• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Hey gang; I got permission to write a small guide, just about dedication so that there are easy fixes to the problem of dying RPs~! Sooo I hope you'll enjoy this. ^__^

If you have any more ideas, feel free to say so~!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
I like it, Shawn!

Instead of putting a basic Application so it's easier for people to post, post Applications which requires thought filling out, not something that can be done in five seconds.

This is totally what I was thinking of doing for the RP that I've brought up so many times but haven't done yet! (the whole interview idea)

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
@Miss Doronjo

I love it! :D Those are some pretty good guidelines to help save dead RPs :DDDDD

*thumbs up*

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
-Nocturnal;6880932And it's a guide with a little humor what more can we ask? :)[/QUOTE said:
Why do I suddenly feel rejected? Maybe my humour isn't the same as yours...

Amazing guide there, Miss Doronjo. ;)

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
Why do I suddenly feel rejected? Maybe my humour isn't the same as yours...

I just don't get some of them :P *shot*

Just another advertisement, but I have two spots still open in "It Begins And Ends In The Stadium", if there is anyone interested.

Lol okay okay jeez you've said that for like *scrolls up* 3 times *shot again*

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
Years
Hey, hey, hey... I have two RPs. I've only advertised for this one twice, if I'm not mistaken. That was the second time. I've advertised the other one quite a bit, though.

Harebrained

Switch to decaf? Never!
Years
Helpful little guide, Miss Doronjo. I might have to be opening my own soon as it is. Maybe I just don't spend enough time on Pokemon forums, but it seems that every roleplay I look at is full up.

Although, I personally put only a small or moderate amount of effort into my applications. Left to my own devices, I could easily reach a few pages in Word during a 1-2 hour session, but there's very little as frustrating as to put that much into an application only to have the roleplay die shortly after or go poorly. It feels like such a waste of my time and mental energy, and I'm kind of paranoid about it.

Last edited:

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
It seems like if I took a count of the RP's in the past month with the words: Darkness, and Rising/Rises/Rise/Rising/or Uprise. There would be about ALL OF THEM. It just seems like those are very common title words.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I guess it would be nice to see a roleplay that doesn't have that title. Kind of make it sound redundant.

/hello i'm waddling back here because i'm going to try to get back into roleplaying. again.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I'm guilty of having one of those words in my RP. *Sulks head in shame*

Niriate

Rivalist
Years
Just checking around here for possible interest in a Pokemon RP focused on Contests and perhaps a Grand Festival in the end. In my opinion, it would be a great way to express creativity and create a link between the games and the anime since Contests are rather poorly expressed in the game while very expressive in the anime.

Thoughts?

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Eh, well, Disgaea is the only one of my roleplays that has that title, and its for a very good reason, y'know.

Which BTW, I made a Disgaea roleplay! http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=264411

[and ergh, yeah, I always misspell Disagea on the first try~ (shrug)]

What is Disgea?

Just checking around here for possible interest in a Pokemon RP focused on Contests and perhaps a Grand Festival in the end. In my opinion, it would be a great way to express creativity and create a link between the games and the anime since Contests are rather poorly expressed in the game while very expressive in the anime.

Thoughts?
People always talk about doing them, or used to, but I haven't ever seen one that interests me. It just seems like it could get repetitive.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Disgaea, as far as I know, is a game which heavily relies on tactics... I think. We have Disgaea 2 at work which I have been extremely keen on getting. <: Maybe I will today!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back