• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[EM] Battle Engine Upgrade (On Halt, Will undergo reboot!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer 781

Btw, I redid a couple of the sprites in Pokemon Emerald to look more like their Gen IV counterparts, would you like to use them? Here they are if you would:
Updated Particles:
Fly Sprite:
Spoiler:

Flame Particles:
Spoiler:

Rock Particles:
Spoiler:

Stat Changes (note: for this one you'll have to either insert the new palette to all of the stat change palettes, or repoint all the stat change palettes to the palette you inserted):
Spoiler:

Scary Face (based off the Gen IV one):
Spoiler:

Ice Particles:
Spoiler:

Bubble (note for Bubble and BubbleBeam animations, for some reason they use the Water Gun sprite at the end for the bubbles coming out bit, you need to change that to this sprite):
Spoiler:

PS; For the stat changing palette, I recommend just exporting the palette to C2DBA8 and then pasting the following bytes at 1171B8:
Spoiler:

Here's a fissure move particle i made a while back when i was bored, P.S it looks much better ingame. :)
Spoiler:

Edit: Also made a moon particle.
Spoiler:

Can you both provide hex dumps for these images (and their pallets ofc)? This will speed up the insertion process.

goranthegreat

Can you both provide hex dumps for these images (and their pallets ofc)? This will speed up the insertion process.
Here you go! Moon Graphics Offset D20E20, Palette D21158.
Fissure Offset E7FF70, Palette E80264.{:3}

goranthegreat

Well, what I mean is the hex data itself, not the offset to the data . :P
I'm probably Gonna sound like a idiot but sorry i really don't know to dump the hex data of a image{XD}

Last edited:

Trainer 781

I'm probably Gonna sound like a idiot but sorry i realy don't know to dump hex data of a image{XD}

For example, you insert your moonblast particle at offset X and pallete at offset Y using a graphics tool like unLz. I want the hex data present at offsets X and Y respectively (preferably wrapped in spoilers). You just need to extract the hex data using a hex editor to open your ROM.
I can do this myself, but I'm busy in office unfortunately nowadays.

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2023
First of all, love this resource. I'm trying to learn to hack gen III in C and the source code is very useful.

I hope I don't annoy you with these questions...
What are your priorities with this right now? Finding and fixing bugs? Getting the animations for the newly implemented moves that miss them? Are there any mechanics missing from up to gen VI?
And finally, do you think about including the BW/SM experience system?

Thanks again for this and all other resources you guys have released!

ItsFrickenMe

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Put out a damn tutorial video already. You've had plenty of time now. You're just being straight-up rude at this point.

Years
First of all, love this resource. I'm trying to learn to hack gen III in C and the source code is very useful.

I hope I don't annoy you with these questions...
What are your priorities with this right now? Finding and fixing bugs? Getting the animations for the newly implemented moves that miss them? Are there any mechanics missing from up to gen VI?
And finally, do you think about including the BW/SM experience system?

Thanks again for this and all other resources you guys have released!

Priorities are: code cleaning, bug fixing and that's pretty much it for me. If I get bored I may think of some feature to add such as easier multi battles with AI partner or trainers sliding and saying something when for example their pokemon are at low health.

As for the level scaling exp system, I may include it eventually, although the experience points got from pokemon will not be the same, because of how exp base is stored in gen3 and in later gens(byte vs halfword).

Put out a damn tutorial video already. You've had plenty of time now. You're just being straight-up rude at this point.

Stop trolling bich.

ItsFrickenMe

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Stop trolling bich.

You want me to make you my bich? Why didn't you just say so? Drop those nickers and do a backwards handstand, I'm coming in lubed up and extra excited. You may think you're straight now but I'll have you moaning my name within 5 minutes flat.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
You want me to make you my bich? Why didn't you just say so? Drop those nickers and do a backwards handstand, I'm coming in lubed up and extra excited. You may think you're straight now but I'll have you moaning my name within 5 minutes flat.

Pretty much sums up the quality of the posts on here recently.

Iria Animi

Innocent Trainer
Years
Stop writing like these bad language at this forum! He has been working hard for this tool and we should appreciate him for his work.

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
how i make PGE or another tool read new learneset "jambolearnedmovehack" (3 bytes for move) ?
because i test exaustive it,
and great resourcer, "Emerald great again"

Trainer 781

how i make PGE or another tool read new learneset "jambolearnedmovehack" (3 bytes for move) ?
because i test exaustive it,
and great resourcer, "Emerald great again"

Just run the PGEinidump.py script after insert.py or make.py depending upon the path you. The 3 bytes per move setting is now directly made in the ini which is automatically done by running PGEinidump.py. MAke sure you have the latest PGE version.

I think that there is no other good tool that supports 3 bytes per learnset.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Online now
How are 7th Gen things looking? I'm finishing the data from nearly 1000 Pokemon and I'll probably need the new abilities plus new attacks to finish it 100%.

Trainer 781

How are 7th Gen things looking? I'm finishing the data from nearly 1000 Pokemon and I'll probably need the new abilities plus new attacks to finish it 100%.

Well, we haven't started Gen 7 yet. The priority is pretty much as what Dizzy has said, cleaning the code and stabilizing the Battle Engine. But worry not, once we start Gen 7 it will be wrapped up pretty quickly.

Last edited:

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
Years
I am confused on something new, now.

How do I specifically add a new form of Castform? (In this case, I want to make a Rock-type 'Sandy Castform' that appears during a Sandstorm.)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Online now
Well, we haven't started Gen 7 yet. The priority is pretty much as what Dizzy has said, cleaning the code and stabilizing the Battle Engine. But worry not, once we start Gen 7 it will be wrapped up pretty quickly.

Thank you for your response. Well, there's time. I still have to finish attacks/data in nearly 100 Pokemon, change TMs for 1000 Pokemon and Pokedex data for nearly 600 Pokemon. I suppose I will get more active in summer, when there's actually time to do this things.

I did aproximately 500 Pokemon in 3 and a half months (Data + Attacks).

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
i have one question in item effect

ITEM_EFFECT_ADAMANTORB , //0x48

for it works in dialga i need put the index of dialga in the extra parameter (in iteme ditor) ?
the same question for griseous orb ?

Trainer 781

ITEM_EFFECT_ADAMANTORB , //0x48

for it works in dialga i need put the index of dialga in the extra parameter (in iteme ditor) ?
the same question for griseous orb ?

You need to make sure that the index for dialga in the src/pokes.h file matches the one in your hack.

Years
Thank you so much for these ressources Dizzyegg and KDS, its amazing!

One question about the learnsets. I see gen 4-6 pokemon learnsets commented out in the learnsets.c file, would removing the comments and adding the expanded pokemon names make the script automagically give them the correct moves? Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back