• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B2 or W2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
I know this sounds like it's in an irrelevant forum, but it really isn't. Just hear me out.

I was contemplating buying the new Pokemon game, but this came to mind.

I own Pokemon White, and I was just wondering If I should buy Pokemon Black 2, since I'll have both versions, unless of course the other one depends on the sanctity of the storyline.

So I was just wondering, should I buy White 2 or Black 2? I haven't actually fully beat White yet, I just want to know if getting the sequel of a different version will whack up the story at all. Thank you!

(P.S Sorry if this IS in an inproper sub-forum, I just have a day or two to decide, and I wanted to know if there was anything to be worried about :))

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
It depends. Some people stay with the same color for the sake of the story; If you picked White, you got Zekrom, who will NOT appear in White 2. Then there are people who went with the opposite color for the sake of getting the other Dragon. Story-wise it's mostly the same.

It all depends on you. Personally, I main White and White 2.

Years
Syltti's right, it's purely your decision which one you want to play.

But I'd agree with her and you should get White 2, cos Zekrom is in White and you can get Reshiram in White 2.

I played Black originally (which had Reshiram) and I plan on getting Black 2 (which has Zekrom) so that way, I'm not stuck with the same Legendary dragon I had.

So yes, you should get White 2 cos it continues from White.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
Syltti's right, it's purely your decision which one you want to play.

But I'd agree with her and you should get White 2, cos Zekrom is in White and you can get Reshiram in White 2.

I played Black originally (which had Reshiram) and I plan on getting Black 2 (which has Zekrom) so that way, I'm not stuck with the same Legendary dragon I had.

So yes, you should get White 2 cos it continues from White.

So if I get White 2, I'll have both Legendaries, but if I get Black 2, I'll only have 1? Is that the message you're implying? It really doesn't matter to me either way, I was just curious about that Black City place. White Forest is kinda boring :L

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
If Black City is all you really care about, then it really doesn't matter at all. Yes, we're implying that if you go from White to Black 2, you'll only get Zekrom. In White 2, however, White Forest got changed. You can no longer catch Pokemon there, and, like Black City, a type of endurance battle facility was setup. Black City and White forest are both like this.

Serebii - Black City and White Forest.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well this has been mostly answered, but if you have any further questions about which game to purchase & the differences between them, it goes in B2W2's Quick Questions, since it fits in the forum you're purchasing the games for. As a note, I had White as my main game last time (and Black too) and I got Black 2 & White 2, with only having played through B2 so far and the only thing different is the Pokemon really, and the look of Opelucid City (plus Black City/White Forest as mentioned). Reuniclus will still be in White, and Gothitelle will still be in Black, so it's up to whatever you want. :)
EkvQs.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back