• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The American Politics Discussion Thread

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
You quoted a post and replied without knowing fully what i was talking about then you called me idiot without having the facts, I never said once the looming war or any war was Obama's fault. If your gonna quote someone and call them an idiot at least know what your talking about. The post you quoted was a response to an earlier post by someone else, if you look in the post you quoted its clearly obvious. so please tell me how I used it to defend myself when your the one who needs to think before u jump to conclusions. Your wrong and now your trying to weasel your way out of being wrong by saying I was wrong.. You're funny! :)

I said many times over I don't think he is the president to make the right decisions when the time comes. Also About my Obama care statement and the layoff yes they were happening before the obama care was brought up but now employers like papa johns are saying they will have to lay off a ton more employees to be able to afford Obama care

That brings me to my next point, which is something I stated in the last paragraph of my first post.

Politicians are stupid. You can read the whole thing if you want to, but I'm only going to bring a tiny bit of it up since it's not worth explaining a second time.

Bush put this country into a much deeper debt than ANY president has ever accomplished in a SINGLE term, and people are treating this like it's Obama's fault. They're taking the ignorance from Bush, and slamming it onto Obama because of 'Obamacare'.

I still don't know what Obamacare is, and frankly I don't care. The only thing that grabs my attention is what a politician says which is usually moronic, or what a President has done in his years in office.

Romney claims that we as Americans can't admit that we were better off when Obama took office. This is an example that Romney is a bold-faced and idiotic liar. He's just full of himself. You can't honestly believe that if you look at it this way:

Rich People pay more, Poor people get breaks, More Jobs are created.

Romney's Plan: Rich People get breaks, Poor people pay more, More jobs created.

There's a lot more mumbo-jumbo between them, but those are the facts that I'm most worried about, since it's something this country needs to fix on in order to repair itself. Medicare and Obamacare won't do that.

Frankly, I'm an independent. I don't care who wins, as long as it doesn't completely destroy the lower/middle-class, which IS something Romney would have done, if not make it exponentially worse.

So... apologies if I don't have all my facts right, but at least I'm one of the very few decent Americans who's actually worried about it's economy instead of pointless crap like War. Sure Obama has done stupid things sometimes, but that doesn't make him a bad President. He's repaired the job market, and he's been 'WORKING' on the stability of the economy.

Everyone has to assume that Obama can fix the economy in only 4 years. He probably won't do it in 8. No human being can. So hence, I decided on giving Obama a second chance to see if he could further expand on what he said 4 years ago, and maybe get this country back on the right track.

/endrant

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
This is odd, coming from me, but both of you really need to take a

yke1353043521v.jpg

****, yall might as well take two.

Anyway, Romney touted his experience at Bain as reason why he would be able to create jobs. Even though, in the last few years, Bain has been outsourcing more and more jobs. If anything, his experience at Bain taught him how to slowly kill a nations economy.

Edit - Were those two directed at my comment, or was it just KC and Pie starting their *****-fest?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Anyway, Romney touted his experience at Bain as reason why he would be able to create jobs. Even though, in the last few years, Bain has been outsourcing more and more jobs. If anything, his experience at Bain taught him how to slowly kill a nations economy.
True. But, he hasn't been at Bain since 1999. I think. Hard to tell with him XD

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
As I said, slowly kill. :)

Anyway, their was a lot of issues over some filings in the SEC related to Bain, and about how he was still working with them after he 'supposedly' quit.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years

Rodriguezjames55

No Jokes #MegaCharizard
Years
to be honestly Romney screwed himself up if i was him i would have took sandy as a gift from God and help those in need to woo over the middle class who view him as uncaring and potentionally take some blue states

i honestly hate the two party system #mexicoismoredemocratic

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
to be honestly Romney screwed himself up if i was him i would have took sandy as a gift from God and help those in need to woo over the middle class who view him as uncaring and potentionally take some blue states

i honestly hate the two party system #mexicoismoredemocratic

By the time Sandy hit, the chances of Romney winning were incredibly small and there was nothing he possibly could have done to pick up any blue states- "help those in need?" How? Obama could look presidential and in charge, but Romney held no position of power anywhere and any attempts to do anything would have been seen as propaganda, as it happened with the Ohio rally. And, as I said, his position in the state polls by the last week was so horrible only Obama pulling off a Bush-like disaster ala Katrina could have possibly helped him. Christie was the nail on the coffin but he was already dead by then.

Also, Mexico is more democratic? A country where one party ruled for 71 straight years, and was only defeated for two terms before returning to power recently? Even Utah has had more alternance of power.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
I gotta admit it helped him win, seeing how he reacted to the disaster I was even impressed.

We'll be pushing for an investigation to determine to real winner, and not the rigged result that was televised.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
We'll be pushing for an investigation to determine to real winner, and not rigged result that was televised.

Please, no more conspiracies. Romney accepted defeat. He congratulated Obama. It's over. Let it be and move on. This need of yours and others to insist that Obama could only have won if he cheated in some way is not at all what your country needs. Right now, it needs everyone working together to solve problems. Whining and pointing fingers does nothing except to satisfy bloated egos.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Please, no more conspiracies. Romney accepted defeat. He congratulated Obama. It's over. Let it be and move on. This need of yours and others to insist that Obama could only have won if he cheated in some way is not at all what your country needs. Right now, it needs everyone working together to solve problems. Whining and pointing fingers does nothing except to satisfy bloated egos.

Romney was never really running for President. He is a Bilderger just like Obama. The result was predetermined before the primaries even began.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Sorta like how Bush won when Fox News said he won, and then every other place said Al Gore didn't win because Fox News said Bush won?

Bush when the U.S. Supreme Court said he won. Fox News had nothing to do with it.

Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
Romney was never really running for President. He is a Bilderger just like Obama. The result was predetermined before the primaries even began.

Yeah. Right. Okay. I'm going to assume you're referring to the Bilderberg Group, and if you are then let me just say that's probably the most ridiculous assertion I've ever heard. It's not even remotely accurate which makes me wonder why you'd make such a claim.

Here's a nice little list of participants, past and current:

Thomas E. Donilon (2012),[3] Executive Vice President for Law and Policy at Fannie Mae (1999–2005), Current National Security Advisor for The White House.
Roger Altman (2008, 2009),[2][97] Deputy Treasury Secretary from 1993–1994, Founder and Chairman of Evercore Partners
George W. Ball (1954, 1993),[98] Under Secretary of State 1961–1968, Ambassador to U.N. 1968 (deceased)
Sandy Berger (1999),[99] National Security Advisor, 1997–2001
Timothy Geithner (2008, 2009),[2][97] Treasury Secretary
Dick Gephardt (2012),[3] former Congressman and House Majority Leader
Lee H. Hamilton (1997),[8][better source needed] former Congressman
Christian Herter,[100] (1961, 1963, 1964, 1966), 53rd United States Secretary of State (deceased)
Charles Douglas Jackson (1957, 1958, 1960),[101] Special Assistant to the President (deceased)
Joseph E. Johnson[102] (1954), President Carnegie Endowment for International Peace (deceased)
Henry Kissinger (1957, 1964, 1966, 1971, 1973, 1974, 1977, 2008, 2009, 2010,[20] 2011, 2012[3]),[68][103] 56th United States Secretary of State
Richard Perle (2011), Chairman of the Defense Policy Board Advisory Committee 2001–2003, United States Assistant Secretary of Defense 1981–1987 [69]
Colin Powell (1997),[8][better source needed] 65th United States Secretary of State
Condoleezza Rice (2008),[2] 66th United States Secretary of State
George P. Shultz (2008),[2] 60th United States Secretary of State
Lawrence Summers,[97] Director of the National Economic Council
Paul Volcker[when?],[97] Chair of the President's Economic Recovery Advisory Board and Chairman of the Federal Reserve from 1979–1987
Bing West (2010),[20] author and former Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs
Robert Zoellick (2008–2012),[2][3][11][19][20] former Trade Representative, former Deputy Secretary of State and former President of the World Bank Group

Presidents

Bill Clinton (1991),[93][94] President 1993–2001
Gerald Ford (1964, 1966),[12][104] President 1974–1977 (deceased)

Senators

Tom Daschle (2008),[2] Senator from South Dakota 1987-2005
John Edwards (2004),[105][106] Senator from North Carolina 1999–2005
Chuck Hagel (1999, 2000),[107] Senator from Nebraska 1997–2009
John Kerry (2012),[3] Senator from Massachusetts 1985–present
Sam Nunn (1996, 1997),[8][better source needed] Senator from Georgia 1972–1997

Governors

Mitchell Daniels (2012)[108] Governor of Indiana 2004–present
Jon Huntsman, Jr. (2012),[3] Governor of Utah 2005–2009
Rick Perry (2007),[109] Governor of Texas 2000–present
Mark Sanford (2008),[110] Governor of South Carolina 2003–2011
Kathleen Sebelius (2008),[2] Governor of Kansas 2003-2009

Now, unless you have information that I don't, please, show it.

Rodriguezjames55

No Jokes #MegaCharizard
Years
By the time Sandy hit, the chances of Romney winning were incredibly small and there was nothing he possibly could have done to pick up any blue states- "help those in need?" How? Obama could look presidential and in charge, but Romney held no position of power anywhere and any attempts to do anything would have been seen as propaganda, as it happened with the Ohio rally. And, as I said, his position in the state polls by the last week was so horrible only Obama pulling off a Bush-like disaster ala Katrina could have possibly helped him. Christie was the nail on the coffin but he was already dead by then.

Also, Mexico is more democratic? A country where one party ruled for 71 straight years, and was only defeated for two terms before returning to power recently? Even Utah has had more alternance of power.

mexico has more than 2 parties the people vote the same party over and over but their elections are far more democratic

Years
The election's over, but the mad, mad world of American politics goes on.

Susan Rice, ambassador to the United Nations, has been under attack from Republicans because she might be nominated for Hilary Clinton's job (Secretary of State) if and when Clinton steps down. Why they doing this? According to John McCain and other Republican senators it's because they have deep, deep concerns about the Bengazi attack (in which the ambassador to Libya was killed) and Rice's subsequent appearances on television to deliver some info to the people about it, info which wasn't the whole picture and didn't include talk of it being a terrorist attack. This, they say, is UNACCEPTABLE. It's POLITICAL MANEUVERING! And so on. Even after McCain and others got to talk to Rice and the acting director of the CIA for an hour face-to-face behind closed doors, they still have so, so, so many questions and couldn't possibly consider confirming Rice to the post of Secretary of State without those questions being answered.

Oh, and TOTALLY NOT RELATED, but Rice is one of two people whose names have been floating around as possible replacements for Clinton, the other name being John Kerry, who all the Republicans says they would love to confirm. The fact that Kerry is a sitting senator from Massachusetts (where Republicans just lost Scott Brown's seat to Elizabeth Warren) and would have to vacate that seat and cause a special election to fill it and which might possibly give Republicans an extra seat in the Senate which they could use to filibuster everything Democrats try to get done there and subsequently call Obama's leadership ineffectual has absolutely nothing at all to do with Republicans' attacks on Rice. No, nothing at all.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Another week over, another deal rejected, and America inches closer to the edge of the cliff.

How do you think this will end? What solution or compromise would you like to see?

I kind of like that Boehner upped the tax level to 1million. $250,000 seemed too low to me. That's middle class in my eyes. Obama bumped it to $400,000. Better. But I think the "sweet spot" compromise is $750,000.

Increasing marginal income taxes on upper income earners aside (because that's really the simplest part of this puzzle, I think), I'm hoping to see more real specifics on spending cuts. Because right now the Republicans seem to be suggesting a vague "cut something" and the Democrats are giving an equally unproductive "we'll talk about cuts after you agree to the tax increase". Cuts need to happen. There was efficiencies to be had, but I don't think anyone is being specific enough yet

Also, tax code reform and implementing more of what was covered in Simpson-Bowles as they've already done a lot of legwork

Back