• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who do you use the Master Balls on?

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I just used my master ball today. Like I promised myself, for a shiny Pokemon, and caught one today. A shiny Mienfoo.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Only on roaming Pokemon, if there arent any then I trade it to another game. Or maybe on a Legendary I just can not catch.

lazy~

World's Laziest Trainer...
Years
I use it on any legendary who becomes a real pain to catch, although I do remember using it on a Graveler in the original gold back when I was a noob.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I use them on the Pokémon that I generally consider to be the hardest to catch.

RBY: Mewtwo, definitely.
GSC: Lugia or Ho-oh, whichever is higher leveled. I'd consider the dogs, but I enjoy the chase, and Fast Balls are a good alternative anyway.
RSE: The version mascot. Same reasoning for not using it on the roamers.
DPPt: Cresselia or Mesprit. The version mascots are easy enough to catch IMO.
BW: Tornadus/Thunderus. Same reasoning as above.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
As many people before me said, I use my Master Balls on roamers just because I can't be bothered weakening them, and chasing all around the region them.

SchwarzRozen

Sugary Delight
Years
I haven't used a masterball sense the days of Ruby and Saphire
I started to learn how to catch the roamers without a masterball, and I was well off

I save it for things such as Shiny Abra or Shiny Exploders.

Muani

miau
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
It is always easy to catch the 'main' legendary [e.g rayquaza, zekrom, palkia, dialga] with Ultra Ball.

I will use a Master Ball on the Pokemon that runs all over the region, like Latias/Latios. Only if I cannot get it with an Ultra Ball first. Sometimes, I end up not using my Master Ball!

Guy

just a guy
Years
I honestly can't recall the last time I used my Master Ball. When I first started playing Pokémon, I always used it on the game mascots. When I finally got some sense, I started to use it on the the running Pokémon. Now, I barely ever use it at all. I use other techniques to catch free roaming Pokémon and the mascots are pretty easy to catch using Ultra Balls.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I no longer use Master Balls, there's no challenge if you use them (yes, I'm weird) and they don't even look that great to be honest.

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
FireRed: Suicune
Crystal: Raikou
Platinum: Zapdos
SoulSilver: Latios
Emerald: Latios
White: Thundurus
Black 2: Kyurem

As you can see, I mainly use it for roaming pokemon.
But in B2 I used it on Kyurem, because I had no choice.
It was extremely hard to catch.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Yellow: Mewtwo
Silver: A roaming legendary, can't remember which.
Sapphire: Kyogre
Diamond: Giratina
White: Thundurus, if I remember correctly.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Nowadays I never use Master Balls, but I frequently used to used them on roaming legends in each game.

Pikapia

The One Who Will Destroy Everything
Years
SoulSilver: I haven't even got it yet! :pink_tongue:
White: I stupidly used it on Zekrom, because I didn't have enough PokéBalls, and so, I wasn't prepared (even though I knew it was coming).
White 2: I haven't used it yet, and I might not! It really depends on the Pokémon's catching difficulty. :chu:

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
Years
YO I remember when I was like 6 and playing Gold, I used my Master Ball on a Zubat because I didn't realize the significance! I totally got yelled at by my older friend.

But these days, I NEVER use a master ball. I know it's a freebie, but since I consider myself a pretty good Pokemon collector, it just feels like a bailout. For whatever reason, using a master ball feels shameful, and I feel like I would look at the Pokemon that I used it on with a kind of disappointment.

Also guys take this advice from the man himself

h6B418322

I remember accidentally using it on a Doduo back in Gold the first time I got it.

It's like the Queen in chess, I feel it's so valuable that I need to save it for something really worth it, then I never end up using it.

Back