• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Rollerskates??

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Running Shoes making a return?

Something else I noticed in the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y trailer, was that the character was not moving diagonally, more like in the same movement pattern as Generation V had. Did anyone notice the same thing? Does this mean that the Running Shoes make a return? This is the place to discuss about the Running Shoes in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
I loved the running shoes xD
Did the character only walked diagonally and vertically? I didn't notice that.
But now this topic makes me wonder if we're gonna have a bicycle in this game.

blue

gucci
Years

It's Roller Skates at one point.

whl5s0.png

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
The male character seemed to be using roller skates/ blades in one of the video snippets so I'm thinking that the running shoes may have been swapped out for them. At least it would make sense to go faster with skates on than a pair of magic shoes :P

Edit: Beaten

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years

Pretty sure I saw roller skates somewhere in there. I have to say, I kinda expected this lmao.

EDIT: Wow, double ninja'd. :/

Years
Yep, the male is definitely wearing rollerblades at one point. However, the protagonists clearly run at various points throughout the video, so... if the rollerblades replace anything, I'd say it'll be the Bike.

Alternatively, now that the world is fully 3D and probably at a larger scale (at least to some extent) than past games, maybe we'll automatically be able to run without the need of enabling Running Shoes, by the game just saying "Hold the B Button to run!"

Whether they're there or not, at least there's a quicker way to getting around the place before being given some kind of vehicle :P

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
The protagonist will most likely a running shoe and it seems that the bicycle is replaced with a rollerblade or something like that.

blue

gucci
Years
I'd prefer Skates to the Bicycle, it's been a feature in game for five generations now so it's about time they changed the transportation method, assuming there is no longer a Bicycle.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Why not skateboard?! It sucks for us skateboarders </3
Gold used a skateboard in the manga :(

I think changing the bike is a really good idea, we got tired of the bike let's change it x)

You think the way of transportation will be different with each protagonist?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
As you may or may not have noticed, it appears that there is some type of rollerskates/rollerblades that are going to be in Pokemon X and Y.
Spoiler:

What do you think they are? Will they replace the Running Shoes or Bicycle? Or just be a new form of transportation?

Discuss.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
I was about to make the same thread! xD

I think they will replace the Running Shoes. Although I think the bicycle will be replaced too. A motorbike maybe?

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Does this mean they're replacing the bike? I hope not. The bikes from the original games are nostalgic as hell. They should have it in there anyway, if only for the novelty.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Well i saw the protagonists running in the video so i think the rollerblades are replacing the bikes.I like the new addition and it actually makes sense to carry around a pair of rollerblades in your bag rather than a bicycle.

Years
I'm thinking that running will be an immediate option and that these are a step up or that they replace running shoes. Cycling is huge in Europe (especially France) isn't it? So I doubt that the bike is being replaced but then again Nintendo loves to surprise us it could be anything, hell maybe they are limited to a specific city.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Would be cool if you could have a shop and choose your 'Running Shoes' item. Alternatives could include: Rollerskates, Skateboards etc. Actually, this is also something that they could release as DLC.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Well it appears my thread was merged. Didn't noticed the other thread, oops. Anyway, I think they will be an option along with the Running Shoes. You will be able to run but also choose to roll on wheels if you'd want to. I don't see them replacing the bike since it is faster than the Running Shoes/Rollerskate and have been with the games since Gen 1. That would upset many fans including me.

Years
I think it'd be best if the skates replaced the bike. And like... There could be that random voice of a professor or someone saying "don't skate indoors!"

Because if you replaced running with skates, you couldn't go faster indoors.

Back