --> Practical Battling

"Hopefully he's trying to convince him to close the window" Iny said Stuttering Fiercely due to the cold. "Heh, you do know that ah … the window's closed right?" Conor replied pointing to the window.

"So your name's Iny then. That's a nice name by the way, and judging by the way you're shivering I can tell you're not used to the cold weather". Conor added as he lounged back in his chair and looked over towards Iny.

Conor noticed in front of Iny the Pokémon book which she was using to study Ralts. "Ah Ralts, you're gonna be a tough one to train. I just wish I knew how to help you" he thought to himself, it was then he suddenly realised he hadn't seen Poli since the dorm incident. He quickly grabbed his belt to make sure his Poke ball was still there, and it was. A huge sigh of relief came over Conor as he raised his head up and breathed out deeply.

Megaman765

Years
Mark chuckled. "Ah of course its all about me! I'm like, the center of the academy I'm so important! Everybody has to talk about Mark Wilson! Super trainer! Haha..." He said, sarcastic in his response. "Haha, don't worry was just teasing you! Of course! It's important to have a team that's ready for any circumstances. No matter how I build my team though, there always seems to be a weakness. Guess not everything can be perfect. I wonder what weaknesses the professional trainers have to go through..." Mark wondered.

There was a bit of rustling nearby. Mark heard it too. He stopped a moment and looked toward where he heard the noise. It was probably a wild Pokemon.

"... Huh... you hear that...?" Mark wondered. Before Mark could react further, two Venomoth jumped up from the bushes and used Super Sonic on the group, mostly aiming toward Mark and Sammy to get them confused and distracted from Team Rocket. Mark's mind ended up getting all jumbled up as he clenched his head and started swatting in the air.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

Sammy yelled out and clapped her hands over her ears, squeezing her eyes shut and trying to block out the piercing sound from the Venomoth. What was happening? Were these wild Venomoth? Her sense of balance and direction became confused, sending her falling to the ground. She couldn't think straight through that awful noise, otherwise she might have had the sense to reach for the pokeballs clipped to her belt.

Corphish being much lower to the ground than either of the humans or any of the other Pokemon had evaded the two Supersonics, which had been aimed at the Trainers far above his head. He directed both claws at the Venomoth pair, launching a BubbleBeam stream at each one. Whatever was happening Corphish wasn't going to take it lying down.

"Back off The Coop, back off!"

Megaman765

Years
Mark kept on swatting the air aimlessly as his mind got jumbled up. Snype quickly got in position to fight while Commodore immediately flew up to the Venomoth's and used Discharge on the two Venomoth, trying to keep his distance so Snype wouldn't and Corpish wouldn't get into the blast Radius. It did a good amount of damage, even though they weren't flying types (For some stupid reason). The Venemoth didn't fight back though. They were focused on keeping the trainers confused and jumbling their minds, so they kept persisting with their Supersonic sound. Mark ended up falling down near near Sammy, crouched up and wanting so badly for the noise to go away.

To top it off, two Gloom showed up! And two humans dressed in black with large Red R's on their outfits appeared as well. The Gloom used Stun Spore on the group to keep them all in place. Snype used Detect to avoid the Stun Spore, however Commodre wasn't so lucky as he ended up getting Paralyzed. Mark couldn't even feel his muscles anymore.

"So your the kid with the Porygon... how convenient. Keheh." One grunt said. Snype went after the Glooms and got to fighting however he could.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

Sammy continued to writhe around on the ground, groaning through gritted teeth and unable to do anything of use. She wasn't even fully aware of what was happening beyond the fact that something awful was going on.

Corphish was able to use Protect to defend himself against the Stun Spore before resuming his BubbleBeam barrage on both Venomoth while Snype went after the Gloom. Fortunately BubbleBeam was a move that could hit two enemies at once, and it was best for Corphish to avoid the Gloom anyway. As Grass types they'd be able to take him down in a heartbeat if they got the chance, but the sneaky Snype was a rare Pokemon - one with no weaknesses whatsoever!

"Yah chumps, yah dirty rotten punks, yah no good lowlife scum! Ain't nobody, ain't nobody I tells yah, layin' their mitts on The Coop!"

Megaman765

Years
The two Grunts watched the Pokemon fight. As they did they started to make their move. The Venomoth's were hit by the Bubblebeam and were indeed getting weaker. They hit the trainers with SuperSonic more then enough times so they decided to hit Corphish with a good dose of confusion. One of the grunts even stepped in and gave the Crab a good hard kick!

"Quit makin noise down there!" He said.

Snype continued his combat with the two Glooms. A completely unfair fight at that. While Snype had the endurnce, these Gloom were trained to be ruthless with their own cheap tricks. Snype used Sucker Punch on one of the Glooms, but the second one quickly used Sleep Powder on him which quickly got him dizzy and slowly drifting to sleep.

Commodore, despite being paralyzed still had some fight in him. He fired a Signal Beam toward one of the Gloom, causing a direct hit.

The two grunts meanwhile crouched down to the trainers. Each grunt began to search them, going through wherever their pockets, bags, and anywhere else they might have stored their belongings searching for the right Pokeball as well as taking a bit of cash on the side for their hard work.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

Corphish was punted a short distance by one of the Team Rocket grunts, and then smacked himself in the face with his claw in his confusion. Somewhere deep in the reccesses of his mind he made a mental note to do very unpleasant things to that human as soon as he got a chance.

Sammy wasn't in any position to put up much of a fight against the grunt - probably fortunately for him. She had little of real value on her beyond some cash. Fortunately her belt was security locked, any attempt to steal the pokeballs magnetically sealed there would be extremely difficult, and likely result in releasing a very angry Pokemon. If the grunts were too over zealous in their larceny they'd find the fight less clearly in their favour, although they would be in for any real bad luck if they accidentally released Shuppet. Cubone was still unlikely to fight and Ponyta was injured - though judging by the earlier encounter that was unlikely to stop it from going on a rampage against the grunts.​

Megaman765

Years
The grunt searching and patting down Sammy tried to take the Luxury Ball on her belt but they were magnetically attached to it with some sort of security. The grunt tried pulling off the whole belt but had no luck with that either. He was hardly being gentle about it as he attempted to pull hard on it and force the belt off. The other grunt was having it easy though and soon found Commodore's Pokeball inside of Mark's bag. He didn't have any security devices since he wasn't so paranoid of people stealing his Pokemon. Of course, Mark never expected Team Rocket to be on the island anyways!

Commodore fired another signal beam at the second gloom causing it to faint. He was the only Pokemon still in commission. The grunt leaned down to Mark and grabbed Mark by the throat. "Tell your Pokemon to stop attacking, and you'll get your Oxygen back." He threatened. They were ordered just to get the Porygon and be quick about it. Anything else was extra but Mark had to be the one to put Commodore back in his ball. Complicated Pokemon tech and such.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

Corphish managed to get his wits together long enough to fire another set of BubbleBeams at the Venomoth's, but then managed to run face first into a tree. Not a very heroic move, but his heart was in the right place even if his face wasn't.

When the Team Rocket Grunt tried to take Sammy's Luxury Ball it sprang open, releasing her Shuppet into the chaos. As much as Sammy had bemoaned at the time using her expensive Luxury Ball on Shuppet, she would have been glad that its allure had drawn the Grunts attention if she could think straight. The Ghost type took a quick look around the battlefield, silent and expressionless, before turning on the remaining Gloom and firing a jagged red and purple beam of energy from the top of its horn - a Nightshade attack. Whether it was concerned about Sammy, defending itself or just joining in the madness wasn't obvious, but it was a complication the Rocket Grunts didn't need.

The belt itself was extremely difficult to remove, but not impossible.​

Megaman765

Years
The grunt had accidentally released a Shuppet out of its ball. At first it he was worried the Pokemon would attack him but it seemed to be focused on the Glooms instead which gave him a sigh of relief. He continued his focus on removing the girls belt and force it off of her pants. He did whatever he could to loosen it. He noticed the lock on the belt and started to pick at it, tugging it as he tried to at least break the lock. He took out his Pocket Knife and tried to cut the lock or if that didn't work, cut the belt into two and take the whole thing before things got nasty.

Mark meanwhile was being threatened to get killed. He didn't have much choice in the matter. Commodore turned toward the Grunt and was about to fire at him.

"C-commodore... cease...!" Mark said. Commodore glared at the grunt furiously wanting to fire at him. He could easily save Mark but the other Grunt glared back at Commodore and showed his little Pocket Knife. Commodore didn't really have much choice in the matter and ceased fire.

The Grunt quickly returned Commodore back to its Pokeball and placed it in his Pocket along with the bits of change he got from Mark.

The other Gloom was hit by the Shuppets Night Shade attack and ended up fainting to the hit. The two Venomoth were also hit and started showing weakness. They were already done here though. They got the Porygon. Anything else was just extra.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

The lock of Sammy's security enabled belt snapped under the Team Rocket Grunts constant abuse, making it easy to remove along with Cubone and Ponyta's pokeballs. Sammy was starting to come around, but knew better than to try and disarm the Grunt from her current position. He had size, strength, reach, leverage and a weapon. Corphish smacked himself into the tree again, still confused by the Venomoth's attacks.

Shuppet turned his attention to the two remaining Venomoth, firing another Nightshade at the closest one. His motivations remained a mystery. Was he attacking the Pokemon because he knew without them, the Team Rocket Grunts would be easy prey to him? Was he just enjoying the fight against other Pokemon? Was he avoiding the Grunts because they had the two Trainers at their mercy? It was impossible to tell, but he remained silent even during his attacks, staring at his targets with his wide, eerie eyes.​

Megaman765

Years
The belts security snapped finally from the abuse and the Grunt harshly pulled the entire belt right off of her. He looked down at the girl with a smirk. "Thanks for the Pokemon cute stuff." The grunt taunted as he kicked her side as soon as he got on his feet. Mark also got kicked on the side as well, in immense pain from the paralysis. They had to get moving though before officials found out. The two grunts quickly ran taking Commodore's ball and Sammy's belt. Mark was too dazed to do anything and the Paralysis didn't help either. The grunts returned their Pokemon as well and quickly made a dash for it.

Mark ended up falling unconscious. This wasn't how he planned for this day to go at all... he cursed his bad luck. He felt Sammy would hate him for all that happened this trip but he couldn't exactly predict Team Rocket to target him! He had to find them... otherwise he'd lose Commodore forever... he wasn't going to take that!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

Sammy grunted as she got kicked, rolling onto her side and only able to watch as the Team Rocket goons made their escape with Commodore and her belt. Her newly captured Ponyta, but more importantly, Cubone... that little Pokemon had gone through too much to become a Team Rocket pawn now. He'd never survive with them, she had to do something!

While Mark fell unconscious Sammy lay there, trying to flex life back into her muscles one by one. It was excruciating, but neither of her Pokemon had hands to work the medecinal sprays in her bag, so her only option was to fight through it. Corphish eventually managed to get himself under control and hurried to her side, while Shuppet simply floated there and watched. Neither Pokemon could do much to help her, this was her battle. Gradually life started to return to her body and she was able to roll onto her stomach. After what felt like hours she pushed herself onto her hands and knees, sweat dripping off of her as she panted for breath. Every second she and Mark lay here was further the Rockets were able to flee. If only they hadn't taken Ponyta she might have been able to convince the Pokemon to let her ride it after them, but that was no guarantee. And it wasn't how things had worked out anyway. She had to focus on reality.

"Corfith," she spluttered out, working sensation back into her mouth, "waketh Thypthe."

Fortunately her Corphish was able to understand her mangled speech, scuttling over to the sleeping Sableye and nudging him with his claw.

"Get up, GET UP I TELLS YA! We got a situation here, a situation!"

Back