• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eevee as a starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Given the evolution choices, I think Eevee really should be the starter in every game. They bring out new evolutions and will continue to do so until all the types are filled so it's not lacking any originality or whatever.

Detox

Um no, because you shouldnt be able to catch starters and you can catch wild Eevee in the trophy garden.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Um no, because you shouldnt be able to catch starters and you can catch wild Eevee in the trophy garden.
If Eevee were the games' starter, it wouldn't have ever been made catchable there or anywhere in the first place.

Last edited:

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
Years
Have any of you played Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness? You get Eevee as a starter there and are given 5 different stones to evolve it with.

Anyway,
Eevee should not be a starter. It's the most overrated Pokemon in existence (rivaled only by the likes of Charizard and Rayquaza), and for all the awesomeness it has, only three of its evolutions have any use whatsoever. The rest of them all...suck...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
[/quote]and for all the awesomeness it has, only three of its evolutions have any use whatsoever. The rest of them all...suck...[/quote]

How could u say that? They do not stink bcuz one day they will beat u u'll see...

And I never knew u can have eevee as a starter in that game...

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2016
Have any of you played Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness? You get Eevee as a starter there and are given 5 different stones to evolve it with.

Anyway,
Eevee should not be a starter. It's the most overrated Pokemon in existence (rivaled only by the likes of Charizard and Rayquaza), and for all the awesomeness it has, only three of its evolutions have any use whatsoever. The rest of them all...suck...

yeah earlier in this thread I posted that eevee was a starter in Gale of darkness. I was awhile since I played it but it seemed to worked out well in that game. The fact that the stones were offered as well is a bonus because that was the thought I had if eevee was a starter.

Dragonair_Blizzard

Random person in the universe
Years
It would be good to have Eevee as a starter, but as the others mentionis, Starters can't be caught in the wild, but Eevee can be. Also, it is hard to evolve.

Vernikova

Banned
Years
I wouldn't consider Eevee to be a starter for any generation. I mean, it really can't do anything until it evolves with stones, not even by leveling up. Also, it would break the mold of a Fire, Water, and Grass type starter. Personally, I don't see a reason to break that mold.

Yes, I used mold.

DonRoyale said:
Anyway,
Eevee should not be a starter. It's the most overrated Pokemon in existence (rivaled only by the likes of Charizard and Rayquaza),
I add Lucario and Riolu to that list on a personal basis.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Personally, it would be interesting for Eevee to be a starter, but your rival would have to have Eevee as a starter too. Why?

Well, as in any Pokemon game, your rival always has a Pokemon strong against yours. So if you were to have Eevee as a starter, they'd have to start with Eevee too, and they would evolve it into an Eeveelution that has an advantage over yours. The only problem with this, however, is if you choose to evolve Eevee into Umbreon or Jolteon, but I suppose your rival could find a way to make his Eeveelution strong against either, e.g. evolving it into Leafeon to counter Jolteon (electric moves don't do much against Grass types).

But yeah. The Pokemon producers probably want to keep the grass/fire/water starters, but who knows? Maybe Eevee will be a starter one day :/

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Gale Of Darkness is the one with eevee as the starter as told by Treeko kt!

Heartless33

Master Cloner
Years
I think in the begining of daimond they should give you quiestions and based on your anwsers they give you the pokemon from the quiestions. Evee would be good in the begining. (sorry for my grammer)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
That is a very good idea Heartless... kind of like Mystery Dungeon!

Arctus Tibal

Beyond - Freedom
Years
I agree, eevee would make an amazing starter (Being my favorite pokemon and everything :P)

Problem i see with it is that stones are usually bought at a later town which is when your pokemon are like, level 30ish? so your eevee might take a while to get to the evo you want

Espeon and umb would be ok i guess, but happiness evos are kinda hard to get to if your at the start of the game

Glacion and leafeon are... kinda bad... but i guess they would be ok because all you need is to be in a place thats quite easy to get to and a rare candy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back