• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Singing in the Rain - An OU Gen V RMT

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Singing In the Rain

Introduction

So yeah hi me again! I'm back with a brand new RMT and a funky new name, I stole the layout inspiration from Spino! >:D But yeah, this team is an RMT on my newest creation; my Drizzle team. I've built them in the past and tbh, they've been awful. But I decided to try for one last time to build one and it's worked wonders, having won 8/10 battles that it has had, most of them rage quits >: But still. n___n So here we go;

Meet these babies!

620.gif
@ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 212 Atk / 44 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hi Jump Kick
- Fake Out

My lovely lead Mienshao, Fake out actually hits hard, then I usually lead with Hi Jump Kick, Gliscor is OHKO'd by Hp Ice and Salamence & Dragonite take a big hit from it. U-Turn helps me scout as well as letting Regenerator activate so it's all good.

437.gif
@ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Atk / 92 Def / 96 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Confuse Ray

I little different to the other Bronzong set I was running. It walls fierce sweepers like Latios, Excadrill, Thundurus and Salamence. Their fire attacks are useless thanks to the Rain. Confuse Ray actually works quite well, Pokemon like Excadrill take quite a bit of damage because they've rose their attack. Stealth Rock shouldn't need an explanation. Gyro Ball pretty much is self-explanatory. Along with Quake.

454.gif
@ Life Orb
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 124 HP / 132 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance
- Cross Chop
- Sucker Punch

This set works better as a full on offensive set. Latios, and other frail Psychic/Ghost types do not want to take a +2 Sucker Punch, it's pretty easy to predict when they're gonna attack since Pokemon like Latios are usually just full on offensive as well. Ice Punch nails Gliscor, Dragonite, Salamence, Haxorus etc... Cross Chop is my STAB that nails Steel types and could sometimes get Excadrill on the switch

186.gif
@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Obviously all OU drizzle teams need Politoed, so here he is! n__n I'm using a Scarfed toed so revenge killing can be pulled off with ease. Not many can take a Rain boosted STAB'd Hydro Pump to the face and live to tell the tale. Ice Beam deals with Dragon and Grass types. Focus Blast destroys T-Tar, removing the weather status on the opponent. Allowing me to switch toed and send him in again. Hp Electric helps me deal with Gyarados, who was a huge threat to this team. Hp Electric is turning out to be better than Grass so it's staying.

479.gif
@ Choice Scarf
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SAtk / 192 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Sprite fail again :V Anyway, ScarfTom is fun to play, usually I'll just trick it onto an unsuspecting Pokemon like Ferrothorn and watch them suffer :3 I can also use the Scarf to my advantage and outspeed some threats and blast them with a rain boosted STAB Hydro Pump :] Hp Ice deals with those ever so annoying dragons whilst Volt Switch is my Electric STAB and my Gyarados killer.

149.gif
@ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SAtk / 32 Spd
- Hurricane
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

Usually it would be Thunder over Draco Meteor, but honestly I needed a good Dragon STAB. It works a treat, once this thing is out nothing can stop it except for a +5 Ice Fang Gyarados Hurricane becomes 100% In rain. Having a not-to-shabby Base 100 SpA stat is great, Surf hits Heatran and other things I don't like for good damage, Draco Meteor wrecks anything that is weak to it or that resists Hurricane and Surf. Roost is usually for healing off my SR Damage, Multiscale is an excellent ability. Definitely the MVP of the team.

Ending words

I've enjoyed using this team. It's quite strong once it gets set-up. Like I said Gyarados can be a main problem, I know that Rotom-W will be suggested, I just don't know what to replace.​

Incase you wanna rock this team <:

Code:
Mienshao (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 212 Atk / 44 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hi Jump Kick
- Fake Out

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Atk / 92 Def / 96 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Confuse Ray

Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 124 HP / 132 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance
- Cross Chop
- Sucker Punch

Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SAtk / 192 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SAtk / 32 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Surf
- Roost

Last edited:

Conjurer

The Verdant
Years
I'm going to take a moment to note that I've used the same title for at least three other rain RMTs, and so has a bunch of other people. :>

Moving onto the rate, I would recommend you replace your Bronzong with Ferrothorn, as the latter will definitely be a big help to counter Gyarados, and does basically the same thing as Bronzong. I'd consider using this spread:

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 244 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave / Protect / Spikes
- Power Whip / Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
yes i totally just stole this set from flamehaze

The basic idea is, switch it in on Gyarados as it Dragon Dances/Waterfalls, Leech Seed it and see what happens. Thunder Wave can be used for eh moments (by that I mean full paralysis ;o), and Protect does basically the same thing, bar the speed decrease. Spikes is a good run for your money if your foe is locked into Outrage. Also the rain decreases its fire weakness by half, so it's in the correct environment. Run Power Whip if you run Thunder Wave, protect otherwise. Stealth Rock is obvious, I should think.

Now looking at your current structure, I can see one major problem if you decide to replace Bronzong. Yep, Excadrill will run riot this team (with my said changes). For this case I'd suggest either CB Huge Power Azumarill or Tank Rotom-W, since both enjoys a decent boost from the rain. I'm not sure on who to replace, but my best guess would be either Scizor or Ludicolo, which makes you somewhat Latios-weak since it outspeeds ScarfToed, but then again Toxicroak's Sucker Punch will do a ton of damage. The sets I have in mind are, respectively, as follows:

Azumarill (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

I have this gut feeling that I'm missing a threat somewhere, but for now I just can't seem to find it, so eh. Hope I helped. :>

flamehaze94

Jeste!
Years
^ you're actually missing 4 EVs haha (stick them in SpD, you'll get the extra point)

But actually, looking at this team, Bronzong is possibly a better choice then Ferrothorn since it just straight up walls Excadrill and Landorus, two powerful sand sweepers that can threaten this team otherwise. I'd actually consider a more defensive spread with a Relaxed nature since you'll be relying on it alot for resistances and pivots.

Toxicroak would appreciate Substitute in the last slot. It helps you boost while behind a sheild and can play mind games with opponent with the threat of +2 Sucker Punch. If you want to go really offensive though, use Cross Chop / Brick Break as main STAB and then use Ice Punch to down all Gliscors. Drain Punch + Ice Punch is illegal so you'll have to pick one :(. Gliscor also happens to be some people's main U-turn sponge so after disposing of it, the opponent may find it hard to take Scizor's boosted U-turns. From there, you basically have the match made.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
I thought you weren't supposed to use Black Sludge because you're just turning your Toxicroak into Trick / Switcheroo bait?

... Pretty sure I battled this team exactly on PO yesterday.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Okay, thanks for the suggestions guys. I've main a load of changes to this team which I hope will do okay.

Changes
Bulk Up Toxicroak >> Offensive SD Toxicroak >> NP Toxicroak >> Full on Offensive Toxicroak
BulkyNite >> DD Haxorus >> BulkyNite
SubSeed Ludicolo >> Bulky Rotom-W >> TrickTom (Scarf)
CB Scizor >> CB Azumarill >> Lead Mienshao

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I thought you weren't supposed to use Black Sludge because you're just turning your Toxicroak into Trick / Switcheroo bait?

... Pretty sure I battled this team exactly on PO yesterday.

To be honest I don't think that situation would ever happen. I mean, sure, they can steal your Black Sludge and trick it to something else, sure, but that's like a waste of two turns their time and no one is going to try to trick a Toxicroak anyway cuz you'll be behind a sub. Not to say this change isn't bad or whatever but it doesn't mean much when people aren't really going to try to Trick Toxicroak in the first place.

Back