• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[EM] Battle Engine Upgrade (On Halt, Will undergo reboot!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 18, 2021
Can you find out the weather code (winhex form) from theta emerald ex? Then I can use CT2 to search that code in other Rom.

I assumed you means compiled binary code, idk how cools the weather code from theta emerald ex
works, you mention the name of the hack itself, so you should referring the author of it.

I dont want to point out that is how inappropriate to copy codes from other hack into yours, but honestly blindly copying codes to your rom is never a wise move, you dont know what you are doing or how the things work and you are losing respect from others.

Again I suggest you to do the things yourself, if you dont know how to, find and learn the mechanism, tutorial thread exists for reason. If you still having some sort of problem, find the right place to ask. You can even talk to me with your native language if you struggling with those help.

BluRose

blu rass
Years
Can you find out the weather code (winhex form) from theta emerald ex? Then I can use CT2 to search that code in other Rom.
in addition to what tara said, it would be significantly easier for me and extremely beneficial for you to learn to rebuild the battle engine in theta emerald ex with the code i have given

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
UPDATE
Someone asked me to add two more features to the engine and those are:
- GenVI ExpShare
- Double Wild Battles

Open up your config.h file and edit it to your will. Each define has a comment, so you shouldn't have too much troubles with it. :P

Now, I made double wild battles happen only on certain tiles and created a table for it.
It goes like this:
- tile number
- percent chance

You can edit it either via hex editor or directly in the double_wild_battles.c file. The table is called "double_grass_tiles".

Note it's not aligned and a tile number is a halfword. So editing it in hex would look like this for a normal grass tile with 5 percent chance:
0D 00 05
To add more to the table you'd do
0D 00 05 0E 00 05 0F 00 05, etc.

You can only add as much entries as you define via "DOUBLE_WILD_TILES" and not more! So if you set that define to 5 you can have up to 5 entries.

Hi! Two questions regarding double wild battles, first, can you enable them in caves by adding the cave tiles or does that work differently? Secondly, can you change the tiles that are enabled for them after applying the patch using a hex editor? Thanks.

Years
Hi! Two questions regarding double wild battles, first, can you enable them in caves by adding the cave tiles or does that work differently? Secondly, can you change the tiles that are enabled for them after applying the patch using a hex editor? Thanks.

1 - Yes, you can activate in every walking tile that have wild battle. It doesn't work with surf.
2 - You can change but can't expand the amount of tiles you put in config file.

In this line you can change the amount of tiles
https://github.com/KDSKardabox/Pokemon-Emerald-Battle-Engine-Upgrade/blob/3fbf9bf9650f32d873363a45d851e8c1fedf96a6/src/config.h#L29

And this line you put the tile and percentage
https://github.com/KDSKardabox/Pokemon-Emerald-Battle-Engine-Upgrade/blob/3fbf9bf9650f32d873363a45d851e8c1fedf96a6/src/double_wild_battles.c#L19

If you want, ive made this with almost or every tile that has wild battle, including cave,sand and New Mauville. All with 20%.
98 Tiles
Overwrite {0xD, 70} in wild double battle with
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
1 - Yes, you can activate in every walking tile that have wild battle. It doesn't work with surf.
2 - You can change but can't expand the amount of tiles you put in config file.

In this line you can change the amount of tiles
https://github.com/KDSKardabox/Pokemon-Emerald-Battle-Engine-Upgrade/blob/3fbf9bf9650f32d873363a45d851e8c1fedf96a6/src/config.h#L29

And this line you put the tile and percentage
https://github.com/KDSKardabox/Pokemon-Emerald-Battle-Engine-Upgrade/blob/3fbf9bf9650f32d873363a45d851e8c1fedf96a6/src/double_wild_battles.c#L19

If you want, ive made this with almost or every tile that has wild battle, including cave,sand and New Mauville. All with 20%.
98 Tiles
Overwrite {0xD, 70} in wild double battle with
Spoiler:

You are a saint! Thanks so much, works perfectly! (I'm the original requester but I accidentally used an ancient account...)

Years
I was wondering if the Battle Engine comes with support for more than 511 moves. I assumed it did when it added in moves from Gens 4 - 6.
I'm thinking I may have screwed up somewhere.
Do I need to clear the old movetables in the make.py file for this to work?

Years
I was wondering if the Battle Engine comes with support for more than 511 moves. I assumed it did when it added in moves from Gens 4 - 6.
I'm thinking I may have screwed up somewhere.
Do I need to clear the old movetables in the make.py file for this to work?

You need to do the INI step and use Pokemon game editor.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 18, 2020
Please. Help me to install battle engine upgrade with python or if you have the test.gba, test.ini and PGE already configure, send them to me by email. Because I would like to do a very good rom hack from emerald but it does not work despite several attempts.

Rodroo

La Luz!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 18, 2024
please i need help. How can i make the minior_meteor to have all the individual colours when his hp is low? there is just one minior_meteor configurable slot so thats means one colour. sorry my bad english,

YoY-X

bootycable
Years
(Run the cmd.exe in the main folder.
You can do this by typing 'cmd' and hitting enter in the url address or selecting 'run command prompt from here' from right clciking on empty space while holding the shift key
)
Bolded= Can someone tell me what it means?
What does that mean?
can someone give me a tutorial!

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2022
I followed the steps in the opening post and it created the rom, then I created the separate ini file. When I try opening it in PGE the new moves are coming out as random characters and crash it if I click the attack. Any idea what I may have done wrong?

Miko-chan

Haruka Fanboy
Years
Thanks so much for this! :chu:

Also, I don't know if this has been mentioned before but after opening the generated ROM in PGE (with the updated .ini), the last few abilities' names in the Ability Editor seem to be cut-off.

This was tested on a clean ROM.

Attachments

• abilities.PNG
    abilities.PNG
    9.1 KB · Views: 55
Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Aug 1, 2018
The problem with simply releasing a patch is that this battle engine is meant to be "dynamic", and can be applied to clean or hacked roms in the free location of your choosing. A patch would simply put in a static location, effectively limiting its use more or less only to clean roms. That isn't what the creators intended with their project.

In addition, the engine has several options that some may want on but others would not. Max possible EVs for Pokemon, max possible level, allowing or disabling wild double battles and the gen6 style of exp share are some of the options. It's all about customization and choosing just what features you want in your hack and what you don't. Release a patch with these options auto enabled/disabled and watch people complain about them.

I'd never used Python before either like many in this topic, but after reading through it and the other topics for the poke expansion and item expansions, I was able to apply all 3 of them only after a few tries, and the failed attempts were due to mistakes on my part.

Years
Hey guys :smile:
I have practically no programming knowledge and maybe shouldn't even try this but I used to have so much fun using MrDollSteak's rom base making a Firered hack, that i wanted to try this one too because it looks really amazing!
But I seem to be too stupid to even apply this to a clean rom.
I followed the instructions and i checked the designated offset of test.gba and there was code written to it but when i start a new game and catch a Ralts it has no Fairy typing. The movesets seem to be updated though.
I also get errors when i open the rom with PGE but i wouldn't be surprised if i screwed up creating the .ini as well when i can't the engine to work in the first place. :frown:

I didn't change the options in the make.py except for the name to match the one of my clean EMERBPEE01 rom.
I'm sorry if this is insufficient information to help but I have no idea what else i could have messed up.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Aug 1, 2018
Pokemon that became Fairy or part Fairy appear not to get their typing updated to modern gens, so Ralts and family are still pure Psychic types. As far as I can tell from a quick glance, it looks like this applies to any other Pokemon who should have gained the Fairy typing as well. It's easy enough to use PGE to fix their types.

Years
Pokemon that became Fairy or part Fairy appear not to get their typing updated to modern gens, so Ralts and family are still pure Psychic types. As far as I can tell from a quick glance, it looks like this applies to any other Pokemon who should have gained the Fairy typing as well. It's easy enough to use PGE to fix their types.

I feel so dumb now :pink_blush: Thank you!
The PGE problem also got solved by redownloading the newest version.
I knew it had to be silly mistakes on my part because the instructions were easy to follow.
Thanks for the engine, I'm sure I'll have lots of fun with it and it's future releases. :boogie:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back