• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Foo Fighters are going on hiatus :(

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Apparently they are.

Foo Fighters Say So Long, Neil Young Stomps at Global Citizen Festival
Dave Grohl delivered more warnings that the Foo Fighters will be staying away for a very long time at the massive Global Citizen Festival in New York's Central Park on Saturday, flatly telling the estimated 60,000-plus fans that "this is it."

"Without making a big deal out of it, we don't have any shows after this. This is it, man," the frontman said before the band ripped into "Learn to Fly," their fourth song of the night. "Honestly, I don't know when we're gonna do it again... and this is the perfect place to do it."

The place was the Great Lawn. The view for Grohl and company was a sea of devotees and the NYC skyline about 25 blocks to the south. The free, ticketed event that inspired the group was spearheaded by the Global Poverty Project, an advocacy group that works to end extreme poverty. Somali-Canadian singer K'Naan and indie rockers Band of Horses opened with brief sets.

Foo's intensely all-in performance kicked off with "Times Like These" -- "This song was written for nights like this," Grohl mused, and the night was dotted with stadium anthems like "All My Life," "My Hero" and "Best of You."

Before set closer "Everlong," Grohl's message to the leaping, arm-waving masses contained a hopeful opening, "I don't know when, but we'll see you again."
Source

So I want to know what you guys think of this.

As a fan of their music, I am very devastated to hear this news. Foo Fighters were definitely a band that changed rock music and were part of what it is today. They were truly an amazing band that changed many people's lives. I really hope that isn't an official break up but just a temporarily break from music. I really appreciated what Dave Grohl and his mates did and thank them for it. They truly were great and I wish they good luck in the future and hope for their return.

Years
:'( I love the Foo Fighters and all they have done for music (Grohl Especially). I hope they come back soon and bring us more great songs.

Treecko

Years
I thought they already went on hiatus at there last uk show a few weeks ago.

From what I heard Grohl announced it before their performance of "Learn Too Fly" at the Global Citizen Festival in New York's Central Park on Saturday(September 29).

Last edited:

kuzronk

Banned
Years
From what I heard Grohl announced it before their performance of "Learn Too Fly" at the Global Citizen Festival in New York's Central Park on Saturday(September 29).

With their headlining spot at the Reading Festival, the Foo Fighters (led by ex Nirvana Dave Grohl) closed their long tour in support of the latest album Wasting Light. While on stage, Grohl talked to the huge crowd and he said: "Well, well, well. The ****ing Reading festival. You guys realise we've got a lot of songs to play. It's the last show of the tour and it's the last show for a long time".
That is what he said a month or so at reading in uk.

Treecko

Years
With their headlining spot at the Reading Festival, the Foo Fighters (led by ex Nirvana Dave Grohl) closed their long tour in support of the latest album Wasting Light. While on stage, Grohl talked to the huge crowd and he said: "Well, well, well. The ****ing Reading festival. You guys realise we've got a lot of songs to play. It's the last show of the tour and it's the last show for a long time".
That is what he said a month or so at reading in uk.

Hm. I'm not sure then, but I think this time it's pretty legit since they did play at the Global Citizen Festival on Saturday and made that announced. It's devastating to know that they're gone for now. Hopefully they make a return though.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm sure they'll be back. Everyone needs a break, even from something they love. Best of You is an amazing song though. I remember when it came out, I hated it and didn't understand it. Few years later, it made sense haha.

White_Arcanine

Lonely and annoying.
Years
It's a shame that they're going on hiatus, but it's not like they came to a tragic ending like Nirvana. I'm sure they just wanted a little break from each other ya know, the world is wide and filled with many great people to meet.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
For smaller bands, in my experience, hiatus means the end lol. But for a larger-scale band like the Foo Fighters, there's no doubt they'll be back. :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Aw man. I love the foo fighters. Glad I saw them in May when I had the chance!

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Hm. I'm not sure then, but I think this time it's pretty legit since they did play at the Global Citizen Festival on Saturday and made that announced. It's devastating to know that they're gone for now. Hopefully they make a return though.
I'm hoping that this will be like the Killer's hiatus, where they are able to come back and everything is how they left it. Its a shame because I really liked their new album and was looking forward to new stuff.

Back