• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your most embarrassing Pokemon nicknames

Gym Leader Jake

Water Gym Leader
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 6, 2013
I have to say i have many embarassing nicknames i give my pokemon - It's part of our childhood to do so. But.... I still do this today XD

I name all of my electric pokemon something that ends in "Z".

So yeah, as you can imagine, I've come up with such clever names like:
VOLTZ
SPARKZ
BOLTZ
and
WYRE

wait a second... that last one doesnt have a Z in it!
That's because i named that Magneton when i was *gasp* 15 years old!
lol yup, all part of our childhood.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 18, 2016
Named my Snorlax "Fatass" and "Fathead" when I was younger. And Miltank was renamed "Fat Cow". :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I named my Venusaur JUNGLEDOOM, my Blastoise SHELLSHOCK and my Charizard... FIREDRAGON. I just wanted to fill out the 10 letter space you got :] I think Pikachu was named THUNDERKID. Oh lord.

But seriously, jungledoom. JUNGLEDOOM. That Venusaur, you don't want to meet on a dark street.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Oh yeah also i had a huge fight with my younger brother last year and i went on to breed a Piplup and call him "Ariel" (that is my bros' name)...and i shoved Surf,Waterfall,Rock smash and another HM on him, the ultimate slave.....I still owned him until recently because he had a great nature, but he was shoved so deep in my PC my PC's rectum hurts. So a week ago i had to say goodbye to this awesome pokemon...And deleted his sorry ass.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Haha I had named my miltoic "Beauty" in Pokemon Diamond. Yeah, I liked the name at the time but think it pretty embarrassing now. My friends saw the name and gave me a bunch of crap about it but I didn't really care. I wish I had named it something else, but oh well.

My favorite name for a Pokemon ever as when I named my Lugia "Ultima"!

Years
One time, when I was finishing up a route before stopping to sleep, I caught Abomasnow that I named "Frosty". I refused to look at him after that.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I never nicknamed my pokemon pre-GenV. Having all-caps nicknames would have bugged me, and having lower-case nicknames would have bugged me when contrasted with all the NPCs having all-caps on their pokemon.

That said, even though I've only been nicknaming my pokemon for the past three years or so, I'm prone to some pretty immature and inappropriate ones. French Kiss the Lickitung and Raeper the Drapion immediately come to mind

casualCasualty

Super High School Level Fairy
Years
I have this really bad habit of naming Ampharos Jackie if that counts by any means.
I've named Geodudes Dude, Dudette and the like. In Y version I have a Mewtwo named Macklemore and a shiny Octillery named The Smash. I also have a Noivern named GOTTAGOFAST and in my White version I believe I have a Ditto named Herma. A glitch Ditto. That knows Dunsparces' moveset. But yeah. Normally I take nicknaming seriously, but then sometimes my inner teenager awakens at two in the morning.

I also have a Butterfree named Butterman and a Masquerain named Surferdude.

*Riolu Master*

The Aura Within
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 13, 2016
When I was 6 I got pokemon diamond and I caught a geodude and I name it Mewtwo. XD

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
I once caught a Houndour and called it "Flare"...for you know, obvious reasons LOL. It happened yesterday....im lonely :'(

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I usually give my Pokemon weird nicknames such as if I were to catch a Weedle for example, I will end up naming it weedie and for Pokemon that resembles something bad or a drug I would name them after a drug like Oddish the plants on its head looks like weed and Paras would be shroomz lol

:t354:TG

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I've posted here before, but I've actually just opened my Pokemon White game (which is being used at the moment) there to look at the host of nicknames so far. Just as a background, my boyfriend usually nicknames my pokemon and I his. Some of his nicknames are absolutely ridiculous, as can be seen below:

Throh – Fat Jackie

Venipede – Flick (female sign)

Pansear – Ham

Pansage – Evilmonkey

Watchog – Patsy

Mincinno – Minnie

Sewaddle – Cabbage

Drilbur – Pingu

Tepig - Spiderpig

Pidove - Lovey-Dovey

And Vanillite – Corne-toe. As an homage of sorts to Misfits' Rudy's favourite Ice Cream, the Cornetto (Which he pronounces as Corne-toe)...

In a previous White playthrough I also had a Larvesta named Sombrero because it reminded me of one...

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
I got out my old Fire Red the other day, and it turns out I was one of those guys that named a Metapod "D*ck". My, was I immature.

But that was when I was around 11-12. The worst nicknames were from when I was 6 and playing Sapphire.

WATER MAN the Swampert was probably the most terrible.

And slightly more recently was my Walrein from a few years ago, named Penguin.

Last edited:

Catspill

Fighting-Type Fanatic
Years
Generally when nicknaming I use the first word that pops into my head. Some prime examples are
Groudon in Ruby I once named "Pinkie"
Fletchling named "Ribs"
Chespin named "Hobo"
And my personal favorite on X right now a Zigzagoon named "Chris Cross".

Back