• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
NCIS is ok. My family is obsessed with it. Ive seen it some and it's an alright show, but I prefer Law and Order SVU where crime/cop shows are concerned.

Ewwww. Sorry but Law & Order is one of those depressing "I don't know how to smile" crime/drama shows. There are hundreds of those and they all put me down cause like, lern2smilejeez.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Whereas I find being creepy hilarious.

But i'm pretty much a complete weirdo.

Ah well, I think I shall also be off to bed, as its 5am. G'night DCC! See you uh... friday, i think.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Ewwww. Sorry but Law & Order is one of those depressing "I don't know how to smile" crime/drama shows. There are hundreds of those and they all put me down cause like, lern2smilejeez.
Do you...mean that the stories are too heavy or that no one seems to smile in the show? Cause all the Law and Order shows have had some pretty well rounded casts. The early years of the show and pretty much anything with Vincent D'Onofrio are awesome. (Detective Goren is just about the most confusing and fun character out there)

Sir Codin

Ugh. I hate all those drama crime shows. My parents always hogged the TV from me to watch them whenever I wanted to play video games after finishing homework.

@Tattoo topic earlier:

I don't mind people getting tattoos, but the only way I'll ever get them is if they give you special powers.

Last edited:

Echidna

Years
Do you...mean that the stories are too heavy or that no one seems to smile in the show? Cause all the Law and Order shows have had some pretty well rounded casts. The early years of the show and pretty much anything with Vincent D'Onofrio are awesome. (Detective Goren is just about the most confusing and fun character out there)

What I mean is that every time I see a L&O episode, from any of the spin-offs, sub-series, or the main series, I feel like shooting myself. They're so depressing and sad. Not to mention that they're basically similar to all crime-drama shows ever. Personally I dislike NBC crime shows.

CBS on the other hand, alongside USA Network, have done spectacular jobs with crime tv shows! They give them personality, character, a lot of "Umph" if you will ;p

Crux

Evermore
Years
You shoulda known droomph. X)
She hates people acting like that towards her on the internet, have some respect!

I swear, i'm a crime drama junkie.
CSI, CSI Miami, CSI Vegas, NCIS, Law & Order, White Collar, Lie To Me, Hawaii Five-O, Life, Criminal Minds, Bones, Murder, She Wrote, Matlock, Perry Mason, should I go on?
Maybe I watch/read to much crime drama/mystery...

@Toujours:
But, but, Abby and Gibbs are the coolest characters!

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
What I mean is that every time I see a L&O episode, from any of the spin-offs, sub-series, or the main series, I feel like shooting myself. They're so depressing and sad. Not to mention that they're basically similar to all crime-drama shows ever. Personally I dislike NBC crime shows.

CBS on the other hand, alongside USA Network, have done spectacular jobs with crime tv shows! They give them personality, character, a lot of "Umph" if you will ;p
That's just going to go along with the subject matter and the way the shows carry themselves. I think they have to walk this fine line between dramatic and over the top - which is why I don't like any of the CSI shows, they always struck me as over the top.

I do love USA shows though! Most of the time. My favorite is Royal Pains, and I think White Collar was a pretty good show in its first two seasons and now it just sort of disappoints me whenever I watch.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I think she's pretty cute.... :c

Yeah people seem to like that look. I really can't imagine why.

She hates people acting like that towards her on the internet, have some respect!

CSI, CSI Miami, CSI Vegas, NCIS, Law & Order, White Collar, Lie To Me, Hawaii Five-O, Life, Criminal Minds, Bones, Murder, She Wrote, Matlock, Perry Mason, should I go on?

@Toujours:

Disagree. Abby pushes all my buttons, especially the "LOOK AT ME I'M SO ~~~QUIRKY~~~" one. Tbh I don't even know any of the other characters...XD Like I would probably be able to recognize them but not name any of them lmao.

Echidna

Years

@Toujours:
NCIS, Hawaii Five-O, White Collar.
We can be friends :p
That's just going to go along with the subject matter and the way the shows carry themselves. I think they have to walk this fine line between dramatic and over the top - which is why I don't like any of the CSI shows, they always struck me as over the top.

I do love USA shows though! Most of the time. My favorite is Royal Pains, and I think White Collar was a pretty good show in its first two seasons and now it just sort of disappoints me whenever I watch.
USA Network shows. Burn Notice. White Collar.
Their god damn slogan is Characters Welcome. I mean...
Why does White Collar disappoint you again? ;-;

Crux

Evermore
Years
@Toujours:
Psh, you're just jelly!

@Dipu:
Yeah, i'm a sucker for the Goth/Punk Rock Girl too. :s

@Pedro:
Burn Notice?
Yes. Yes we can.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
@Toujours:
Psh, you're just jelly!

@Dipu:
Yeah, i'm a sucker for the Goth/Punk Rock Girl too. :s

@Pedro:
Burn Notice?
Yes. Yes we can.

You know me :P I think part of the thing that bothers me though is Abby is supposed to be like a super-genius with 4 degrees or something, right? And in her 20s. Her actress actually is like Abby with the degrees and genius, but it took her well into her 40s to do all that. It's like, being amazing and smart wasn't good enough for the writers, they had to write her as 20 years younger too. XDX;

Crux

Evermore
Years
@TF:
Elementary is fantastic!
And that's coming from somebody who's practically a Sherlock Holmes puritan.

@Toujours:
There actually are people out there that are super genius' like that, albeit very few.
If anything that'd make me like her character even more, the fact that the actress is actually so intelligent, but I can see you point.

Okay, i'm gonna go before I try to start a Sherlock Holmes conversation. .-.

Years
How about Elementary? That's a good one. But CSI, Criminal Minds and Law & Order are all really good.

I've heard of all those shows, in fact Elementary only started airing on Australian TV in February.

However I'm not all that a sucker for crime shows. It's just not my genre. I did watch some of Law & Order in the past though, but only the intro lol.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Specifically crime shows, haha...

I loooved Law and Order SVU for so long. But then one season everything changed and all my favorite people left or scaled back their appearances so I was like "what's the point???" and stopped watching.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Well since the DCC has been dead for a few hours... what do you guys think about dying your hair? I've only done it a few times and now that I'm like 50% gray I cbf doing it. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back