• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
Spoiler:

Well, how do you drive off Famine? I beat Alicia and the elder still won't let me go up where you come out through Frigid Way. Glitch, do I have to do something, or walk thru walls?

Ragnia

Hello
Years
Tcoppy:I just got the new patch, I went straight into the gym in pacifilog, fought all the guys but esau is not there and there is this mirror thing in the gym I have no clue what it does,help.

OMG Theres a new patch?!?!
Oh and you don't go up the frigid pass you go down it. There should be a lot of monks but eventually you'll find the monestary.

Last edited:

toastier

da bomb. :)
Years
-bashes out brains-
where do i find a pokemon that can learn surf? ackkkkkkkkkkkkk! i've found the man with the magikarp, and the surf HM, and i've beaten the girl with the balancebadge. but now i can't find a pokemon that learns surf! the magikarp can't, and neither can a wingull. D:

toastier

Years
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! i never thought that! x.x;; i was thinking water pokemon cuz i only think of obvious stuff. hahahahahah thank youu soo much!

also, what does a mysteryegg do? does it evolve into hyperegg?

Last edited by a moderator:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! i never thought that! x.x;; i was thinking water pokemon cuz i only think of obvious stuff. hahahahahah thank youu soo much!
You do realize you could just take some time to train Magikarp to Lvl 20 and have him become a Gyrados that can learn Surf...

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
IMPORTANT

The latest version of Pokémon Snakewood is in total recall after a massive bug was discovered. You may still play it - but do not enter the Abandoned Mines if you value your progress in the game so far. I need to make some serious fixings to certain events before it's safe. For more details, see the main post.

I have removed the download for the time being. Sorry about the inconvenience. I promise that I shall post a mended edition on Wednesday the 15th of December, or Thursday the 16th at the very latest. You have my permission to nail my head to a park bench if I fail to do this. (Actually, you don't.)

I just got the new patch, I went straight into the gym in pacifilog, fought all the guys but esau is not there and there is this mirror thing in the gym I have no clue what it does,help.

This is my master puzzle, the hardest so far. Once all the sages have been defeated (they're a reference, by the way) the mirror activates - but that's where the real puzzle begins. I know that a lot of people are going to get very, very stuck here, so I'm going to add a hint in a spoiler box:

Spoiler:

also, what does a mysteryegg do? does it evolve into hyperegg?

Mysteryegg is an egg, who evolves into an egg, who evolves into an egg - which can be made to hatch when exposed to certain forms of radiation.

Last edited:

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Esau is from the bible, genesis chapter twenty five!I can't beleive I never figured that out, and I read thousands of bible stories and the bible,includeing the one with Esau and Jacob.
Edit: Cuterline,can you give me the answer, I still can't solve it.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Good thing I dont gotta worry about it. I dont think Im anywhere near the mines right now. I restarted and Im currently at the Sage's area. I also caught 4 Shaderu from those Island of Calm traps! XD

Raaxon

Sephiroth never stood a chance
Years
Cutlerine, I have a complaint. There are no Electric or Fire types near the start of the game. The earliest Electric type is, I think, Magnemite and the earliest Fire type is Slugma. Can't you put some more near the start of the game? I mean, there's two of most other common types (Magikarp/Wingull for water, Seedot/Shroomish for Grass, Wingull/Tailow for Flying)... Can't you put in like, Pikachu or Shinx in near the start? And maybe a fire type SOMEWHERE near the beginning... Even if you have to steal it from someone...

Ragnia

Hello
Years
.................AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...........................
I must've read chapter 25 of the genesis 20 times and i've still got nothing.
Cutlerine I hate you!!! (Not really i love you for making this amazing hack).
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Raaxon

Years
.................AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...........................
I must've read chapter 25 of the genesis 20 times and i've still got nothing.
Cutlerine I hate you!!! (Not really i love you for making this amazing hack).
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Post Genesis 25 for me. I'm nowhere near there, but I might be able to help.

Ragnia

Hello
Years
Since it is pretty long i'll just post the part involving Esau

And when her days to be delivered were fulfilled, behold, there were twins in her womb.
25 And the first came out red, all over like an hairy garment; and they called his name Esau.
26 And after that came his brother out, and his hand took hold on Esau's heel; and his name was called Jacob: and Isaac was threescore years old when she bare them.
27 And the boys grew: and Esau was a cunning hunter, a man of the field; and Jacob was a plain man, dwelling in tents.
28 And Isaac loved Esau, because he did eat of his venison: but Rebekah loved Jacob.
29 And Jacob sod pottage: and Esau came from the field, and he was faint:
30 And Esau said to Jacob, Feed me, I pray thee, with that same red pottage; for I am faint: therefore was his name called Edom.
31 And Jacob said, Sell me this day thy birthright.
32 And Esau said, Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me?
33 And Jacob said, Swear to me this day; and he sware unto him: and he sold his birthright unto Jacob.
34 Then Jacob gave Esau bread and pottage of lentiles; and he did eat and drink, and rose up, and went his way: thus Esau despised his birthright.

The choices of what to do when talking to the mirror are:
Spoiler:

Any help is greatly apreciated. Thanks!

Raaxon

Years
Hmm... There's nothing else? Sounds to me like you need to give something to the mirror. Something food based. This item "Some Teeth"... Have you tried taking them to the Meatfather? Maybe he'll give you something food-based, then take it back to the mirror and offer it?

Ragnia

Hello
Years
Well the 'Some Teeth' item is a hold item that increases critical hit ratio. SO that's doubtful but I'll try it.
This gonna sound really sad but um... where exactly is the meatfather again?

toastier

Years
i found a small glitch with the Dewford Gym. when Haruko (sp?) uses her Luxray, and it uses Bulk Up, the Luxray turns giant and moves underneath your HP bar, and then shrinks back to normal size.
also, when the new update comes out, how do i apply it without losing all of my old data? i'm running VBA version 1.7.2.

Back