• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IMPORTANT: Seeking Volunteers - Trade Corner Moderator (CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Love_Ball_battle_II.png

The Pok?Community is currently seeking volunteers for the position of Trade Corner moderator. Interested in applying? Then read on!​

What is a PC moderator, and what are the responsibilities?
A Pok?Community moderator is responsible for not only keeping the forum clean and organized but also, just as importantly, discussing ways to grow and promote their designated forum. As a moderator you will have moderation abilities over all forums but be primarily responsible for the forum you are assigned to.

While your main role will be a moderator of Trade Corner and its child forum, we are also seeking moderators who will be engaged in not only their designated forum but also those who are motivated to discuss ways to improve the community overall. In an age where forums are not as frequently used as a hub for discussion, drive, innovation, and modernization are especially important. If promoted you will receive access to our staff forums where you can communicate with the rest of the team on how to push PC to new heights.

What are we looking for in a Trade Corner moderator?
The staff are looking for a staff member with experience in Pok?mon trading but also someone who understands the concepts of breeding, cloning, and hack checking.

How do I apply?
Please fill out the below application and send it to Sheep via Private Message.

1) Do you have experience in Pok?mon trading? How often have you traded?

2) Part of a Trade Corner moderator's responsibility is keeping an eye out for threads trading or asking for hacked Pok?mon, as it is against our rules. Do you feel comfortable differentiating between hacked and regular Pok?mon?

3) Do you have any suggestions or ideas on how the Trade Corner forum can be improved? Are there any changes you would recommend to its pinned threads or layout organization?

4) How long have you been a member of PC? If promoted, how much time do you feel you can dedicate to your role?

5) (Optional) Feel free to include anything else you feel would be relevant to this application.

When will applications close? How many new moderators are you looking to promote?
We will close applications when we feel we have found the right candidate(s). This can be as little as a week or as long as a month. We will close and edit this thread once suitable candidates have been found. The amount of new moderators we promote will depend on the applications we receive.

Once the staff have reached a decision and applications close, we will Private Message candidates we are interested in pursuing. Make sure to keep an eye on that inbox!​

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Hey all, Spirit Shackle here. I'm the current Trade Corner moderator. Given how much whoever we promote and I are going to need to communicate, I figure I could at least use this post to introduce myself.

I've been a PC member for a little over 2.5 years now, and a Moderator for around 4 months. I like Grass, Ice, and Dark types. I am a former competitive player in both the TCG and VGC. I have a relatively small collection of Shiny Pok?mon with my various OTs which get changed a lot due to me also moderating the Challenges subforum. I don't collect events, and don't have a trade shop despite Soapy telling me to make one for Arceus knows how long. Outside of Pok?mon I enjoy playing tennis, as well as a lot of other video games. I live in the Eastern US timezone. Nothing too abnormal, and probably only that last sentence was really relevant to the task at hand.

Trade Corner is one of the most hectic forums on PC, so having only one dedicated mod is a bit overwhelming, especially given my time for trading is running low at this point. Hence, we need some help.

Trade Corner's main issues at the moment stem from a lack of draw, lack of services, and really outdated rules. Like, REALLY outdated. Whenever we promote someone, I will almost immediately request help rewriting TC's 7 bajillion (read as: 5 or so) rules docs. A second moderator would be a huge boon in this project, as well as having a major voice in how the section will be run in the future. These will form the groundwork for the future of TC. Another thing I believe the Trade Corner needs is more people willing to help out with services like cloning and hack checking - a new TC mod would have a large voice in discussions about that.

I also want to be more open to the public about what they think. Anyone applying for this post should, in my opinion, be first and foremost willing to listen, second to make sound decisions, and third to act. The admins are looking for someone who will use their knowledge of trading, Trade Corner, and PC forums as a whole to make the Forums, especially TC, a better place for all users.

Okay phew that was long. If you have any questions about me, Trade Corner, or anything about being a moderator of Trade Corner, please do not hesitate to shoot me a PM on here or a DM on Discord (@ddrox13#7859, you can find me at the top of the userlist in the moderoids section of our PC Discord server).

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
I'm interested in this position. Although I cannot clone Pokemon, I do have a nice collection of pokemon.

Last edited:

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
I'll fire off an application. I'm getting back into the game anyway, and I've got several years of trading experience under my belt. I don't trade or battle as much as I used to, and these days it's usually just for breeds or very rare competitive events. Still, it'll be a pleasure to help get things back into shape if you need help. (I've basically got a college degree that revolves around writing the rules.)

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
lol what

Last edited:

Amy May

Banned
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Nov 13, 2021
@Sheep
@Spirit Shackle

- Despite that fact that I do have all the qualifications to suit the bill (both pokemon and position wise)... unfortunately, my sanity would probably not be ready for it and what it would involve.
- A few years ago I was a moderator of an android forum, but functioning as a moderator wasn't quite my cup of tea tbh. Plus, have the really bad habit of pushing myself too hard tbh without self control then getting overwhelmed. :s

But....
If you're in need of someone to function on a different level... like make the proper info postings regarding telling the difference between a completely legit and/or legal pokemon and a pokemon hack from Gen 3-6, etc... I am more than willing plus eager to help and function in that way instead.

I have a vast amount of experience and understanding when it comes to telling the legitimacy of both events from gen 3-6 and wild caught shinies obtained from prior to gen 5, plus a little from gen 5 itself. I also have a very good understanding of the rng function prior to 5th gen.
... I also have a very guilty pleasure of collecting hacks of all varieties, but most of all from 3rd and 4th gen in particular, just so I can learn more about them as a whole from each individual gen.

I have a very good understanding in 7th gen poke breeding (although i never used that function myself). Most my breeding experience comes from 6th gen and my X game is proof of that... almost my entire PC in there is nothing but a breeding arsenal. xD

Tbh, mainstream pokemon and I had a massive fall out after playing 7th gen then finding out what mainsteam pokemon was turning into after that point. So, my heart is in fangames now.

- Like I said, I don't think I would ever be ready to undertake such a responsibility personally. But would love to help in some other way if it's appreciated. :)

Years
@Amy May, that is of course appreciated. =) The trade forum would love it if you volunteered, especially in the hack checking thread if you're able! The more the merrier!!

Just want to let you guys that applications are currently still open. Though if anyone's interested in applying, we recommend getting your application in sooner rather than later.

Amy May

Banned
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Nov 13, 2021
@Amy May, that is of course appreciated. =) The trade forum would love it if you volunteered, especially in the hack checking thread if you're able! The more the merrier!!

Just want to let you guys that applications are currently still open. Though if anyone's interested in applying, we recommend getting your application in sooner rather than later.

cool i'll check it out sometime soon! :)

zaazx

Banned
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 11, 2018
AA???????USC????Q/??871416779????????????+???+??+????University of the Sunshine CoastAA???????USC????Q/??871416779????????????+???+??+????University of the Sunshine Coast

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 8, 2024
I'm always interested when these opportunities come. I was once a moderator on one forum for a short while in 2012 which took a lot of time been active plus I donated. I then got demoted back again though for arguing with an admin over something I cannot say here.

Years
Applications are now closed! Thank you for all of your interest. =) We'll be reaching out to anyone we'd like to pursue as a candidate within the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back