• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlier

What are the chances of Nintendo putting the original Donkey Kong Country games on the eShop?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Not sure, but if they did, I'd definitely download them. As for F-Zero—I would really like it if they made a sequel to GX (wouldn't mind if made a remake, either). I'm a big fan of F-Zero, and seeing them dropping it like that was just… y'know. ):

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Well he has been in the Smash Bro's series and I guess Nintendo would have a whole in it's heart if they dropped him...

I got a 50 dollar gift card so that makes 100 dollars to buy a PSP!!!! sweet which one is easier to you know umm hack?

Nakala Pri

I finally go my hands on Pokemon X!! ^^ Well, I'll have to settle for it since Pokemon Y was sold out. :X But who cares? At the end of the day I've got my little Pandora (Skunktank) to keep me company. C:

Honestly, how rushed WAS this game? It's still awesome but you can totally notice how rushed or pressured they were to hurry the freak up and release it... maybe we shouldn't have begged so bad, 'cos now it's just a mass of... I dunno, bugs and Rock types? xD

Still one of my faves tho. C:

Does anyone know where I can get a damn flying type which can learn fly instantaneously? 'Cos there are some stylish freaks who are summoning rocks and I apparently have to fly in the city to get there... if only I listened and got a Fletching at the start. ;-;

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
You get given fly so just like get a wingull or something that will be boxed immidiatly teach it fly and WOOF! off into the sunset on your wingull that somehow can hold your weight.

Nakala Pri

I'll run cross country to Cyllage City (AGAIN) and then catch a Wingull and let it huff and puff and finally lift me up by my toe before soaring off. xD

Nakala Pri

Yeah, plus that'll be easier then raising a Fletching til it's level sixteen.

Gods, why could I just got a damn Talonflame like everyone else? xD

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Yeah I accidentally killed the automatic encounter pidgey at the beginning I wanted to catch him but I had to do a crit of all times.

Nakala Pri

Honestly, the beginning flying types are so annoying. ;-; Their design is either horrible or their movepool is or they're just plain horrible. >;C

I'm not really a fan of Flying types. :P

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Yeah I heard Pidgeot got buffed or something with the speed stat and something else. I like pidgey because it's a cool looking bird and TalonFlame is alright I like Fletchling better than its evolutions.

Nakala Pri

Oh well, Talonflame is still better because of it's move set, but like, seriously, why are flying types so... annoying? >_>

Bug, Poison, Fire, Electric for the win! ^^ xD

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Watched that live before I went to bed. Stayed up till 8am watching the stream and back watching now hahaha. Its a great thing that they do, they make so much money, I believe over 400k so far they have made.

Just to update - as Chrono Trigger ended (the final game being run) they pushed the $1,000,000 mark for donations. Absolutely crazy.

My favorite runs were F-Zero GX, SM64 (played with one hand), Pokemon: SS, Star Wars, Barkley Shut Up And Jam Gaiden, all the LoZ/DKC runs, and the blindfolded Punch Out runs. I'm probably forgetting some because there were so many awesome games. @-@

Needless to say, I can't wait for their next marathon. AGDQ was incredible this year. ;3

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Chrono trigger isn't hard to speedrun on New game + it all depends on how fast you complete the carnival and saving marle bit then you can go straight to the end time.

Nakala Pri

Hey, I've heard good things about Shin Magami Tensei, what's it like? :P

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Just to update - as Chrono Trigger ended (the final game being run) they pushed the $1,000,000 mark for donations. Absolutely crazy.

My favorite runs were F-Zero GX, SM64 (played with one hand), Pokemon: SS, Star Wars, Barkley Shut Up And Jam Gaiden, all the LoZ/DKC runs, and the blindfolded Punch Out runs. I'm probably forgetting some because there were so many awesome games. @-@

Needless to say, I can't wait for their next marathon. AGDQ was incredible this year. ;3
Super Metroid run was absolutely amazing. Go watch that one if you haven't.

And I honestly feel F-Zero X run is underrated and overshadowed by the GX run, but it had great commentaries and there are so many cool tricks done. (Nothing in the vein of shift boost, mind you, but still)
SMT3 Nocturne is the best JRPG there is. That is all.

Well, it's basically Pokemon, but with demons. Instead of catching them, you have to talk to them and convince them to join you. Obviously, using recruited demons is NOT the way to go, the meat of the game is in its fusion system. The game rewards you for constantly fusing your demons to get the best possible result. It's really hard and overwhelming at first, but if you're patience and know what you're doing it becomes a very rewarding and addictive experience. Its only flaw is that it has random encounter, but at least you'll know when the encounter will occur, so it's not really random.

It also has the best atmosphere in any RPG I played, bar none.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I got a 50 dollar gift card so that makes 100 dollars to buy a PSP!!!! sweet which one is easier to you know umm hack?

From what I know, all PSP are easily hackable so I'd recommend getting the 3000 'cause its the latest. I've got one and the amount of homebrew on it is just...high.

Anyone here played Persona 3 Portable?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

I heard the blindfolded Punchout was amazing, and sadly, since I didn't get into the event until the last two days, but the ones I watched most closely and from beginning to end were Wind Waker, SM64, and Chrono Trigger.

Chrono Trigger was an interesting case. Not because it was a JRPG of the sort that it was, one where you wouldn't expect it to have as many tricks as it did, but because of how much it managed to do in the time that it had. 1 million was a real stretch, and as it progressed, no one knew if it was possible, but it seemed a lot of people (and I mean A LOT of people, myself included) were waiting for Chrono Trigger, and the donations started to grow. Plus we had such great things as WONDERSHOT, Robo and the Son of the Sun, and the ending (oh, that ending). It was a really exciting run, and it was that excitement, both from the gameplay and from the 1 million hype, that has me looking forward to SGDQ. I'll be sure to look through the archives.

Chrono trigger isn't hard to speedrun on New game + it all depends on how fast you complete the carnival and saving marle bit then you can go straight to the end time.
Well I think there's a difference between simply playing and getting the first ending (which is quick) and speedrunning by meeting the same goal. It's one of those short things that you have to employ speedrunning tricks (such as skipping the Lucca event, naming Crono "!", and manipulating the game seed) to get the fastest time, rather than simply going fast.

Spino basically described the franchise. ShinMegaTen is like Pokemon (and it actually preceded Pokemon). Now, there are a number of spin-offs for Shin Megami Tensei, each of which plays differently, has a different story structure, and a different tone. There are the Dungeon Crawlers, which includes the main series (SMT, SMT2, SMT3: Nocturne, and SMT4), The Persona series (Persona, Persona 2:Eternal Punishment and Innocent Sin, Persona 3, and Persona 4), Digital Devil Saga, Devil Children, and Devil Summoner. Knowing you, Persona 3 and 4 would probably be most up your alley. While these two games don't involve talking to Pokemon, they are considered not only the best in the SMT series but also two of the best RPGs (or just games) ever made. I could explain it to you, but it might be easier just to read this.

Don't expect a story on par with Pokemon, though. SMT takes itself and it's character based stories very seriously. It's as gruesome as it needs to be when it needs to be, it's as heartfelt as it needs to be when it needs to be, and it's as difficult as it needs to be when it needs to be. The Persona games and the Devil Children games are lighter in tone than pretty much any of the other subsets, but this by no means makes their stories worse. Persona carries incredibly strong characters and, in Persona 3 and 4, where a good portion of the games are actually played outside of combat where you basically just live life and strengthen your bonds with other people (something that these games do very well). They're still serious, with Persona 3 having a pretty dark story and Persona 4 tugging at heartstrings and using the time you spent with the characters to its advantage. They're just worth playing, check 'em out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back