• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
I have a weird bug. When I reached 222 pokemons, prof tim said my Pokédex is full. Now I have 223, and he said "a**31 ERROR.". And I can't fight the league, it crashes during the hall of fame.

And how did you get the Pokedex to successfully identify 223 Pokemon? Remember the glitch I had with trading that I pointed out in the readme?

Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2012
When I trade from gold or blue versions, I use AR codes to add traded pokémon to the pokédex. It's bad?

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2018
Could anyone tell me where Kangaskhan is? Ive looked every patch of grass in the safari zone but can't find it, the pokedex says its found there but I havnt seen it, is this a glitch?

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2012
This game is beyond is great.
Quick question, is there a way you can make the super gameboy colors standard on the next patch? In other words, make it so the colors will work regardless of what emulator is used. I'm on GBC.EMU for iPhone, a port of Gamebatte, which is a great emulator, but fails to have options for the colors. That would mean so much if you were to do that, along with fixing the glitched Pokemon and trainer back sprites.
Thanks for all your hard work, CoolBoyMan!

ditto1

copycat
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2012
This is the game that brought me into the wonderful world of hacks about a year ago
I LOVED IT

Years
I'm not sure what a did wrong... unless its supposed to be this way... but, I'm fighting a LVL 21 Clefable and 18 Flaafy on the first and second Lass in the first cave you visit when you start the game. Merson Cave. Also the bug catcher has a LVL 33 Parasect and a Scyther... I patched it with Lunar IPS.

I see what I did wrong. The game is back to normal, I hope. Also, I found my first clefairy after 16 hours running around in that cave...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2012
Hi everybody, i've got a problem. Game was in black&white but when I changed the ending from .gb to .sgb it has colors but on emulator (visual boy advance) and i wanted to put this on my cell phone and it still does not have colours :( Is there an conversion program or something i can do to put colors on this rom and it will works on my phone in color?

Years
i loved playing through this game, thanks so much! my marowak only attack move its learned so far is thrash though so that might need fixing. other than that this game is amazing <3.

Years
i loved playing through this game, thanks so much! my marowak only attack move its learned so far is thrash though so that might need fixing. other than that this game is amazing <3.
The movesets are the same as the ones in R/B/Y, which were often really weird: Pokemon often didn't learn moves until after the levels they appeared in the wild in those games.

Years
The movesets are the same as the ones in R/B/Y, which were often really weird: Pokemon often didn't learn moves until after the levels they appeared in the wild in those games.

Well the Marowak is lvl 80 now, I stuck with it lol. It learned Bonemerang somewhere near lvl 50 and then didn't learn anything else. So it had Growl when I caught it at Merson Cave, it learned leer, focus energy (i think), thrash, and then bonemerang up to lvl 80. I remember in Yellow Cubone already had Bone Club when you caught it, and learns Headbutt later...

PS: I was leveling up my Umbreon and Espeon last night and Umbreon wanted to learn Nothing and Espeon wanted to learn struggle... is this supposed to happen?

Last edited:

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
tried to use tgb dual to get kadabra to evolve (created copy of sav files to trade each other) but it doesnt work?

This works for something like skeetendo christmas hack, so it means the evo method has changed?

edit: nvm found answer thru browsing thread, kinda sucks though

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
PS: I was leveling up my Umbreon and Espeon last night and Umbreon wanted to learn Nothing and Espeon wanted to learn struggle... is this supposed to happen?

That is wrong, very wrong.

I haven't played the hack in forever, so I can't be sure whether Nothing is an attack that does nothing or the Cooltrainer (?) Nothing that kills the game. Learning struggle is worse.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Nothing is indeed an attack with hexadecimal value of 0x0 (00 as byte in game). 00 is used for ending moveset learning datas in GSC and most likely in RBY as well. Basically, some of the moveset learning data has been moved a byte back or forth which "corrupts" all the pokemon between the region where that was happened.

Have you been modifying the rom itself one way or another because that shouldn't just happen by accident?

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
i found a pp up ingame but i cant use it
that stupid message "there's a time and place for everything" keep appearing no matter where i use it

Years
I was leveling up my Umbreon and Espeon using a "Fight Professor Oak in Misty's Gym" code. Prof Oak turns out to be the Pallet Patrol Guy in Giovanni's Gym. Anyways, this time around, I used rare candies on both my Umbreon and Espeon to level them up, only Umbreon still learned Nothing, but Espeon learned Conversion instead of Struggle this time around. Check your inbox for a link (miksy91 and Heart's Soul) to the video I made since I can't post URL's to other sites until I have 15+ posts.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I'm just going to repeat what I said before- get a new ROM and repatch the game. Don't use your old save. That's all I can really say.

Also, Gameshark is only meant to **** with your game. Nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back