• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2016
Shiny Pokemon

I have been trying to get a shiny ever since I heard about them. Is there a way to increase the chance of finding a shiny without using codes? Maybe a glitch? I have never caught or even seen a shiny (besides the obvious ones). I really want one.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
There are a few ways to increase your chances of finding shiny Pokemon. In Gen IV, you can use the PokeRadar to chain Pokemon. Chain up to 40 of the same Pokemon without it breaking and you'll have a 1/200 (or 0.5%) chance to find a sparkling patch where a shiny Pokemon will be found.

In both Gen IV & V, you can use the Masuda Method to increase your chances to 1/1639 (0.06%) in Gen IV and 1/1366 (0.07%) in Gen V. In order to use the Masuda Method, you must breed a Pokemon from your game and a Pokemon from a different country together (Japanese Pokemon are the easiest to figure out of course).

In Black 2 and White 2 however, you can receive the item "Shiny Charm" if you complete the National Pokedex. This increases the chance of encountering or hatching a shiny Pokemon from 1/8192 (0.01%) to 1/2,731 (0.03%). If used in conjunction with the Masuda Method, it will be increased even further to 1/1024 (0.09%).

Though the easiest way to find a shiny is to RNG one. Doing it correctly will yield a shiny Pokemon every time. However it can be quite complex and isn't for everyone (and no, it isn't cheating). Trade Corner has a guide for basic RNGing and can be found here.

I hope this wasn't too confusing.

Last edited:
Years
General Quick Questions & Answers Thread

I have a question about breeding/hatching eggs. I've only done it once via the day care as a try it & see what happens thing with a couple deerlings. Is there another way to do it? I'm assuming the have to be 2 of the same pokemon just male & female? Anything else I should know?
Thank you!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I have a question about breeding/hatching eggs. I've only done it once via the day care as a try it & see what happens thing with a couple deerlings. Is there another way to do it? I'm assuming the have to be 2 of the same pokemon just male & female? Anything else I should know?
Thank you!

Both parents (1 male, 1 female) must also be in the same "Egg group" to produce an egg. Here's a list on Egg groups. In your case, Deerling is in the Field egg group, so it can breed with any Pokémon in that group.

Also, if both Pokémon have different Trainer IDs, then the odds of finding an egg are greater.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Thank you!

The Pokémon only have to be in the same egg group and opposite genders. The egg will be of the female. You can also use Ditto as any Pokémon.
For more.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You can also breed Pokemon with Ditto, even genderless things like Beldum and Magnemite. However it can't breed with legendaries, except for Manaphy (you'll get a Phione).

To add to what PlatinumDude said, the species that you want to get needs to be from the line you're breeding. You want Deerling, so if you bred it with something else from the Field Egg Group, the Deerling would need to be the female of the couple. This is how many egg moves are obtained as well. :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon : Explorers of Sky Question -

When I deleted Desmume and changed to a new version, I played Sky again but with a new game. Now the save doesn't work and it says Save File deleted.( On the first time I played PMD Sky I had the same problem on the guild but I forgot how i did that. )

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Sounds like an emulator problem, so try asking in emulation. This thread is for help within the game itself.

Years
It makes more sense now I think. I haven't tried bred anything since I bred those two Deerlings a while back in White/Black. I'll have to look into this egg group thing & experiment.

Just realized in Black 2 you don't get to the day care so you can breed pokemon until after pokemon league. And I'm only on castelia city. Blah. Gives me plenty of time to obtain the pokemon I want to try to breed I suppose. Boo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon : Explorers of Sky Question -

When I deleted Desmume and changed to a new version, I played Sky again but with a new game. Now the save doesn't work and it says Save File deleted.( On the first time I played PMD Sky I had the same problem on the guild but I forgot how i did that. )
Can you be specific which versions have you used?
Which one was the deleted and which one you use now?

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Can you change the language of the Battle Revolution Pokemon game for Wii?

Hi everyone.
I have the game which is like brand new, Pokemon Battle Revolution for Wii but my Wii stopped working right after I got the game and I never had any chance to play it. The case is in Italian, and I guess so must be the game, but I want to give it to a friend as a gift.

Beforehand, I wanted to know, from any of you who might have played the game, can you change the language of this game in your Wii even if it's not in English?
I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't even think you'd be able to play the game if the region of the Wii and the game itself are different. The Wii is region locked. So your Italian PBR won't work on your, I assume, Amercan Wii and there's no way to change the language. Sorry. :(

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
I don't even think you'd be able to play the game if the region of the Wii and the game itself are different. The Wii is region locked. So your Italian PBR won't work on your, I assume, Amercan Wii and there's no way to change the language. Sorry. :(

The Wii is PAL and so is the Pokemon Game, but I am just unsure of whether I'm able to change the language or not, since the case of the game is in Italian but I've never played it myself....

Jolteon82☆

The Speedster
Years
What level should my Pokemon be for Mount battle?

In Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, what level should my pokemon be for mount battle area 10?
What strategies should I use to defeat the leader?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
In Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, what level should my pokemon be for mount battle area 10?
What strategies should I use to defeat the leader?

Well the Pokémon are around level 60-70, so you'd want to be around there.

It'll be easiest if your Pokémon are stronger, I'd say hit hard and fast, because their team is made up of almost all hard hitters.
See their team here

Years
I need help with something. I finally went through the whole Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia. I did all the missions, captured all Pokemon. Now I downloaded and played missions with Dialga and Palkia...now what? D: Why can't I get all the other missions, four of them. How do I obtain them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back