• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Clubs Feedback/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

Pokémon Clubs Feedback & Discussion​

Simply put; what would you like to see happen in the Pokémon Clubs section?

Would you like to see anything in the section changed? Would you like to see certain things being added? Would you like more events/contests? Would you want more emblems? Do you like how club approvals currently work? What do you think of the forced transfer of ownership rule? Do you think the reservations system works? Do you like the Grandmaster Thread? Are the section's rules clear enough for you? Is the club creation/CSS guide useful to you?

Don't feel like you have to answer all (or any!) of these questions, they're just general ideas of what to bring up and discuss, but if you have any comments/feedback/suggestions about the section then please post them here and we'll do our best to discuss and, if they're generally well liked, implement them into the section. And obviously keep suggestions reasonable when making larger suggestions such as rule changes and whatnot!

We currently are in the process of making a few minor changes to the section such as re-writing the clubs creation guide (the first couple posts that resemble huge walls of text will soon be replaced with a format similar to the section's rules thread for example) and similar things, but we'd love your feedback on how to make the section as welcoming and enjoyable as possible. Whether you're new and just dropping by or you're a PoC veteran, your comments will be very useful and hopefully we'll be able to improve the section for you based on your ideas. :)

Thanks in advanced!

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
I would like to see more clubs revolving around gamessuch as PMD, and all of the old games, i dont seem to see many of those clubs these days.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I would like to see more clubs revolving around gamessuch as PMD, and all of the old games, i dont seem to see many of those clubs these days.

Thing is, we don't allow video game based clubs (mainly the main series games) since there are already forums on the site to discuss everything that'd come up there and they'd effectively be mini replicas of those sections. As for games like PMD though that's slightly different... Me and Olli are okay with a club being made around the PMD universe (so that includes all aspects of the PMD sector of the franchise, including the anime, characters, etc), but as for a club based on the PMD games themselves, that'd probably be better off in the Spinoff Games section as a discussion thread. It'd be a similar case for a Ranger club, although arguably there is less of a franchise in the Ranger games outside of the actual video games than there is for the PMD series so it'd be harder to justify those clubs existing here, but yeah, does that sound fair to you? If not then we'd be happy to look into this rule a bit more, but at present that's where we stand on the whole video game clubs issue. It would be very cool to have them, but they're just not really appropriate as we have whole forums dedicated to those topics already which they'd just be shadowing :3

Ralaia

~Smooth as Ice~
Years
Well yes, but just a few things like maybe bring back CotM back, maybe even have a contest for Most active club or something lol? Emblems would be cool for what I recommended but I know you already have emblems for CotM. Yes I like the way the "GrandMaster Thread" works :3. And like the "No single pokemon rule." I like that rule because we don't need like 6 clubs about nearly the same pokemon. The transfer ownership rule I also like but like co-owner(s) of the club should have the right to be owner since the were granted them co-owner. I do like the reservation system and think it should stay. Yes, I also like the GrandMaster thread because it has the reservations and directory if you want a certain club but aren't sure where it is it already has a link to it. I do like the CSS guide but I know in TC they have the CSS where you can copy it from the CSS Template Guide so I think we should have Templates for Poc, and heck I could help make a few CSS's to get it started! :3

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Thank you for your feedback! :D

Well yes, but just a few things like maybe bring back CotM back
CotM is something we've been debating bringing back for a while. The thing is, there just weren't enough clubs to keep winning it every month. After running it for around 4 months we were already beginning to run out of clubs to award the title to and new clubs simply weren't being made that often, so we decided to give it a break for a while and I guess we just forgot to ever bring it back haha. But I would be all for bringing CotM back soon, possibly running every other month instead of once a month though so we don't run out as quickly? But yeah, I'd definitely be up for bringing it back so I'll talk to Olli about it tonight. :) One thing we were never sure of though; do you prefer CotM to be run by mine and Olli's nominations or by you guys voting?

Emblems would be cool for what I recommended but I know you already have emblems for CotM.
I wouldn't be against adding more emblems to the section if you can think of any valid ones to add?

but like co-owner(s) of the club should have the right to be owner since the were granted them co-owner.
In the majority of cases the co-owner is the first person we go to when the club's ownership needs transferring for the reason you said, but unfortunately sometimes the co-owner is just as inactive as the original owner so it's not practical to transfer it to them. I do agree that the co-owner should always be made owner after the original owner left, but sometimes they just don't want to or they tell us via PM that someone else would be better for the position, so it doesn't always work out with them ending up as the owner. But they are always the first place we go to when searching for a replacement owner :)

I do like the CSS guide but I know in TC they have the CSS where you can copy it from the CSS Template Guide so I think we should have Templates for Poc, and heck I could help make a few CSS's to get it started! :3
Thing is, when I wrote the CSS guide I kind of wrote it as a way for people to make their clubs look unique and stand out from each other by using some basic CSS; if we add templates then that kind of defeats the point of clubs standing out from each other. I provided templates to the extent of giving text boxes within a background (and each bit individually) for people to play around with, but providing full templates would probably lead to a lot of very similar looking clubs which is ideally not what I'd want for the section. I constructed a basic club layout template for people to use which was to ensure people knew what to include in their clubs and how they could lay it out, but the CSS guide is mostly just for adding personal touches to the club and making it look unique. So for now, I wouldn't really be up for adding club templates with CSS since I can imagine the clubs would all begin to look very similar, but if enough people back the idea then I'll certainly look into it. :)

droomph

weeb
Years
I know that emblems are a pain to upload, but once Audy gets all that crap fixed I was thinking, maybe each club-owner could upload emblems for themselves? No ego-emblems, obviously, but I'm sure it would be nice to remember what contest you won that for.

And it's pretty clear that not everybody should upload emblems, and that even club owners need a kind of a "qualification" process and limits once you get the emblem privleges, but if we could get that in place, it would be pretty useful.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I know that emblems are a pain to upload, but once Audy gets all that crap fixed I was thinking, maybe each club-owner could upload emblems for themselves? No ego-emblems, obviously, but I'm sure it would be nice to remember what contest you won that for.

And it's pretty clear that not everybody should upload emblems, and that even club owners need a kind of a "qualification" process and limits once you get the emblem privleges, but if we could get that in place, it would be pretty useful.
Well, that was pretty much the reason the club competition winner emblem was made. Basically, letting every club owner upload their emblems for whatever competitions or contests they might have would just be waay too excessive, granted that a lot of the owners would probably take use of this feature, as well as probably having more competitions to boost activity and all. So to kinda give owners their own emblems to award, we made one just for winners of any competition held within clubs, and though this means one member can only get the emblem once, it's pretty much the best we can do for you which makes it fair for everybody.

Also, what do you mean with Audy getting it fixed? To upload emblems, I'm pretty sure you need access to at least the ACP, so only SA's would be able to upload them as of now, unless you mean Audy is working on something for members to upload their own emblems.

But either way, the thing about emblem suggestions in this thread was more directed towards emblems specific to the section rather than the individual clubs. For example with the emblem for being a good club owner, for joining and being active in lots of clubs, and whatever else we have at the moment, and it was more a suggestion if you had any similar ideas :p

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
This may have been stated aleady but maybe we could have an emblem pretaining to your activity within a club(s). Or maybe we could have special events gor all the clubs than encompas a specific genre(ex. Pokemon type clubs, pokemon trainer fanclubs, etc.) Idk just thinking.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
We already have an emblem for people who post actively in clubs :) Also, do you mean events organized by clubs of a specific category for those clubs, or something organized by Alex and I for those specific clubs? Depending on what the events are, it may not always work out that well, considering even when we have events that cover all clubs, they do still at times end up not getting many participants :( It's still something that's worth giving a shot though, so not putting the idea down :)

The ideas are appreciated, and we'd be glad to hear more :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Or maybe we could have special events for all the clubs than encompas a specific genre(ex. Pokemon type clubs, pokemon trainer fanclubs, etc.) Idk just thinking.
I've wanted to do something like this for a long time but honestly I just don't know what kind of events that could be. If you have any suggestions I'd absolutely love to hear them since getting clubs interacting together is something I'd be very interested in for sure. The only idea I've had is kind of like a role-playing scenario where each club is involved (or clubs that put themselves forward) and they go through a story completing challenges, but idk... Or perhaps a battle royal where every club puts together a team of Pokémon that represents their club and the leaders battle on our Pokémon Showdown server or something? I don't know, but if you guys have any ideas at all then please say! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back