• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you watch your movies?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
How do you all go about watching your movies?

Do you purchase DVD or BlueRays? Or do you download them onto your laptop or tablet? Netflix maybe? There are so many various ways to go about watching films these days.

I might be old fashioned, but I watch them on good old DVDs.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I'm old fashioned too lol. I prefer watching them on DVD and Blu-Ray. Heck even VCR if I own the movies on it :P

I just prefer having physicial copies of stuffs I buy, and I also collect movies.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
There's this great place where I live called Hastings and I usually rent movies there because they're super cheap and you get store credit for returning them a four days early. Though, I've started streaming a bit more now that we have internet that can sustain such activity, so that paired with Netflix will most likely become my most prominent source of movies.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
If not in the theaters, then I guess I just catch movies when they're on tv. Not the best way, since you never know what's gonna be on. I did find Anastasia online though, so I watched that the other day!

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
By calling DVD's old-fashioned you're calling me old. :'(

As a broke college student, anything that costs money is off-limits. So I make good use of the Netflix account I get for free. It's standard for me to watch movies in "nighttime clothes" (to specify beyond that term would be indecent and unlady-like, so I'll spare you the details) with hot tea by my side during winter months and whatever goulash I can muster from the canned goods in the pantry. If I'm feeling particularly rich, I'll order myself a pizza. Either way, a movie without sustenance doesn't feel right. Also, can't forget the grass- never do.

Years
Generally I don't watch many movies, so if there is something I want to watch, I'll either use my cable's video-on-demand service, or use my sister's Netflix account. I think I own about 5 DVDs and one Blu Ray total, since almost everything now can be found digitally (although I do have a box of about 100+ VHS tapes in my basement somewhere).

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I prefer to watch Movies on Youtube if it is on there, if it isn't I'll buy iy from a shop and watch it on my DVD player.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I'm old school, DVD's most of the time. I don't get what all this Blu-Ray fuss is about, anyone care to explain to me? As far as I understand they can be higher frame rates and more dpi? Anyway, I can't notice the difference :P Back on topic though, I have recently been downloading movies of Youtube, like Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva. That was brilliant.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I still watch many movies on DVD - so I can watch them on my PS3 or on my PC or my cheap DVD player. If the movie is available online (like here) see it.

Mr. Magius

  
Years
I hardly ever buy a DVD unless it's dirt cheap, mainly because I can either rent it, simply stream it online or watch it on YouTube. It's normally done through streaming though :-)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 13, 2021
I rent movies through Redbox if they're more recent. Redbox makes you pay a $1 each day you borrow a movie. I generally watch a movie only once, so it's a pretty good deal for me. Watching movies at the theatre has become too expensive now, I visit no more than twice a year.

Years
Kids today with their blue rays and dee-vee-dees. Back in my day we watched movies on these old things called tapes. They were dark and grainy and if you wanted to watch them again you had to wait ten minutes to rewind them because the last person who watched them didn't do that. Sometimes if you paused them for too long the spot on the movie would get fuzzy, that is, fuzzier than the rest of the movie, which you always had to adjust with the little wheel at the bottom of the VCR. The colors had to be adjusted the same way, but we were happy to have it that way.

I watch them on DVD or Blu-ray if I like them enough to own them. Otherwise I just watch things on netflix or borrow the movies from friends. I also like going to the theatre a lot to see things when they're still being advertised so I don't forget they exist by the time they're available for home viewing.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I watch them by accidentally catching them on tv. I never buy movies and rarely go out to see any. There are a few movies I actually would like to own, but idk, I would probably never watch them so I'd rather not use my money on them. I only have 4 DVDs, two are musicals, one is the first season of Hey Arnold, and the other is Napoleon Dynamite. Great collection, isn't it?

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
Years
At papas (or anywhere with a speedy connection), I prefer streaming my movies.

Otherwise, I am happily content with VCR &/or DVD.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
My internet's not good enough to watch/download movies online so I always either watch them in the cinema when released, via a DvD (if the film's good enough to buy!) on the laptop or if they happen to be on TV. Generally I don't tend to watch a lot of movies since I don't have as much access to them as I'd like, but once I get my new TV I think I'm going to go on a HMV shopping spree for some!

Back