• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
No, Old Rod only catches Karp and occasionally Tentacool. You'll need a Good/Super Rod for Caravanha.

And I guess. But it's a TM, and a decent one at that, so I don't know why you'd wanna have that as a temp move instead of permanent. But yeah, it's fine.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Above is good. Carvanha are common as muck on pretty much all sea routes.

As for locations:

Old Rod - Dewford Town
Good Rod - Route 118 (Surf required)
Super Rod - Mossdeep City

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
^ Thanks for the advice on my team. I think I will try Sleep Talk instead of Body Slam with Walrein. I might also do Giga Drain/Toxic/Stockpile/Swallow for Cradily.

I unfortunately can't teach Metagross Shadow Ball, because it already did know Shadow Ball at one point in time, lol =(...I removed it to teach Earthquake instead. Oh well; I'll just have to use his moveset as is. I thought Psychic was a good move to have on a Psychic-type, though. Why is it not very good for Metagross?

How do I get the Lum Berry? I googled it and it said in Emerald, you can get the Lum Berry in Lilycove City or Route 123. I don't have the word "Corsola" in my set of words I can say to the Berry Master's wife, but is there a way I can get the Lum Berry from Lilycove City?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Usually the man on the top half of Lilycove where you can jump down ledges to get to the house with the Rest TM will give you one. "A berry suits you to a t! Why should that be so?" If that doesn't work, you can fish around Pacfidlog til you find a Corsola so that way it can be in your word box.

As for the Metagross, I see no problem with Psychic, but if I'm not mistaken, Metagross is more of a physical attacker than special.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
^ That berry guy is so cheap! He gave me an Oran Berry =(.

Ty for the advice, though :). Will have to go try to find a Corsola.

Edit: Umm...I caught a Corsola and then went to the Berry Master's wife and gave her the phrase that someone on google said to use: Challenge Corsola. But she gave me a Leppa Berry, not a Lum Berry. Is this the wrong phrase?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
That man's unpredictable. I used to get nothing but Lum Berries. However, on my current save file, he never game me one either.Don't worry about it.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Berry_Master

Bulbapedia doesn't give a phrase for Lum Berry...

I found a link saying BAD DATE is one to get a Lum Berry. Try that. However, it said Overwhelming Ninetales gets a Leppa Berry...I think if you don't get the password for the one-off berry, it's randomly selected.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
^ Yeah I kept googling it because I kept finding different passwords, and finally I found something that said to just save before you talk to the Berry Master's wife and then keep repeating the same phrase to her over and over again and resetting until you get the right berry. I did this with the phrase "Angry Abra" (another password I'd found online) and after 3 resets, she gave me a Lum Berry.

chickenofunity

Confused Chicken
Years
I'm looking to buy Emerald, because I lost mine, and also Firered, and leafgreen. I know how to check for fakes and how to tell if it is a fake, but my problem is actually finding these in the first place. Where do you buy advance generation games?

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
^ I don't know if you're looking to buy from a store like GameStop or Best Buy so that you can go in person and see if any of the used games customers have turned in are fake or not, but if you're just looking for somewhere to buy them, amazon.com has all of them available; I just checked.

I've never had any bad experiences with amazon itself, and as for the sellers, your best bet is to pick a seller from the list that has the most customers (avoid ones that have just launched), and go through the reviews and make sure they are generally positive, and that there are no negative ones accusing them of sending fake or damaged merchandise.

I'm sure you already know this, but don't pick someone necessarily with the best rating if they only have 5 customers or so; better to go with the 4 star seller with 100 customers than the 5 star one with just a few.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You'll probably get a better answer to that question if you ask in the Strategies and Movesets Q&A thread. I can't think of what those are, since I'm not competitively minded.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
My guess would be choice bander and special defense sweeper. But I also do not battle competitively, so I don't know for sure.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
Does anyone know exactly how to trade from FireRed to Emerald or Ruby? I have googled it numerous times, and gotten tons of different answers. Most seem to agree it can't be done until you beat the Cinnabar Island gym leader in FR and the Elite Four in Emerald (I have done both of these things).

How you do it after that seems to vary...Some say you have to get some Ruby Casing or something like that, others say you have to catch every single available pokemon in the Fire Red game...Anyone have a straight answer on this?

Like step by step, go to this house, talk to this guy to do that, etc.

It would be really helpful and very much appreciated if someone can do that :P.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Does anyone know exactly how to trade from FireRed to Emerald or Ruby? I have googled it numerous times, and gotten tons of different answers. Most seem to agree it can't be done until you beat the Cinnabar Island gym leader in FR and the Elite Four in Emerald (I have done both of these things).

How you do it after that seems to vary...Some say you have to get some Ruby Casing or something like that, others say you have to catch every single available pokemon in the Fire Red game...Anyone have a straight answer on this?

Like step by step, go to this house, talk to this guy to do that, etc.

It would be really helpful and very much appreciated if someone can do that :P.
It's true that you can trade from FireRed to Emerald/Ruby. However, you have to complete Celio's quest in the Sevii Islands (get the Ruby from Mt. Ember on One Island, then pursue the Team Rocket Scientist who's stolen the Sapphire in the Dotted Hole on Six Island. Once you get the Sapphire back, then you return to One Island and give them to Celio. He'll fit his trading machine with them, and that will let you trade your FR game with R/E.)

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
^ Thank you for the response. However, I do not understand how to get the Ruby or the Sapphire back. I googled how to get the ruby back, and I came upon this page: http://www.supercheats.com/gameboya...rered/20263/How-do-you-get-the-ruby-stone.htm

It seems to be the general consensus that you need to talk to the 2 Rockets standing side by side near the base of Mt. Ember. However, when I talk to either of them, one tells me, "Over here. We'll try digging here. That treasure the ADMINS've been talking about should be here." The other says, "What the...? You're in the way. Get lost."

Neither of them offer to battle me, and having a pokemon use DIG in front of either of them does not work, either. Yet apparently I'm supposed to battle them to get the Ruby? How?

Edit: I can't seem to get off these islands at all lol -- I'm kind of stuck. I can't fly off, the ferry won't take me off, and I can't complete my task for Bill's friend because the bikers on Three Island won't fight me =(.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I remember having a lot of confusion with this. You have to have beaten the Pokemon League for the door to open, and then when you talk to them, they should fight you.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
^ Thank you for the response. However, I do not understand how to get the Ruby or the Sapphire back. I googled how to get the ruby back, and I came upon this page: http://www.supercheats.com/gameboya...rered/20263/How-do-you-get-the-ruby-stone.htm

It seems to be the general consensus that you need to talk to the 2 Rockets standing side by side near the base of Mt. Ember. However, when I talk to either of them, one tells me, "Over here. We'll try digging here. That treasure the ADMINS've been talking about should be here." The other says, "What the...? You're in the way. Get lost."

Neither of them offer to battle me, and having a pokemon use DIG in front of either of them does not work, either. Yet apparently I'm supposed to battle them to get the Ruby? How?

Edit: I can't seem to get off these islands at all lol -- I'm kind of stuck. I can't fly off, the ferry won't take me off, and I can't complete my task for Bill's friend because the bikers on Three Island won't fight me =(.
Sydian's right; you do have to beat the Pokemon League in order to do the Ruby/Sapphire Quest. You also have to have the National Dex.

I think you have to go to Two Island first and talk to the man who runs the Game Corner. He'll say his daughter, Lostelle is lost in Berry Forest on Three Island. When you agree to look for Lostelle, that's when you can battle the bikers.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
^ Ty Sydian and PlatinumDude for your help :)!

To clarify something else, for anyone who might've stumbled upon my question after googling it or something, you need to both defeat the Elite Four and catch at least 60 different pokemon (and visit Professor Oak after doing so) before Celion gives you the pass to visit the other islands.

I only had a pokedex of 19 when I beat the Elite Four (lol, I usually just level up 2 or 3 main pokemon and all the rest are HM slaves :X), so I now have to go around trying to catch some.

And to think all I wanted to do was trade my Dragonite and Charizard over to my Emerald so they could be on a team with my Metagross for the battle frontier <.<. I didn't know I'd have to beat the Elite Four with just those 2 lol but they were both level 65 by the time I got there so it was fine.

Last edited:

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
Years
i jus got Leaf Green @ a gaming convention. the game looks complete, but i want to see if they got the Togepi egg from 5 Island. since i havent played LeafGreen yet i cant figure out how in the world to get to 5 Island. i have the Rainbow Pass etc... looking at the maps i see Islands 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 but i cant seem to Fly to them using a Pokemon.

can i Fly there? Surf? take a Boat? everywhere i look online stops after telling you how to get the Rainbow Pass which i already have, but they dont give any directions on how to actually travel to the Islands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back