• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2019
REALLY NEED HELP HERE!!!

Sorry for the repost but I really need answers to these questions
Is there a way to increase the level cap in firered? If so how?
-as far as i know youcan't do that

Is there a way to increase the amount of TM's in firered? If so how?
-i don't think u can

Trying to use shiny hack maker to of course put in a shiny battle but whenever i make the script and insert it the game freezez as soon as I talk to the sprite to start the event, how do i fix this?
-that program probably has some bugs. learn to script!(something i need to do)

Is there a way to make the 25 pokemon between celebi and treecko appear in the pokedex? If so how?
-there is a way to add more slots in the pokedexbut you need to find the pokedex picture(s) in unlz-gba. u might have to do a deep scan. but i have no idea how to put those pokemon there and i don't think anyone knows how to either.

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
Here's a nice and juicy one:

Is it possible to determine wether a move is physical or special PER MOVE in EMERALD?
So, in other wordt, can ya make the combat system of emerald match the 4th gen?
Maybe by Hex editting? (If so, HOW?)

Last edited:

mat1554

French Translator
Years
Hi, I liked to have a list of ID in Advance MAP, for Pokemon FireRed.

ID for hidesprite
ID for showsprite
etc

And Can I make my own ID ?

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
I've got a problem I've been trying to crack for the past four hours - hoping someone can help me out here ^^; I'm trying to change the berry pictures - the images that show up in Ruby when you check a Berry's Tag. Now, I know that the offsets for the various berry graphics begin at 26BF8B and end at 26C0CD, but when I load these values into Tile Molester, I can't find anything that looks even remotely like a Berry, no matter what I do and no matter how I view the data (nothing but random pixelated nonsense). Has anyone actually successfully edited the berries in a Ruby hack before? Can anyone give me some advice?

Also, does anyone know anything about changing the order of the Pokédex in Ruby, and what Pokemon appear?

ghostofherooftime

Phantom of the Internet
Years
Disappearing sprite

OK, i've seen alot of talk about fadescreen and everything but i can NEVER find script that actually works to get a sprite (person, item, wild pokemon) to go away immediately. I walk away from it and come back and it's gone, but that looks unprofessional and tacky

Can someone tell me how to make the sprite disappear right there...a sample script would be appreciated. I use pokescript, but my hacking partner uses XSE so either would be fine

Thanks

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
Years
#org $begin
fadescreen 0x1
#raw 0x53
#raw 0xpersonno
#raw 0x0
setflag 0x (make person id, not person event #, listed at bottom, the same as this flag)
fadescreen 0x0
release
end

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
I have a question. Is there a simple way/tool in/for FRLG to change whether a type is physical or special? Or would one have to do it the long way of switching two types, such as dark and ghost, by renaming them and then switching the type of every respective pokemon and move?

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
OK, i've seen alot of talk about fadescreen and everything but i can NEVER find script that actually works to get a sprite (person, item, wild pokemon) to go away immediately. I walk away from it and come back and it's gone, but that looks unprofessional and tacky

Can someone tell me how to make the sprite disappear right there...a sample script would be appreciated. I use pokescript, but my hacking partner uses XSE so either would be fine

Thanks

Depending on what scripting launguage you use, it is:

PokéScript:
#raw 0x53 0x0(PERSON EVENT NO.) 0x00

XSE:
Hidesprite 0x(PERSON EVENT NO.)

Don't forget to use a setflag command to keep the sprite from reappearing.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
For some reason, Sappy 2006 closes whenever I press the Play button and gives me some error when I try to "Assemble that ugly thing!" It started happening once I reformatted my HD and re-installed windows. I got all the right files and I updated WMP. Can anyone please help?

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2009
can some one tell me where can i find newes finished hacks and especially shiny gold?

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
can some one tell me where can i find newes finished hacks and especially shiny gold?
You can search it with Google or go to the Hacks Showcase and select 'Beginning'. I would personally recommend you Naranja, all the Ruby Destiny series and ShinyGold.
And, this is not exactly the place to ask this.
----------------------------------------------
So, I downloaded TMolester. I'm like a Magikarp in the Distortion World. I can't do anything... I'm lost in the Programme.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2009
I assume these are scripting issues..

1) I've replaced Viridian Forest with a large underground cave, but it's still showing the Forest image when entering (Although it is showing the new name, Echo Cave) How do I change it to show, say, the image shown when entering Mt. Moon?

2) When editing scripts, be it signposts to people speaking (although in the end it's all the same thing), if I edit the text beyond the length of the original message, it either messes up other parts of the same script, or scripts of other people in the area. Is there a way to stop this?

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022

1) I've replaced Viridian Forest with a large underground cave, but it's still showing the Forest image when entering (Although it is showing the new name, Echo Cave) How do I change it to show, say, the image shown when entering Mt. Moon?

2) When editing scripts, be it signposts to people speaking (although in the end it's all the same thing), if I edit the text beyond the length of the original message, it either messes up other parts of the same script, or scripts of other people in the area. Is there a way to stop this?

Can't help much with the first part (I'm a Ruby hacker ^^; ), but the second problem is easy enough - when the text is bigger, simply repoint. An easy way to do this is to find some free space in your ROM with a program like FSF. Then, create a new "Person talking" script using these new offsets (one for the event itself, one for the text box), compile, and then copy the event offset ( 88D5F3, for example) into the little box in Advance Map labelled "Script Offset." The person should now say the longer text without glitching up anyone else ^^

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years

1) This happens and there is nothing you can do about it unfortunately :(
2) Pink Parka Girl gave you the right answer

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2009
Can't help much with the first part (I'm a Ruby hacker ^^; ), but the second problem is easy enough - when the text is bigger, simply repoint. An easy way to do this is to find some free space in your ROM with a program like FSF. Then, create a new "Person talking" script using these new offsets (one for the event itself, one for the text box), compile, and then copy the event offset ( 88D5F3, for example) into the little box in Advance Map labelled "Script Offset." The person should now say the longer text without glitching up anyone else ^^
I figured that'd be what I had to do, I just wanted to make sure it was before I went fiddling around with empty spaces and new offsets and such. Thanks.

1) This happens and there is nothing you can do about it unfortunately :(
Hmm.. I guess I could just run the exit warpzones to Mt Moon and vice verca or something for when I need them.. I'll have to do that if there's nothing else I can do.

Thanks, both of you :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2011
help me

when i make wild battle script the sprite disipears after the battle then comes back if you leave the area and come back
some one plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back