• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Pokemon Movie Reviews (from 1-16??) Article Series

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I've been pondering this for a while as I was going through recent Daily articles. I noticed we're not focusing much on the movies (except for the newest ones that are coming out as of late), better yet, reviewing them. I'd like to see a PokeCommunity's view of what they think about the recent Pokemon movies in a form of a movie review. Why not we implement them to Daily? Maybe we could use this as a brand new article series?

I do want to make these reviews that focus more on the positive, and less on the negative (ex: wtf did i just watch etc). Instead, alongside with the positive, I want to focus on what could have been improved or gone better for these movies, in terms of plot and character development.

Gonna bring this idea back now that I'm on the team again. Any additional thoughts or concerns?

Years
Love the idea! As someone who's been meaning to catch up on watching the movies, it'd be really helpful for me personally to see some preliminary thoughts beforehead to see whether or not the movie is even worth watching.

I feel like the movies are oftentimes rather overlooked part of the Pokemon franchise as a whole so I think it'd be beneficial for others to read up on, as well. n.n

Years
Not daily but I'm a media lead so my input matters! I think this sounds like an amazingly fantastic idea. An article for each movie, maybe once a month or something?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I want to go in order, from the First Movie all the way to the most recent, which is The Power of Us. Possibly Detective Pikachu if we get a NA release.

Is it better to go random or by order of release?

Years
Order of release seems fine, imo. Personally, I don't think there's a compelling reason to go randomly selecting movies as I feel that can be a bit jarring and rather disorganized.

Years
Not that my input matters terribly, but this would be excellent to look over should it be published; and I think that the order of the movies should be followed. Heck, Pokecommunity as a whole could maybe have some type of "Let's watch X Pokemon Movie together!" Event. Which could coincide with the initial release of the movie article in question.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Not that my input matters terribly, but this would be excellent to look over should it be published; and I think that the order of the movies should be followed. Heck, Pokecommunity as a whole could maybe have some type of "Let's watch X Pokemon Movie together!" Event. Which could coincide with the initial release of the movie article in question.
Pointing out we have the first one published and one for the newest movie on its way soon! =)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Bump. Meganium has disappeared, but the series is still a good idea. Does anyone else have any interest in reviewing other movies? If so, step right up!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Triple posting I'm so naughty
Ash said:
Pinging the two of you as you've expressed interest elsewhere in doing movie reviews. Let's discuss what you guys want to do!

Thus far we have the first movie (Meganium) and the movie last year (Rivvon) with reviews done. I guess it makes sense to do the second movie feat. lugia next...? I do not mind going out of order though.

Another idea - review/analysis of trailers! We have both the Detective Pikachu and Mewtwo Strikes Back EVOLUTION trailers to do follow-up articles on.
Oh for good measure:
Spirit Shackle said:
I think you mention doing an article about how each Pokemon in DP's latest trailer looks like? Still interested in/planning on doing that?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I haven't decided how I want to write the review(s) yet. I read Megan's though. Does Rivvon's follow the same set-up?? If so I suppose it'd be best if I wrote mine the same way (unless it's alright to switch it up with a different approach).

Either way I would be more than happy to try to get a review up for the second movie. One of my personal favorite shaha.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I haven't decided how I want to write the review(s) yet. I read Megan's though. Does Rivvon's follow the same set-up?? If so I suppose it'd be best if I wrote mine the same way (unless it's alright to switch it up with a different approach).

Either way I would be more than happy to try to get a review up for the second movie. One of my personal favorite shaha.
Here is Rivvon's article: https://daily.pokecommunity.com/2018/12/31/the-power-of-us-movie-review/ I am happy for you to write it in your own way - I don't think a series like this needs to have the same structure. After all, these are opinion articles! Gotta be some variation.

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
I'd kind of like to do the third movie, if that's okay...? ^^ I know it's a fan favorite so if someone else wants it, that's fine too!

Back