• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokemon Extreme Silver

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
Pokemon Extreme Silver Version​

ziwy2a.png

UPDATE!
VERSION 4.3 IS OUT!

VERSION 4.4 COMING SOON
KNOWN CHANGES:
ALL GYM LEADERS HAVE A FULL TEAM OF 6 POKEMON

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone! This is Pokemon Extreme Silver, which is obviously, a hack of Pokemon Silver for the Gameboy Color(GBC)
I made this because I felt Pokemon Silver was a little too easy. On my second playthrough, when I battled red, I swept him with one Pokemon, which is why I started this. The levels of the pokemon of every single Pokemon Trainer, Gym Leader, Elite Four, the Rival, etc has been increased by 5, 10, or even 15 levels to increase the difficulty!

Changes and Features:
Spoiler:

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Downloads(Mediafire):
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
Umm, no posts?
:o
Well, I forgot to mention that the old guy( the one that shows you a tour of Cherrygrove City, and gives you the Pokegear Map) uses slightly explicit language. Nothing too serious, but I just wanted to point that out.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
You shouldn't be surprised... I can't speak for the others but I'm pretty fed up with all increased difficulty "hacks" that are absolutely same...
And it seems others think the same.

1. This is my first ROMhack :L

2. I did this for fun. I didn't make this expecting it would become Romhack of the year, or something.

3. If you don't like it, you can simply not post anything, and go look at other threads. I never said this was a unique hack or anything.

Also, have you even played it? It wouldn't make much sense to judge a hack saying it's monotonous, without even playing it.

Last edited:

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
I personally don't think game that have increased difficulty are a bad thing. Some games are just ridiculously easy (such as this game), not to mention illlegal Pokemon. Lance calls Team Rocket criminals for pre-maturely evolving Magikarp when he has 3 Dragonites under Level 55. Problem Solved here (Well, besides Team Rocket being criminals. That's just normal). I'll probably try this out when the full version releases.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
@Nerdtendo

Thanks. It's actually very close to completion, but I need to add to some gym leaders teams to make them more diverse, and also edit some in game trades, and edit the levels of the wild and legendary Pokemon encounters, since I realized that you would have to do a lot of grinding to get the Pokemon you caught to be at the recommended level. Once I do that, it will be complete(or at least for the time being)
And don't worry, Lances team is much improved. Replaced Charizards pathetic Wing Attack for something else.
I'm actually going to start working on it right now. :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
So maybe less than a week to 1 week until completion? Good. I like the hacks in the sideshow showcase.

Around that time, yeah.
Though it will never actually be "complete", per se. I'll still keep on trying to add more stuff to it, but gameplay-wise, it'll be pretty much complete soon.

pokemonlover493

Trainer
Years
Ok, is the next version the final version, or is there still more to edit. Also are you going to give the gym leaders more pokemon than what they were given originally. I like it when the leaders have more pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
Don't worry, they do have more pokemon :)
And yes, it will technically be the final version, but I will still try to add more, and fix glitches/bugs.

Nope. Nor I plan to.
I was just presenting my opinion as to why your thread has no replies.

So you haven't played it, yet you say that it's the same as all other hacks in Sideshow Showcase.

:l

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2017
At least you're getting posts now. xD
Ill go ahead and give it a shot and let you know what I think.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
I will try to finish V2.0 right now. It's 9:20PM 7/26/13 PST at the very moment I am typing this post. Sorry for the ginormous delay.

At least you're getting posts now. xD
Ill go ahead and give it a shot and let you know what I think.

Alright! :)
Feel free to suggest some things :)

i think font pokemon in your rom is nice. i hope your rom is good

Thank you! Remember that V2.0 is coming out soon, so if you already have it, you might want to update the patch you have when it comes out :)

EDIT: Version 2.0 has been released.

Last edited:

Linkdude231

Hylian Chosen One
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2018
I'd like to report a bug: In cherrygrove city, there's invisible cut trees in certain places, like in front of the pokemon center and the old guide gent's house

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
I'd like to report a bug: In cherrygrove city, there's invisible cut trees in certain places, like in front of the pokemon center and the old guide gent's house

Thanks for letting me know! I'll fix it right away!

EDIT: Fixed.

EDIT: There's a really weird bug. Silvers team is way too overpowered in the first battle, yet I don't remember giving him a level 20 gastly for the first battle ._.
I'll fix it. Also, the guide gent doesn't appear for an odd reason. I checked in goldmap, and the data IS there, but I don't know what's going on.

EDIT: I fixed the first bug, but it seems like there isn't a way to fix the guide gent one. Sorry, but there won't be a way to look at the region map, but when you get the FLY HM, you can use it as a map, I guess. Sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT: Version 3.0 Released.

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
I feel tempted to play this, but I'd love to know what changes you made to what pokemon.

I mean typing-wise, new base stats, moves and such.

Are all pokémon catchable?

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
I feel tempted to play this, but I'd love to know what changes you made to what pokemon.

I mean typing-wise, new base stats, moves and such.

Are all pokémon catchable?

Somewhat. I'm still learning how to script. I'm trying to make Mew and Celebi, and other non-catchable pokemon to be available.
Also, I'm going to make a list of all the changes to moves, typing, base stats, etc.
I'm going to do this right now.

EDIT: Made the list of ALL the changes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
V 4.3 has been released

Pokegear Map event in Cherrygrove City where the old man gives you a guide has been fixed. Now the Guide Gent appears in Cherrygrove City.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2013
I really hope that I can get this game to work, I have literally spent DAYS looking for a gen 2 remake that made things more difficult without changing to some weird new region or making mewtwo your starter or something stupid like that. This game has everything a gen 2 difficulty hack should, all pokemon available, no trade evo's, level increase, etc... it sounds too good to be true. My one question is where is 4.3? You said that version 4.3 is out but the last download on the list is 4.2 So where do I find 4.3?

And one more question, did you change the team style's of the gym leaders and the E4 very much? Because that's one thing I don't like a whole lot. I like it when people add pokemon to a leader/E4 member or make them stronger/evolve as long as the pokemon feels like it "should" be in that leaders team, but when people decide to give lance a lugia or Falkner an Aerodactyl it kinda makes things seem a bit fake ya know. I was looking for a trainer editor so I could look through the list of leaders in extreme silver but I can't seem to find a 2nd gen trainer editor anywhere -__- Anyway, I just started playing the hack and so far it looks real good, it has a great nostalgia feel but the subtle difficulty differences are also interesting, so good job so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back