• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Reviewing Challenge '11: Now with 10% more officialness!

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
PC Reviewing Challenge '11

Do you love the forums? Love writing? Think you can give awesome advice? Then welcome to the Reviewing Challenge! In this month-long reviewing blitz, race against the calendar to submit twenty-eight reviews in a single month. Why? To help the forum? To improve yourself and those around you?

More like because you can, am I right? ;D

How to Play

Step One
Sign up! Sign ups are done right here in this thread. Anyone who wishes to participate only needs to make a post with the following form filled out (except for the last two fields):

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Best Way To Contact:[/b]
[b]Reviewing Style:[/b]
[b]Custom Challenge Rules:[/b]
[b]Request Queue:[/b]
[b]Completed Reviews:[/b]

To clarify, the name is just what you want contacts to call you. Contact is PM, VM, IM (with specifics – username, which program, etc.)... basically any information you think someone would need to get in contact with you. Reviewing style is a brief description of how you review (e.g., strengths/weaknesses, areas of focus, that sort of thing).

Finally, custom challenge rules are basically anything else you want to add to the challenge's general rules (which we'll get to in a moment) that make it your own challenge. These could include anything from a word count/higher review count to "cannot use quote tags." Anything you'd like!

You don't have to worry about request queue or completed reviews until after the challenge begins. The first is a handy list for all the review requests people sent to you that you haven't gotten to yet, and the second is a list of reviews you've completed to keep track of how many more you still need to do.

As a note, the deadline for signing up is the last week of February. That's right. You can still join the challenge while it's going on; you just can't join in the last week because that would be rather silly, wouldn't it?

Step Two
From February 1 to February 28, it's your mission to submit at least twenty-eight reviews to any active story (read: has been updated within the past month) before February is over. That's just one review a day. Easy, right?

To make it easier, people have the option to send you requests to review their story. That way, writers can be guaranteed at least one review, and you can keep a steady supply of things to cover going. To keep track of your review requests, simply edit your profile and slip it under request queue.

If you run out of things under your queue, you still have one other option, and that's to simply review as many stories as you can starting on the first page. The forums have plenty of active stories out there; all you have to do is take your pick!

Do you have to stop at one review a day? Nope! Do as many as you'd like! In fact, doing multiple reviews a day means you'll hit the monthly review goal a little bit quicker, which means you can breathe easier later on.

Step Three
Completing reviews! What defines a complete request? Can you go back and review other chapters? Well, potential participant, the answer is it's up to you! Of course, you can't multipost and write reviews for individual chapters in separate posts without a break in between (see rules), but you can most certainly come back and review the same story later on. The only stipulation? The author has to post an installment between your reviews for it to count. Otherwise, it'll just be lumped all together as one big review of the story up to that point. Sorry!

Once you're done with a review, there's one other thing to remember. Right after you hit submit and are brought back to your freshly posted review, copy the URL in the address bar and skedaddle to your profile. Hit the edit button, paste the URL under completed reviews, and save. That makes it easier for the judges of the challenge to come along and verify whether or not you've written twenty-eight reviews by the twenty-eighth. After you hit #28, you can choose not to add any other reviews to this, but it's absolutely mandatory to do it for the ones that you want to count towards your review goal.

Step Four
Wait! The challenge ends on midnight, March 1, whenever that would be for your time zone. Then, once everyone is in, judges (mods and helpers if they need any) will go through the profiles and mark down every member who wrote at least twenty-eight reviews. After that, they'll hand out a shiny emblem to everyone who succeeded as a job well done.

Prizes?!
That's right! Everyone who beats the challenge will receive this dashing emblem:

ReviewersEmblem.jpg

On top of that, the people who finish twenty-eight reviews will also have bragging rights and the satisfaction of making the forum an awesome place to be.

But yeah, you're probably going to just be in it for the emblem, am I right?

The Rules
Of course, there's a few general rules to keep in mind:

1. Yes, you must submit twenty-eight reviews from February 1 to February 28. This is absolutely mandatory to be considered for the emblem.

2. The rules of both PC and the FF&W are completely in effect here. If you're not familiar with them, read them before signing up! The rules of the FF&W are included in a sticky at the top of the main forum; the general rules of PC are located at the top of the site itself.

3. Although it's included as a rule in the FF&W's batch, it's got to be reiterated here, too. Reviews must be constructive to count. What does this mean? A constructive review – praise or criticism – is simply a review that points out specific parts of the story and talks about what the reviewer's thoughts on it.

For a clearer example, this is a one-liner:

This is a great story! Can't wait for more!

Notice how it says nothing about the story? Yeah, we're not accepting those at all. Same thing with this:

It was awkward at times, so maybe you should proofread. Still, keep up the good work!

Notice how this doesn't say anything about what exactly made it awkward or what parts were awkward at all, so it doesn't end up being particularly helpful because the author has no idea what you're talking about? We're not accepting those, either.

There's a variety of ways to submit constructive reviews, though, so long as you point out specifics and go into detail. Answer the questions of what and why with everything you write. The what is the part of the story; the why is your reasoning for pointing it out/why you think it works or needs to be fixed.

For more help, check out these guides to reviewing. They should give you a much more detailed overview of what is and isn't good reviewing, so they should point you in the right direction.

http://studio-revolution.net/summary.php
http://www.suite101.com/content/how-to-give-constructive-criticism-a40316
http://www.dragonflycave.com/reviewing.aspx

Other than those three simple rules, you can modify your own, unique challenge to your heart's content, as explained in the first section. Have fun!

A Last Note: For the Requesters
To those of you thinking of recruiting a participant to review you, a few special rules for you:

1. Pay attention to what form of contact the participant specifies in their profile. Use only that method to ask politely to review your fic. Include a link to your fic and a quick summary to give us an idea of what we're going to be getting into.

2. Do not send us fics that haven't been updated in at least a month. This would mean we'd be breaking the rules to review you, and if we end up doing that, then that particular review won't count towards our review goal. Sorry!

3. After a participant reviews your work, remember to contact them again if you'd like them to review future chapters. Participants will take you off their request queue once they're finished looking at your story, so it's a good idea to get in touch with them in order to be put back on.

4. Remember that you requested them to review. Try to be as courteous to them as they are to you for this reason. Writers who decide to take hostile routes against the participants (flaming, starting drama, et cetera) will be blacklisted from requesting during this challenge and every other future challenge. So, it's just a good idea to play nice, you know?

BLACKLIST
(These members have in one way or another violated either the above rules, FF&W's rules, PC's rules, or general common sense. Reviews to their work will not count under certain circumstances detailed after their names. There are ways to get off it, but it's usually difficult and involves more or less promising to stop doing it wrong.)
1. MeerFall (Offense: Causing drama in response to a review written for the challenge. Details: All reviews to her work submitted after February 10, 2011, will not count towards the challenge)
2. GirlieNinjaRose (Offense: Plagiarism. Details: The Costume Party, A Hollow Heart Echos, and all work after February 24, 2011, will not count.)

Wait! I have a question!
Any questions or comments can be asked in this thread. Discussion can take place here, too!

Participant List
(Ordered alphabetically. All links go directly to participants' profiles.)
Astinus
Azurne
Bay Alexison
bobandbill
Dagzar
Dragonite Ernston
EmeraldSky
Feign
icomeanon6
JX Valentine
Mira
Mizan
Scytheteen
Sgt-T-Shock
txteclipse

Last edited:

Bay

Years
Yay! Thanks, Jax!

Name: Bay Alexison

Best Way To Contact: VM or PM

Reviewing Style: I mostly review about the plot that happened in the chapter/one shot, characterization, and sometimes description. I rarely talk about grammar because that's my weak point in writing and I don't think I'm the best judge of it. In terms of constructive criticism, I explain the parts that I love and parts that I think needs improving, so a little of both the good and bad.

Custom Challenge Rules: None. I'll just try to get through at least one fic a day.

Request Queue:
1. The Middle Ground (FlaafyFTW): 21 chapters
(Not sure if I'll get to posting a review for this fic for this challenge, but I'll be able to post one eventually)

Completed Reviews:
1. Bleeding Moon (darkpokeball): Prologue and (some of) Chapter 1
2. The Gym (Neko Godot): Chapters 1 to 3
3. Alpha Protocol (Ωmega): Chapters 1 and 2
4. The Gym (Neko Godot): Chapter 4
5. An Evening in Kesara: The Aura Knight's Story (EmeraldSky): One Shot
6. Best Laid Plans (IanDonyer): Chapter 1
7. Turnabout Assumptions (bobandbill): One Shot
8. Best Laid Plans (IanDonyer): Chapter 2
9. The Gym (Neko Godot): Chapter 5
10. Mad as a Hatter! (BareBones): Poem
11. Flying on Paper Wings (Zerolegends): Chapter 1
12. The Gym (Neko Godot): Chapter 6
13. For Want of Spirit (Dragonite Ernston): One Shot
14: Freewriting & Fragments (SeleneHime): One Shot (Shades of Gray)
15. The Gym (Neko Godot): Chapter 7
16. Legendary Legacy (LugiaSeaGod): Prologue
17.Freewriting & Fragments (SeleneHime): One Shots (Anubai and Mageblood: Raw Instinct)
18.Ode to the Noob (インフェルノの津波): Poem
19. Anima Ex Machina (JX Valentine): Chapter 16
20. Blackout World (Beechlgz): Prologue
21. The Gym (Neko Godot): Chapter 8
22. Best Laid Plans (IanDonyer): Chapter 3
23. Pokemon: Rocket Force (Ryan Hekk): Chapter 1
24. Freewriting & Fragments (SeleneHime): One Shot (Mageblood: Transcending Time)
25. Best Laid Plans (IanDonyer): Chapter 4
26. Misplaced (Mira): Chapter 1
27. The Plight of Mercury: Empathy of a Dark Life (RocketMeowth): Chapter 1
28. Under the Mistletoe (Mist_Ketchum): One Shot

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Not a problem~! :D

Also, my profile!

Name: Jax or JX Valentine... whichever you prefer, really.
Best Way To Contact: PMs or VMs. Whichever you'd prefer.
Reviewing Style: I have two different reviewing styles. Due to my custom rules, you won't see the first (a quote review that focuses on grammar and syntax). Meanwhile, the second is a paragraphed review like this, wherein I don't quote but still point out specifics about language, plot, and characterization. The latter three are really my strong suit, so I'll probably be focusing more on those than grammatical issues for the challenge. Also? Don't be intimidated by the concrit. I'm a completely honest reviewer, so I'll say exactly how I feel about your story while at the same time being completely objective. In other words, I'm not the kind of reviewer who will flame you into the ground.
Custom Challenge Rules: Quotes = not safe for life. Ergo, over 90% of every review I write will need to be in paragraph form, with quote tags used extremely sparingly.
Request Queue:

Completed Reviews:
1. The Reality of Fantasy by Eeveemaster9 (prologue and chapters 1 to 3)
2. The Gym by Neko Godot (chapters 1 to 3)
3. The Worlds of Monsters by Jabberwocky (chapter 1)
4. Prototype by Shadow_Angel (chapter 1)
5. The Gym by Neko Godot (chapter 4)
6. Of Electrodes and Magnetons by Dragonite Ernston
7. The Reality of Fantasy by Eeveemaster9 (chapter 2.5)
8. Turnabout Assumptions by bobandbill
9. Pokemon poems, theowlmanlives' poems
10. Legendary Legacy by LugiaSeaGod (prologue)
11. Blackout World by Beechlgz (chapter 1)
12. Flying on Paper Wings by Zerolegends (chapter 1)
13. Deception/Reflections and Promises by SeleneHime
14. Digimon: Shadows of Souls by Otherworld9) (chapters 0 and 1)
15. Misplaced by Mira (chapter 1)
16. A little Valentine haiku by TJgamer
17. Untitled by ToWriteLove
18. Forbidden by GirlieNinjaRose
19. Pokemon Story 1 by miley810
20. Pokemon: Rocket Force by Ryan Hekk (chapter 1)
21. The Thinking Man's Guide to Destroying the World by Cutlerine (chapter 1)
22. Fears into tears. by Usul
23. Best Laid Plans by IanDonyer (chapters 1 to 3)
24. Aura Senses by hockeydude1101 (chapter 1)
25. Best Laid Plans by IanDonyer (chapter 4)
26. The Blades of Aura by Zylasn (prologue and chapter 1)
27. Sci-fi Fic by Pika-power (chapter 1)
28. The Secret Behind The Truth by jasonwolf (chapters 1 to 3)

Last edited:

Dagzar

The Dreamer
Years
Name: Dagzar

Best Way To Contact: PM, please.

Reviewing Style: I don't have much of a style, though I concentrate mostly on the negative. Plot and characterization is what I usually pay attention to as my in-depth knowledge concerning grammar is lacking, but if I see any awkward sentences or spelling / grammar mistakes, I'll point them out. I generally go through a chapter / oneshot with a comb, pointing out any lapses of logic or any such things, and then at the end I look at the fic as a whole and go over what needs to be improved.

Custom Challenge Rules: None, thanks. Doing one review a day is enough for me.

Request Queue:

Completed Reviews:

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Name: Astinus

Reviewing Style: No set style, sorry. As for what I cover, I'm mainly characterization, but I try to cover everything else (plot, grammar, description, whatnot) as well in my review. Grammar's no longer my strong suit, but I will point out the mistakes I see and can explain.

Custom Challenge Rules: Nada

Request Queue:
Um: The Middle Ground (FlaafyFTW) [I still have the rest to go, so I'll leave this here.]

Completed Reviews:
Um: For All the Right Reasons (Daydream) - Chapters Two and Three
Dois: A Life Destined to Change (videoman) - Prologue and Chapter One
Tres: Fake Bieber Love (Shadow Angel) Chapter One
Quartro: Alpha Protocol (Ωmega) Chapters One and Two
Cinco: Battle of the DigiDestined (Roxasabridged) Chapters One and Two
Seis: Turnabout Assumptions (bobandbill)
Sete: Wet Sand (kidpunk) Chapter One
Oito: Silver Fan Fic (rockeymon)
Nove: Best Laid Plans (IanDonyer) Chapter One
Dez: Best Laid Plans (Ian Donyer) Chapter Two
Onze: Battle of the DigiDestined (Roxasabridged) Chapter Three
Doze: Blackout World (Beechlgz) Chapter One
Treze: Flying on Paper Wings (Zerolegends) Chapter One
Quatorze: Misplaced (Mira) Chapter One
Quinze: Freewriting and Fragments (SeleneHime) Trapped
Dezesseis: Shadows of Souls (Otherworld9)) Chapters Zero and One
Dezesete: The Twin Siren (Impo) Chapters One and Two
Dezoito: Forbidden (GirlieNinjaRose)
Dezenove: The Twin Siren (Impo) Chapter Three
Vinte: Best Laid Plans (Ian Donyer) Chapter Three
Vinte e um: Pokemon Story 1 (miley810) Chapters One and Two-ish
Vinte e dois: The Twin Siren (Impo) Chapter Four
Vinte e tres: Rocket Force (Ryan Hekk) Chapter One
Vinte e quartro: Aura Senses (hockeydude1101) Chapter One
Vinte e cinco: Best Laid Plans (Ian Donyer) Chapter Four
Vinte e seis: The Middle Ground (FlaafyFTW) Chapters 1 - 6
Vinte e sete: Aura Senses (hockeydude1101) Chapter Two
Vinte e oito: 7feathers (Hitoshizuku) Epiloge - Chapter 4

Last edited:

Azurne

The Local Trickster
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 19, 2011
Name: Azurne

Reviewing Style: I try to stay as far as humanly possible from grammar since I'm terrible at it, but if it's phenomenally bad in a story I will make a note of it in my review. Mostly though, I concentrate on plot and characters. Characters more so than anything because I like studying people's brains, fictional or real. My reviews tend to be a fraction shorter than most, but I'm working to try and fix that.

Custom Challenge Rules: N/A

Request Queue:

Completed Reviews:
1. True Hatred by darkpokeball: (Chapter One)
2. Royalty by Dulcet
3. Best Laid Plans by IanDonyer (Chapters One and Two)
4. Mad as a Hatter! by BareBones
5. Turnabout Assumptions by bobandbill

Last edited:

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
Insert emblem here. Sorry, guys! It's not quite done yet!
Ermm… *flees to create emblem*

Name: Mizan, Sir, Master, your Lordship… etc. No terms of endearment please.

Best Way To Contact: VM or PM.

Reviewing Style: Me? I'm a reviewer who uses quotes when necessary to illustrate a point or keep your attention from being distracted by the big wall o' text that seems so daunting. Because I know, from experience, that most writers take one look at a wall o' text review, try to skim through it, and end up missing out the important bits the reviewer spent the better part of an hour writing. My specialties include: critically analyzing your characters (on request), poking flaws in your logic, finding glaring/subtle clichés in your plot, making humorous asides which I think are funny but other people find distracting, and, of course, picking apart your fic bit by bit and smacking you in the face with all sorts of grammatical terms that you may or may not be familiar with. Okay, that last part's an exaggeration, but you get the gist of it. I do grammar, characterization, and plot, the three basic elements of a story that I can think of.

Custom Challenge Rules: Use 28 different greetings when starting a review. In different languages if possible. Oh yes… (Relevance? Avoids me from using a copypasta greeting template.)

Request Queue:

Completed Reviews [28]:

Removed (Damnit):

Last edited:

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Name: txteclipse

Best Way To Contact: VM or PM. As long as that little message notice lights up. ;)

Reviewing Style: I'm best with grammar, but I can tell you what I think about the plot and whatnot. Granted, I'm not a fan of every genre, but I won't find fault with things just because they're not my cup of tea.

Custom Challenge Rules: None. Unless you want me to review a certain thing or whatnot. Don't hesitate to ask.

Request Queue: Empty

Completed Reviews: N/A

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
Years
  • Age 29
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
Quick question, does this include the entire writing section? Including the poetry section? I'll do it either way I was just wondering

Name: Scytheteen, Scythe, Scy, Zach

Best way to contact: PM or VM. Preferably PM though.

Reviewing Style: I'm mostly good with grammar and strong/weak points. If it's a fan-fic I won't go too much into content, mostly if the story makes sense and isn't awkward. I'm much better at reviewing poetry, but I still have a lot of experience in reviewing fan-fiction, so don't hesitate to ask for me to review!

Custom challenge rules: seduce jax Malcolm none :x

Request Queue: Obama

Completed Reviews:
1)The Reality of Fantasy by Eeveemaster9 (prologue and chapter one)
2)Dear Diary by darkpokeball
3)Dear Diary (II) by darkpokeball
4) Pokemon Poem (I) by Meerfall
5) A series of haikus by darkpokeball
6) A series of haikus and tanka by ToWriteLove
7) Haikus, Tanka, Acrostic and Cinquain Poetry by darkpokeball

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Name: bobandbill, bnb or b&b for short.

Best Way To Contact: VM or PM.

Reviewing Style: Generally I'll comment on what I feel is done done well and why (what I've liked and so forth), and what I feel could use improving and why, along with my thoughts on the characters, plot and so forth - both sides, really. I also cover grammar and spelling mistakes that I catch when reading.

Custom Challenge Rules: N/A, although if I can I'll see if doing more than 28 is feasible.

Request Queue:
Dragonite Ernston's For Want Of Spirit. Done.

Completed Reviews:
  1. darkpokeball's Bleeding Moon story.
  2. EmeraldSky's An Evening in Kesara: The Aura Knight's Story... story.
  3. Neko Godot's The Gym story.
  4. Shadow_Angel's Fake Bieber Love story.
  5. Meerfall's Froslass poem.
  6. IanDonyer's Best Laid Plans story.
  7. EmeraldSky's An Evening in Kesara: Kissa's Tale story.
  8. Cutlerine's The Thinking Man's Guide to Destroying the World story (Chapters 1-3).
  9. Neko Godot's The Gym story (Chapters 4-5).
  10. IanDonyer's Best Laid Plans story (Chapter 2).
  11. Impo's Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney: The Twin Siren story.
  12. Beechlgz's Blackout World story.
  13. Pink Typholsion's My Dream To Fly poem.
  14. Cutlerine's The Thinking Man's Guide to Destroying the World story (Chapters 4-7).
  15. darkpokeball's Apocalypse #1: The Beginning story.
  16. SeleneHime's LoZ: I Am drabble.
  17. Dragonite Ernston's For Want of Spirit story.
  18. Neko Godot's The Gym story (Chapters 6-7).
  19. Cutlerine's The Thinking Man's Guide to Destroying the World story (Chapters 8-12).
  20. Impo's Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney: The Twin Siren story (Chapters 2-3).
  21. JX Valentine's Anima Ex Machina: Redux story.
  22. Cutlerine's The Thinking Man's Guide to Destroying the World story (Chapters 13-19).
  23. miley810's Pokemon Story 1 story.
  24. IanDonyer's Best Laid Plans story (Chapter 3).
  25. darkpokeball's poem (on Alice in Wonderland).
  26. Cutlerine's The Thinking Man's Guide to Destroying the World story (Chapters 20-21).
  27. EmeraldSky's Pokemon: The Magic of a Melody story.
  28. IanDonyer's Best Laid Plans story (Chapter 4).
Removed:
GirlieNinjaRose's A Hollow Heart Echoes poem.

Last edited:

Dragonite Ernston

I rival Lance's.
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2016
Name: Dragonite Ernston (but you can call me Zekurom)
Best Way To Contact: VM/PM
Reviewing Style: I'll probably pick up on grammar the most, but the specifics that I address will probably be story-based.
Custom Challenge Rules: My personal goal is 7,000 words, not just 28 reviews.

Request Queue:

Completed Reviews:

Review goal: 12 / 28 (42.86%)
Word count goal: 2,323 / 7,000 (33.19%)

Last edited:

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
Years
Name: Sgt-T-Shock
Best Way To Contact: PM, VM, or Skype (cm_beast)
Reviewing Style: My reviewing style is geared more towards plot line and character development. Though I'm not the best at grammar, I can catch you on the basics. Charm me with your dialogue because that's a portion I will catch you on. :D
Custom Challenge Rules: None at the moment.
Request Queue: Empty
Completed Reviews:
Plea for the Reaper by Legendarian Mistress
Turnabout Assumptions by bobandbill
Love Comes Before Fame by Shadow_Angel

Last edited:

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
Superb idea for a challenge, Jax. Great incentive for slackers like me to give back to the community.

Come February I'll be a second-semester senior, which means time for messing on the web around in manners such as this!

Name: icomeanon6, or Anon for short.
Best Way To Contact: PM, please.
Reviewing Style: I'm pretty good with spotting mechanical and grammatical mistakes. Overall I try to focus on how well the writing flows, and how well realized the characters, setting, and events are.
Custom Challenge Rules: None. Averaging one a day sounds hard enough...

Request Queue:

Currently empty.

Completed Reviews:

1. Frantic Recollections - IanDonyer
  2. Alpha Protocol - Ωmega
  3. For All the Right Reasons - Daydream
  4. Digimon: Battle of the DigiDestined - Roxasabridged
  5. Of Electrodes and Magnetons - Dragonite Ernston
  6. Wet Sand - kidpunk
  7. The Reality of Fantasy - Eeveemaster9
  8. Turnabout Assumptions - bobandbill
  9. A Night at the Grand Market: Kissa's Tale - EmeraldSky
  10. Flying on Paper Wings - Zerolegends
  11. Digimon: Battle of the DigiDestined (chapter 3) - Roxasabridged
  12. For Want of Spirit - Dragonite Ernston
  13. Misplaced - Mira
  14. An Evening in Kesara: The Aura Knight's Story - EmeraldSky
  15. Deception - SeleneHime
  16. Pokemon: The Magic of a Melody - EmeraldSky
  17. Best Laid Plans - IanDonyer
  18. Forbidden.. - GirlieNinjaRose
  19. Pokemon: Rocket Force - Ryan Hekk
  20. Blackout World - Beechlgz
  21. Shien te Luiex - SeleneHime
  22. Best Laid Plans (chapter 3) - IanDonyer
  23. Best Laid Plans (chapter 4, after update) - IanDonyer
  24. The Thinking Man's Guide to Destroying the World (chapters 1, 2) - Cutlerine
  25. The Plight of Mercury: Empathy of a Dark Life - RocketMeowth
  26. 7fEATHERS (epilogue through chapter 3)- Hitoshizuku
  27. The Secret Behind The Truth - jasonwolf
  28. The Aura Cycle - Yamikarasu

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Welp, it's four days until February 1 and the start of the challenge. What have people been doing to get ready? Clearing their schedules? Practicing reviewing?

(Also, this is an extra notice for anyone thinking of signing up. Remember, we'll still accept sign-ups until the last week of February, but would you really want to force yourself to do twenty-eight reviews in seven days?)

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Jax, I'm mostly considering the fact that the number of threads updated within the last month is probably less than the number of reviewers we have. XD

This is certainly going to be interesting.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Jax, I'm mostly considering the fact that the number of threads updated within the last month is probably less than the number of reviewers we have. XD

Even better! It'd be awesome if we all submitted reviews to the same stories. I mean, it'll help us get over that whole weird notion that once ____ reviews, no one else can say anything.

Also! One more day until the rush starts, guys! Hope you're ready~!

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
Years

This is certainly going to be interesting.

Haha. I didn't even think of that myself. This is getting a lot of steam that I did not truly foresee. I'm excited for my first review tomorrow. I'm developing a list in my head and on paper.

Even better! It'd be awesome if we all submitted reviews to the same stories. I mean, it'll help us get over that whole weird notion that once ____ reviews, no one else can say anything.

Also! One more day until the rush starts, guys! Hope you're ready~!

I hope that the writers are ready. ha ha. They are going to be barraged with helpful information. I might have to throw my story up here to get some good reviews. :D

Azurne

The Local Trickster
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 19, 2011
I'm ready! Although mother nature may have something to say about it. There's an ice storm/nasty winter mix on its way where I live. It's supposed to last about two days, and they're already forseeing mass power outages around the neighborhoods.

I can't take the media seriously nowdays since 9 times out of 10 everything is blown exceptionally out of proportion, but if I get hit hard with this storm my reviews might be delayed for a day or two since I won't have power.

On the bright side, I'll be snowed in/iced in at home for the next 48 hours and, if I do have power, I'll have all the time in the world to read and review. 8D (re: I don't have any excuses to put it off)

I'm developing a list in my head and on paper.

That's actually a really good idea since we're so close to the starting point. Good luck to everyone~

Back