• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Emerald's Final Battle

Years
Only in Pokemon Emerald, can you battle the former Champion, Steven Stone in a final battle. So my question for you today is. Did you ever know about this hidden battle with Steven? And if so, did you ever come out victorious in your battle?

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
Years
I felt that it was pretty awesome that you were actually able to fight the previous Champion of Hoenn in the form of a kind of hidden, post-game battle.

Although at first i did not know this existed, when i explored the Meteor Falls more and i found Steven i was shocked; a definitive moment in the whole game :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I don't believe I've ever known about it. If I had, I definitely wouldn't have given up my chance on battling him, haha. I'm a huge fan of the character, and always love seeing him appear in-game.

Years
What?, I mean, WHAT?!

I didn't even know about this!

That is so awesome man, I've played Emerald so long ago for the first time and I still dont know many things about it lmao. Thanks for asking, who knows how long would it take me to discover this on my own xD

Years
Yeah, I did remember finding out about it at some point. While it's a good enough fight, it didn't have quite the epic feeling as the Champion battle in RS did, and it's a shame you can't battle him more than one nor do you get anything from him.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 29, 2016
well I was exploring meteor falls and I challenged him with a steelix and swampert only and I was only able to beat his 2 pokemon in first try and then I challenged him again and I came out victorious. XD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I've really only battled him in Meteor Falls maybe a total of 7/2324787982 times. He's just obnoxiously out of the way and I only get to battle him once ever. It ain't worth it. As much as I love Steven I'm not about to go through a horde of Golbat and Solrock just to battle his weak team ONCE.

Years
Around the time Emerald came out, my dad--who pre-ordered and bought it for me--wouldn't give me it because I had broken my GBA SP, got my uncle to buy a new one, and then was made to pay off the cost of the new SP by my mom and stepdad. Why is this relevant? Well, while I was deprived of the game I managed to get the guidebook (made by that company that usually makes typos and mistakes), which is where I learned about the final battle. That being said, I might've battled Steven in my first file in Emerald as well as during a challenge playthrough on an Emerald ROM, but I haven't battled him in my current file because I'm trying to get all seven silver symbols with my team. (Going above level 50 makes them no longer viable to do the level 50 challenges.) Pretty sure I did win when I battled him, too.

Years
yeah i knew about the final battle against Steven, and i won after 7 tries and 3 hors of training...(damn, that cradily was so hard!)

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
Years
Only in Pokemon Emerald, can you battle the former Champion, Steven Stone in a final battle. So my question for you today is. Did you ever know about this hidden battle with Steven? And if so, did you ever come out victorious in your battle?

I honestly didn't know this and it makes me want to go back and play through the game again! Lol

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Yeah, I stumbled upon him whilst I was *still* looking for a Bagon. This was back when 10 year old me basically decided this Emerald game was so infinitely better than everything else I had on GBA that I would play it religiously, levelling all my pokémon to level 100 (I did eventually manage to capture every pokémon obtainable without trading and level them up to 100. God I was boring back then), so my pokémon were about high 60s after beating the Elite Four, doing some Battle Frontier and a load of rematches. He still absolutely wiped the floor with me.

Even now, him and Red are the only players I still struggle against even with ample preparation - before I EV trained my Metagross, Swampert and Latios for Battle Frontier I tried challenging him, Swampert soon became last man standing then he sent out Cradily. Post-EVs, Latios nearly one-shotted the entire team. Even then, Metagross vs. Metagross was extraordinarily even and I had to heal.

So back to the original questions: No, but yes. I discovered it on my own, so unlike some posters I already knew about it when reading this. Yes, I have been successful, many times. Also, it's my second favourite battle in the my first two generations (III and IV) after Red.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I've beaten him before with a really underleveled team, but I generally do not like battling him because then my pokemon go to higher than level 50, and then I would have to train them to 60 or more to go in the battle frontier stuff.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I think I may have discovered him on my own, but I really can't remember if I had read it somewhere or not. By the time I found him, I had a level 100 Blaziken, so of course I did come out victorious 8) Regardless, I loved how he was given this battle because it seemed he had been just shoved aside for the sake of changing things.

Years
  • Age 31
  • OH
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
I feel so old..I don't recall ever having this battle with him. Looks like I have a few others things I need to accomplish.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 28, 2015
I knew about him by discovering him on my own. I lost to him 5 times before I actually won with my blaziken

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
I discovered him after like a year of playing the game, haha. I was underlevelled even post-game, and was so not ready. Took a good few tries and good RNG to win a battle against him! Really happy he didn't just disappear or something because that would suck. I'd definitely like to rebattle him soon though. Haven't seen what his team is like in a while, haha. Time to replay Emerald! B)

Back