• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I've been meaning to RNG this guy for so long.

004.png
134.gif
004.png

Vappy
shiny.png
male.png
| Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Calm | Hydration | 31 16 31 31 31 31
Rest, Scald, Toxic, Wish.

A Pokémon I have always relied on... I just can't go past Vaporeon. When my brother first showed me how to play Pokémon on Pokémon Red when I was little, the first Pokémon I ever used was a Vaporeon, ever since that day, it has been my favourite Pokémon and has never changed. Whenever I used to play Red when I was little, my Vaporeon would always be so overlevelled because I would always use it over other Pokémon. Since then I have used countless Vaporeon, whether they were on my in-game teams, challenges, Pokémon Online teams, and more. On in-game teams, Vaporeon is always one of the, if not the best and most reliable Pokémon on the team. In generation I games, Vaporeon can be taught Ice Beam from the TM in Celadon City, giving it a great move. Vaporeon's high bulk allow it to take hits weaker Pokémon on in-game teams can't, and with 110 base Sp. Atk, it can do lots of damage with STAB Surf. I could always rely on Vaporeon in other games too, like Pokémon Mystry Dungeon, where I was a girl, just so I could play as Vaporeon, and later in Sky where she was my partner Pokémon, and one that never let me down. I've used tons of Vaporeon in my challenges over the years. In my Ultimate Trio-Species Challenge, it was always the hardest hitting and the best at taking hits of the three and in my Hall of Fame Challenge, on the last team, Vaporeon was the MVP and out of all the Pokémon that I had used in the entire challenge before it, it grew the most levels. Vaporeon is the Pokémon I always use on my Pokéwalker, so it never leaves my side... literally. I've used many Vaporeon on Pokémon Online with different movesets, but I've RNGed this one to match the one I am currently using. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that my Vaporeon is the Pokémon I rely on most. Mine knows Acid Armor, Scald, Rest and Toxic. It has a Calm nature because after an Acid Armor, his defence isn't a weak point anymore. I've made massive comebacks and swept many times with this Vaporeon. Using Drizzle to my advantage, I switch in, use Acid Armor, Rest if I need to, and then use Toxic followed by more Rests until the opponent slowly, but surely dies. His bulkiness takes so many people by surprise and I find him the funnest to battle with. This is why I have RNGed my favourite Pokémon, Vaporeon for the trusty talisman challenge!

CrazyMrHans

Drunk and slightly Irish
Years
How does one go about RNGing a roaming tornadus? From what I've read the rain really ****s up your PIDRNG, not to mention there's hardly a reliable way to find it.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I managed to figure out Wonder Card RNGing and did this Victini. It was pretty easy in the end to manage, PPRNG has gotten really good! I also RNGed a shiny Staryu, because I thought, why not? Now I just have to learn this 4th gen stuff, I really just want to RNG this Lugia to be flawless in SoulSilver.

Bag_Cherish_Ball_Sprite.png
494.gif
Bag_Cherish_Ball_Sprite.png

Victini | Level 50
Movie14 | 12031 | White
Jolly | Victory Star | 31 31 31 23 31 31
V-Create, Fusion Flare, Fusion Bolt, Searing Shot.

004.png
120.gif
004.png

Staryu
shiny.png
| Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Timid | Natural Cure | 31 4 31 31 31 31
Tackle, Harden, Gyro Ball, Light Screen.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
How does one go about RNGing a roaming tornadus? From what I've read the rain really ****s up your PIDRNG, not to mention there's hardly a reliable way to find it.

The only thing you can do is hit your seed and try to catch it with the right nature. It can take really long, so be patient. Good luck!

@ Vaporeon7
You made my want to get a shiny Staryu! Me, HeartGold, Good Rod, Shiny Flawless Timid Staryu, NOW!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Awww I love your Vaporeon...Vaporeon. XD It's so pretty and purple and we both RNG'd an Eevee so they can be best friends and stuff. Or somethin. idk. But I like it. :>

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
This has nothing to do with anything, but I successfully did my first 4th gen abuse!!

Spr_4p_280_s.png

♂ | Lv. 17 | Caught at Route 209 | Lv. 17
Bold Nature | Synchronize | OT: Wolf | ID: 00338
<Crap IV's> | obviously, shiny ^^;
Confusion | Double Team | Teleport | Lucky Chant​

May not be my lucky charm, but it does know Lucky Chant xD
This was caught to be a Synchronizer for Giratina...Shiny Giratina, here I come!

Very nice and good luck with future abuses! :D Now, go get the challenge done if you can. :D

Also, very good entries so far everyone B) I can see this will be difficult for me to choose.

oocyst

SOFTware
Years
Argh I did the challenge, also my first fishing RNG!

170.png

netball.png
Chinchou
Volt Absorb|lvl. 43|Calm
31|15|31|31|31|31
Bubblebeam|Signal Beam|Discharge|Aqua Ring

So ever since I played my first Pokemon game, Crystal, I've had Lanturn on my team. When I was just a little 8(?) year old boy I went out to New Bark Town and started fishing with my good rod. The first pokemon I got hooked was Chinchou, and it was love at first sight. I trained him until it turned into Lanturn, and I saw how strong he was. He was one of my favourites. So since then I have always had him in my playthrough teams in every game. Lanturn is just my faithful companion.

IN MEMORY OF LANTURN
(Who passed away in a milk spill)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I made this as a gift to someone, but clearly you can't tell who it's for! olooololloloLOLOLOL

pokeball.png
636.gif
pokeball.png

Toujours / Larvesta (f) lv. 1
Flame Body | Modest
Cedric | 26099
30/22/31/31/30/30 HP Rock 70
[ Ember, String Shot, Morning Sun, Hidden Power ]
-hatched in Desert Resort-

I wanted shiny, but just couldn't find one. I think this will do though. Most time on this was spent searching for a shiny spread. No luck, but I still like how this turned out. I like Volcarona's color shiny or regular anyway so...!

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Hello everyone! I'm the new guy here and I hope I can learn how to RNG properly like all of you so clearly can. I believe I understand everything as I've read through TwilightBlade's guide which was just completely amazing =p. I came here looking for a guide on RNG abusing and maybe for some tips from the pros, the first is accomplished so now I just need the second ^^. I've been trying to RNG a flawless shiny Rufflet as my fiancee thought it was the cutest Pokemon in all of existence, so I'll try posting that later on if I can get it >.<. Any general advice any of you could provide to a newbie? :)

EDIT: Just got it, what do you guys think? =) I don't yet have 15 posts so I can't use the images from the Pokecheck BBcode thing. v.v

627.gif
004.png

Rufflet ♂ lvl 1
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Sheer Force
OT: Shinies ♂ TID: 49098
IVs: 31/31/31/13/31/31
EVs: 0/0/0/0/0/0 - Untrained
Moves: Peck, Leer, Hone Claws, Aerial Ace
Met: Day-Care Couple

Last edited:

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
It's cool you've learned how to abuse, congrats! Your girlfriend is right, Ruffet is super cute! :)

Well, it's hard to give tips when there's no problem. If you find and obstacle while you RNG abue, just post here your problem and we'll try to solve it together. That's how our tips work.

For more practice in RNG, why don't you take part in our current challenge? you can read about it in the first post.

And a pr0tip: just post some random questions in Help Centers, or some general gaming threads. That's how I got my first 15 posts XD

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
It took me a bit to figure everything out.. I just went by smogon's guide, a few youtube videos, TwilightBlade's guide, and a few other random things I researched.

To be honest, it was a little discouraging at first because I was trying to find where my Pokemon were coming from, I wasn't getting Pokemon from my Seed at all. I have to thank TwilightBlade for the information that NPC's reset when you go onto a route and the method of biking up to the Day Care man.

It also helped a bit to determine the starting frame by calculating the IVs of the first egg you receive. For some strange reason though, after I found the actual starting frame and hard reset my game, I didn't hit my seed after starting my game. I don't know why or how (I'm 100% certain I pressed A on the exact second) but I didn't hit my seed o.o. I guess you need to go through everything multiple times to get your good pokemon.. Oh, and my target frame was only seven off of my initial frame, LUCKY! :D

I read about the challenge and it sounded interesting.. But I can't go and RNG a Mewtwo >.< I don't know how to RNG in Firered plus my Firered is at the beginning of the game. I guess I could go for SoulSilver but I'd have to start all over on that as well xD Too many Pokemon on there to just start over without transferring them though :S Maybe I can find someone to help me out. Also, the reason it would have to be Mewtwo is the fact that it's my favorite Pokemon, it has been ever since I played Red. Ahh.. The days when you could have a Mewtwo with Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Ice beam, Psychic and completely own the Elite 4 over and over with a pitiful nature.. Loved those childhood memories.

By the way, this is post #2 so I think staying here is upping my post count perfectly :P

EDIT: I think TwilightBlade's guide is twenty times better than Smogon's. ^-^

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Well the information about NPCs in Blade's guide is mine, actually, lol. I'm glad it helped.
Unfortunately, RNG mechanics in FRLG aren't fully discovered, so we can't abuse in those games yet. Also, 4th Gen has different mechanics than Black and White. You should've download Mewtwo event when it was available (or just not get it from the delivery man). :P
If you want to bump your post count, why don't you reply to the current discussion topic? Yes, you can find it in the first post as well. :D

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Oh then I'm thankful for your help =) Definitely 10/10 rated information. I know that 4th generation is different but it can't be more difficult than your game making you miss a seed just because it hates you.

My reply to the current topic.. Hmm.. Well I'm hoping that the mechanics for the Masuda Method are more effective in B2/W2. The only thing I think could change is maybe triple type Pokemon or double type moves based on White and black Kyurem. Ice/Fire Would dominate Parasect and other weird grass pokemon. If none of that happens then would White and Black Kyurem be missing their dragon type? =o

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Well, In 4th Gen your game hates you more. Let me explain.

In BW, your seed can be in the earlier part of the second, or in the later part of the second. You have to check this out on your own. This also depends on the seed itself. You have to feel it.
In 4th Gen you have to hit precisely target 1/50 of the second.

What did you say about the game hate? :P

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Hmm.. That is significantly harder of a seed to hit, but you just have to do it over and over until you finally get it~ So why is it so much easier in the fifth generation?

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Simple enough, I honestly don't see why the game has to be this random though O_o I guess it's to stop people from abusing the RNG system and to make it seem more random but the latter isn't a real problem. Also do you think it would be better for me to have a rufflet with 30 Sp.Attack or just the 13? I went with 13 because the frame was low but 30 would look nice =o

CrazyMrHans

Drunk and slightly Irish
Years
Simple enough, I honestly don't see why the game has to be this random though O_o I guess it's to stop people from abusing the RNG system and to make it seem more random but the latter isn't a real problem. Also do you think it would be better for me to have a rufflet with 30 Sp.Attack or just the 13? I went with 13 because the frame was low but 30 would look nice =o

If you think it looks cool do it! It's not as fun if it isn't challenging to get there, sometimes I want to throw my DS in frustration, but the harder the stuff you try and RNG (higher seeds, 12-15 second range, key-presses) the more you learn; and faster. You'll feel happier when you hit the seed and frame as well :P. I can try to give you tips about hitting your seed time, one such is that when you're trying to hit a delay you can sometimes preempt the time or not act quickly enough. What I'm trying to say is don't try and hit the exact second as it lands, because you might overcompensate and press too early, just hit it when you see it tick, and, provided you don't have .5 second reflexes, you'll be fine. Also, if you have key-presses I've found that the order seems to be important. Maybe I just focus harder when I follow an order, but I like to press in the order RNGReporter prints, and let go in reverse (so B-Select-Left is pressed in that order and released as Left-Select-B). It's probably just a stupid superstitious ritual, but it's helped me so idk, might work for you too. Most importantly though is try and make it fun, and don't focus exclusively on RNG'ing have a TV show or Music running in the background, that way you have something to focus on when you're mindlessly advancing your frame, I say mindlessly because you just work with your left and right hands at the same time, one on the numpad in notepad or whatever and the other on the d-pad, press one, press the other, that way you don't have to think.

tl;dr RNG challenging pokemon, don't stress over hitting seed time, key-pressing in order might help, have something else to focus on when doing the mindless sh*t, make the mindless sh*t reflexive.

This is all from me RNG'ing in B/W, so idk how much of it is relevant.

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Thanks for all the tips MrCrazyHans! =) You know what.. I'll be back with a second Rufflet, I'll just have one completely UT! There's a common saying that two are better than one, yes? =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back