• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
i made a boxart for shinygold! Yay!
[insert pic here]
credit to green charizard for the "shiny gold version" text.
Pretty good, but arr ye be givin' pirates some material. I think Zel said a few pages back that boxart wasn't a good idea because of pirates. ;)

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I don't really know what you guys were doing, but I found Scizz' post and I can pretty much imagine... :(
I'll say something more detailed about it later...

Well, first of all, don't get confused, I'm studying for an exam that's coming within a week (don't forget I'm at Uni, so we need to study and do a lot of exercises for some time). This means, that my studying is nowhere complete, and it will be another hard week for me, too (Just to let you know, my exam comes Monday 26th, and I may have a second chance the next Monday, in case I blew the first one, let's hope not :P)

Another thing: As you can see, I'm avoiding the whole "Red Gyarados" thing, so you can discuss about it all you want, but for me, you know, I don't want to deal with that matter for some time, till I think I'm ready.

Thanks for your answer, zel ;) I saw something about 6-8 pages back about a new pallet/tileset for the game, is that going to be in, too?

Yes, the new Beta will already have all those tiles... ;)

One question:There are some headbutt trees which I can't headbutt,why?(I did exactly your headbutt walkthrough)

If you have headbutt and you speak with a tree, and a "click" doesn't sounds, well, that tree cannot be headbutted (there are a lot of un-headbutteable trees), but that's all I can think about it.

hey zel will karate king be in the next beta so we can get a tyroge after beating him?

yea what going to ahppen with myster gift anything to replace it?

Yes, KK should be in the next Beta (even though I haven't scripted him, I got carried away to reach the E4 quickly, and I forgot to update a few places, now that we have Waterfall)
And the Mystery Gift, well, the girl tells you what you need to write in the Marts in order to activate it, and it would work as it does in Fire Red, cannot change that.

Are you going to add new areas to Kanto?

A few, mainly as hidden places to find new pokes, or some tough secret trainers, or items, or etc.

Now the butt-kissing is out of the way...confession time. I read the FAQ on the first post and there was a questions saying "What's that 'Your mom is so fat' thing?". Well...if the line was "Your mum is so fat she eats children (etc. etc.)" then I believe that's my doing.

When FireRed FIRST came out, I made a dump of the cart when I bought it and, as a kind of proof of concept to show my friends that rom hacking is indeed possible, I hacked those lines with a childish retort.

I forgot about it, and began putting the rom, along with others, on torrent sites.

So sorry if it's got you any stick, Zel! Damn my immature mind of two-and-a-half years ago. :D

Awesome hack, keep up the good work - I loved the 2nd gen so much (it's still my favourite generation) and to be able to play it in glorious GBA-o-vision is like a dream come true. :)

JOJO! Now we know more about it! :laugh:

zel, I was bored the other day so I made these, feel free to use them if you want:
sguf9.png

I don't really know if this was a banner, or what was it... But well, I guess I'm not gonna need it (at least, archer made some use of it :P). I'd recommend you to keep playing with music, and perhaps writing a guide about it, just in case you are bored... jojo... ;);)

That's all I have about it...

But...

Yes, I've made a video about the E4, I hope this is enough to have you entertained while I'm still studying. I also hope it doesn't generates a lot of anxiety to you people (but if it does, I can simply remove it), well, enjoy it That thing in the middle was caused by the version of the Video Editor I used, forget about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GvBNV3zkbw

Well, just two things: the name "Elite Four" has been replaced so I can rename common trainers as "EliteTrainers" and they would get a different music.
And, the other thing is that the E4 rooms are gonna be definitive for B4, but not for the final version of the game.

OK, now, time to get serious...

How many times have I said not to spam the thread? Well, I guess enough to get a bit mad about it. Since I'll have to go away again for some time, which will most likely generate some spam again, I encourage the more responsible users to follow Scizz' advise...

Also, how about the report button will be made use of? Instead of pointlessy posting replies about how much you want a staff member to take care of things here, a simple click on that button (
report.gif
) and a typing in a reason will work wonders, trust me.

I'll show up during the week (most likely this Wednesday) to see what's going on, but I don't want to find out more spam has been produced, or warnings have been sent (because, if you ask me, it's not nice to know people are getting warned/banned because of posting on my thread, even when they post spam). So, if the situation repeats, I'll simply close the thread and you'd have to wait till I end up my studies.
So, please, I don't want to do that. Once again, follow the rules, and report those who don't by using the button or calling Scizz (he doesn't bites, trust me, unless you are not following rules ;))

I shall be going, expect me again on Wednesday, be good people, please!

vx4theflash

Let's play with my fire!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 16, 2008
Uhm,I saw your video.And why don't you change Lance as a "Champion" instead of EliteTrainer?Because Lance is the Champion of Johto,I hope you mind it.
And can you improve the Gold's sprite when he doing both surfing and fishing?I don't want it to be like this:
PokemonShinyGold.png

Two Gold on a Lapras???
Ok,bye.And good luck to you and your great hack!

EDIT1:Will you increase level of the E4's Pokemon?In the original game,they are too weak.A champion like Lance maybe should have some lv.65->70 pokemon,huh?

Last edited:

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
Years
hey zel, maybe you mentioned it in your last post (i mainly skimmed) and you probably aready know, you've got will and karens over-world sprites switched. Are you gonna fix it before the new beta comes??

rune the 1st

......................... .....
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2008
Hey zel are you going to make a second wave of the elite 4? or elitetrainer..

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Uhm,I saw your video.And why don't you change Lance as a "Champion" instead of EliteTrainer?Because Lance is the Champion of Johto,I hope you mind it.
And can you improve the Gold's sprite when he doing both surfing and fishing?I don't want it to be like this:
PokemonShinyGold.png

Two Gold on a Lapras???
Ok,bye.And good luck to you and your great hack!

EDIT1:Will you increase level of the E4's Pokemon?In the original game,they are too weak.A champion like Lance maybe should have some lv.65->70 pokemon,huh?

No to what's in bold. 65->70 pokemon levels is way to high for the first try, maybe if zel puts in the second wave like Rune the 1st asked, then they can come close to that, but lv.70 pokemon is nearly Red's poke levels. I think it was around 74-81. But 81 was his weak Pikachu.

Anyways, the first try should not have poke levels THAT high, only the second wave, and even then, it's negotiable weather we should have those levels.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2012
It's wonderful work, however I happend to notice that there are 0 new pokemon in the beginning of wild..all from the first generation. this a glitch or just way you made it...anyways cheers =p

Ugh, need some help here, I got far last evolve form of the beginner pokemon, also I just beat this new bad rival dude by the ice cave, you no where gold garadose is suppose to be, on the far right past town and pc center, there are trainers and then you come to cave for the last bage.....ugh cant go through

Last edited by a moderator:

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Does anyone know if the chance of encountering a shiny is the same in this game?

Yes, its still the same possibility of encountering a shiny in any of game, in matter of fact, i caught shiny rattata earlier in SG, so dont fret about that. :D

Years
ooh yea a flashcart would be nice...
anyways, i dont know if im too late for this question, but has anyone revamped or redone the old Pokemon Gold music?

rune the 1st

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2008
Even if they did zel (not that I'm informed of) doesn't know how to put in those music

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
come on

Ugh, need some help here, I got far last evolve form of the beginner pokemon, also I just beat this new bad rival dude by the ice cave, you no where gold garadose is suppose to be, on the far right past town and pc center, there are trainers and then you come to cave for the last bage.....ugh cant go through

dude, read back a few pages no one wants to answer these questions anymore

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
Hey, what's with the trainers' names? Some trainers have a ! after their names (LUNG!, KEN!, etc.) and others don't even show a legitimate name, like /1TRAINER5. How'd that happen?

rune the 1st

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2008
zel already knows about that....IDK what it is but he does.....anyways i dont think he'll fix it cause he found out about it a while ago...

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Hey, what's with the trainers' names? Some trainers have a ! after their names (LUNG!, KEN!, etc.) and others don't even show a legitimate name, like /1TRAINER5. How'd that happen?

I dont think zel needs to answer this post,

:bone: Even though not a glitch, the trainers' names will still have that "!" or be called "xTrainer/y", since I need something to remind me what I have edited already, and what's left to edit. Please, avoid posting about it this time...

The reason for the trainer names, is because those are the only trainers your going to be able to rebattle them after with them once. Please read the FIRST POST.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Wow... if I had a dollar for every time someone posted a glitch that's on the first post, I'd be one rich ......

Anyways, zel. Why did you change the names to EliteTrainers instead of keeping Elite Four? And what do you mean by the E4 rooms will be definitive in B4, but not in the final version of the game? I'm lost about that.

EDIT: Zel, edit the first post, one of flipboi's banners got removed from ImageShack due to high bandwidth usage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back