• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Shiny Race

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018

The Shiny Zigzagoon

zigzagoon.gif

The Shiny hunts were not a success for me. No matter, Graine is in the lead but he got 2 more Shinies in his box than he ever had before, so I'm happy for him. We decide to try our race in Omega Ruby (him) and Alpha Sapphire (me). Route 102 is where we'll do our first ORAS hunt. We both also have a Sweet Scent/False Swipe Pok?mon along with the Shiny Charm.

The new target is Zigzagoon, but in route 102, there's also hordes of Lotad/Seedot and Ralts. After a long while, we still didn't see anything. Graine calculates that we do around 2 hordes per minute. I had to go somewhere, and I'm bored, and I want to give up for now, it's been 1 hour of nothing. But then,
glitters and sparkles...it's coming from my game!

Graine: It looks like it was burned by the sun hahaha!
Soapy: This game hates me.​

lotad.gif
It's staring at me with its dead, empty eyes. I still catch it, and we find nothing else before we need to stop. Zigzagoon is still avoiding us, but we'll get a rematch.
zigzagoon.gif
CSS made by Soapy

Last edited:

Road

beyond salvation
Years
/ ENRAGED SCREAMING

Super bummed that doesn't count. >> Hang in there you two!!

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
clearly Soap is not making enough sacrifices to the RNGoddess

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018

The Shiny Zigzagoon (Partie Deux)

zigzagoon.gif

After a somewhat failure and a Shiny Lotad, we decided to take on Route 102 once more.

We get started and Graine comments on how it would be funny he gets a Shiny Seedot, or that I get another Shiny Lotad. I glare at him. No. We seem just as unlucky with Zigzagoon as the last time.
I check my Dex Nav and it says we encountered about 700 Zigzagoon. Suddenly, Graine starts laughing,
and he shows me his console.

seedot.gif

Soapy: It looks like a roasted nut!​

I keep on hunting while he catches his Shiny Seedot. I'm hungry and annoyed so I tell Graine we should stop and try again later. But then, a few hordes later, I see her: a Shiny Zigzagoon. Finally. I almost fall on the ground with happiness.

Graine: Give it a nickname!
Soapy: Nah
Graine: Call it Zigzaroux!
Soapy: OMG yes.​

zigzagoon.gif
CSS made by Soapy

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
In unrelated news, Graine opened his game yesterday to play normally, entered the grass, and got a Shiny Drifloon pop up.
Y'all should be afraid of his new found Shiny Luck what have i done

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
I mean, every unintended shiny is like half a point so Graine is still up by 2.5...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 4, 2018
Soap do it or all faith in humanity will be gone. LOL

Graine don't park the bus horde faster!!!!

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018

The Shiny Sandshrew

sandshrew.gif

After a long break of Shiny Racing, Graine was casually playing Banjo Kazooie. He was at the last level, and suddenly....everything went black. The power went out; stranded in the dark,
we decided to go Shiny Hunt that Sandshrew in Route 111.

We arrive in the desert, and I comment how boring this will be since there's only Sandshrew hordes here. Seriously what was I thinking. But we cannot back down since Sandshrew won the poll. Plus, it's a very cute Shiny. We were talking about work, Graine explaining something that had happened, when I hear it, the Shiny sound. It couldn't have been from my game. He turns his console to me very quickly, while carrying on explaining the work story. He has no reaction, like it was super common for him. Well actually they are, I'm sure he's cheating what the hell.

Soapy: Please don't hit the wrong Sandshrew
Graine: *screams*​

After almost giving me a heart attack, he laughs, showing me his newly acquired Sandshrew, in a fitting Nest Ball.

sandshrew.gif
CSS made by Soapy

Last edited:

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Can you believe this guy's luck tho? Look at this Mario Party 3 game
Spoiler:

Obviously he's Yoshi.

Last edited:

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2018
Can you believe this guy's luck tho? Look at this Mario Party 3 game
Mario Party is a game of skills thank you.

You should spend less time calling me lucky and more time catching shinies for the shiny race. ♥
In the meantime, I'll let my score do the talking.

Road

beyond salvation
Years
Damn son, we need some Burn Heals up in here stat! And probably some Hydro Pumps to put out all these flames.

Jokes aside, still hoping Soapy's luck improves and can at least even the scoreboard. ;w;

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018

The Shiny Numel

numel.gif

We went up to the Fiery Path to hunt for a Shiny Numel, careful not to miss one due to it's very pale palette.

We stopped after a while of nothing, and picked it back a few days after.
About 150 hordes in, Graine finds a Shiny Koffing. We stop shortly after that, finding no Numel. After working hard on our Halloween costumes, we finally pick the game back up to try again.

Graine: Some Numel will be caught tonight, I know this​

We boot the game and I do my first Sweet Scent. Graine picks up his console, do his first Sweet Scent slightly late, and put down the console to text his mom. Annoyed, I pick his console to continue on both so I don't have an unfair advantage. I look at it just in time to see the little stars. My jaw drops. He takes the console back.

Graine: Now I'll go catch my Shiny Numel, thank you very much.
Soapy: The FIRST horde?! Are you kidding me?!​

numel.gif
CSS made by Soapy

Last edited:
Back