• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Museums

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Oceanic_Museum_E.png
Lilycove_Museum_E.png
In Pokémon R/S/E we had access to two museums, the Oceanic Museum, which focused on information about the sea and ships, and the Lilycove Museum, which was more of an art museum. Which museum did you like better? If you could have only had one which would it be? Did you learn anything from the Oceanic Museum? Did you fill up all the empty paintings in the Lilycove Museum?

Discuss

Spr_3r_297.png

So Tawny~

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't even want to go to the museum in real life, lmao. Lilycove Museum is more interesting imo. Don't remember what's in there, but your contest efforts are rewarded when you win Master Rank. Paintings of your Pokemon are neat. So yeah, that's what puts it over the top imo.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I used to spend at least $5000 in every game cuz I loved revisiting them. I filled all the paintings by winning contests lol. That weird space thingy is cool xD.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I only returned to the lillycove one because I love looking at my pokemon in the painting. Yes I did complete them all. I did not really like the Oceania one as I found it really boring after doing the Aqua event there.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
I liked the ocean museum, mainly due to the fact that it had some real life facts about the ocean, the art museum was nice but got boring after the first look, especially since I'm not very much of a contest person. I really don't visit either of them much at all, but hey.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I liked both back then, the oceanic museum was rather interesting and fit rather well with the region seeing how Hoenn had so much water. That and I enjoyed going to the art museum to try and find anything relating to GSC at the time.

Years
Slateport's Oceanic Museum was pretty cool, especially with all of the different tidbits about the ocean that you could read, and I much preferred it to Lilycove's museum. Since I put little effort into contests, the top floor of the museum was always empty, so I had no real incentive to go back.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I think I liked Oceanic Museum more because I actually learnt something from it. The music was like the SS. Anne, and that made me happy. I was young on my first visit, so I did learn lots of stuff, such as why sea water is blue. I did fill up all the paintings in Lilycove too, all of them Seedot.

JustChillin810

xX_ElectricPikachu_Xx
Years
I didn't really love either of them but I liked the Lilycove Museum better because it actually had something to do with your adventure. I would probably visit the oceanic museum though because it would actually be pretty interesting in real life.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
I liked more of Lilycove Museum. It's awesome seeing pictures of your Pokemon inside it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
The oceanic museum had nice music, although I knew pretty much everything it explained already.

Whilst i'm not a fan of art museums, I liked Lilycove's museum slightly more than the oceanic museum due to having paintings of my own pokémon in it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I never hung out much in Lilycove tbh. But I sometimes walked around and read everything in the Oceanic museum of Slateport. I kind of like the kind of interesting information they had there, just enough science-y ^^ So I guess I prefer that one.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I always loved the Oceanic Museum, particularly in Ruby/Sapphire, 'cause in Emerald they removed all references to Johto and Kanto, which I thought sucked :(

The Lilycove Museum was OK as well, but just kind of boring, to be honest.

Years
The Oceanic Museum for me, since the only Master Rank contest I ever won was a Beauty category with a Roselia. Also, the Oceanic Museum has lots of fun facts!

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
I really liked the idea of that museum of paintings. just didn't know how to fill them up?? If anyone knows can they tell me???

You have to win the Master Rank in all the Competitions.Each time you win a different one a painting is filled with that Pokemon.
I recently found out too and i am gonna to fill them all on this Emerald Playthrough
Aside from the painting filling the museum feels empty.Nothing much to see or do unlike the other one.

Sirfetch’d

The Oceanic one was nicer to me because it was really the only one I ever visited. The other was kind of secluded and wasn't really necessary to even visit.

Back