• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ammo friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
af_logo.png

Storyline

Dan has been a scientist most of his life. He excels at studying viruses, and is accepted as a virologist. When he was hard at work once upon a time, his colleagues had made an astounding discovery. They claimed Dan has discovered an enigmatic virus. Unsure of the symptoms, Dan injected the virus into one of the laboratory's Clinical Study Volunteer. Within minutes the volunteer's body started reacting unusually. Dan had ran some tests and noticed that his brain processing had been slowed down, and his appetite had change dramatically to crave human flesh. The volunteer, who had now been infected, was put to sleep and placed in a reinforced plexiglass room.

After that astounding discovery, Dan had gone home just like any other normal day. The next morning he had turned on the news only to find out that the infected volunteer had escaped and was running about. Police had been trying to take it down with no luck. Eventually, the military had to be called in. Things only got worse from there. The infected had created a snowball effect, and was spreading the virus to innocent people all over the city. While showing clips of the infected attacking civilians, a severe warning was being displayed at the bottom of the television. It read:

"Close and lock every possible way of entering/exiting your house, and stay indoors at all times until stated otherwise."

Dan had gotten a call from a few of his colleagues moments later. His colleagues were on their way to work when they noticed one of the Infected running down the street from them. They had hurried into the building nearest to them and have been stuck in there since. They had asked Dan for help and he was on his way. Ignoring what the newscast had said, he left his house and was on his way. He looked around and noticed a few fallen soldiers. Dan's had experience with guns earlier in his life and took one for safety, and off he went.

And that, is where the whole story begins.

Features

• Eliminate multiple types of Infected
  • Explore many different environments!
  • Play through 2 modes: Campaign and Survival
  • and much more!

Infected

Walkers
Walkers are the most common Infected found.
Their different colored skins indicate how fast they are, and how hard they are to destroy.

Pale Skin - A little slower than the player.
Green - A bit slower than the Pale Skin, and harder to destroy.
Purple - The slowest of all, and the hardest to take down.

Crawler
Crawlers are a tad bit more rare than the Walkers. Just like their name implies, they crawl at a fast speed. They are quite easy to shoot down, although, that does depend on the type of weapon the character is using. Unlike the Walkers, and a decent amount of other Infected, Crawlers do not have different skin colors that indicate their speed and strength. Scientists have said that the bump on their head is their body's reaction to the infection.

Civilians
Civilian Zombies are average people that have been recently affected and haven't fully gone through the change of becoming a full-blooded zombie. When playing 'ammo friends' you'll notice what civilians look like since they, like their name, do look like civilians. Some examples contain: Policemen and women, Doctors, Parents, etc.

Screenshots
note: the following screenshots may not look exactly like this in-game.

little_preview_by_cilerba-d427c9u.png
running_in_place_by_cilerba-d42b9wd.gif
onto_the_next_level_by_cilerba-d42wngp.png

shop_scene_by_cilerba-d4duk4x.png
pause____by_cilerba-d4eldws.png

Team

Me - Founder, Spriter, Other Graphics
Nathan - Co-Founder
Spherical Ice - Spriter, Coder
Logiedan - Spriter

Credits

Rossay - Writing code that we're still using in the game.

horriblecssishorrible

Last edited:

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
When I get to play this, my life will be complete.

If you for any reason stop developing this game, I will throw sandwiches at you Max.
LOTS of sandwiches.

Now, keep working on this awesome game!

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
I liking the style concept of this game. The sprites look somewhat of the cutesy style of Adventure Time, but the story is pretty much dark.

Overall, this looks highly promising. Good luck with the development.

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
damn...
your really good at this sort of thing max. seriously, it seems like everyone got the game making skills besides me. anyway, keep it up, cant wait to play it and see more.
~flamemaster

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
This is a very neat looking game. The stylised look to it is very memorable. I'm sure I'll always be in the survival mode lol. I can really see myself spending hours in that mode ha.

I think your design work is great. Nothing looks out of place. The tiles go great with the overworld and the UI fits perfect with the style.

I know this is in the early stages, so I want to wish you luck ;)

Years
Just posting to say that progress is being made, albeit slow. Hopefully myself or Max will be able to show some actual in-game screens, so watch this space :3

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Like I've said over MSN, this looks awesome and I can't wait to play it. Your interface design skills are showing as well. :P

Like I said on msn, sux.

loljk, you know it rocks bro. Keep it up Max.

Thanks broseph.

Looks interesting. Can you go inside houses and interact with objects?

Hm. Never thought of that. We'll see ;D

When I get to play this, my life will be complete.

If you for any reason stop developing this game, I will throw sandwiches at you Max.
LOTS of sandwiches.

Now, keep working on this awesome game!

Well.. I do like sandwiches, so I don't see that being a total loss.

I liking the style concept of this game. The sprites look somewhat of the cutesy style of Adventure Time, but the story is pretty much dark.

Overall, this looks highly promising. Good luck with the development.

Um.. thanks! :D

Wow, didn't posted for a long time.
Looks cool!

Thank you.

damn...
your really good at this sort of thing max. seriously, it seems like everyone got the game making skills besides me. anyway, keep it up, cant wait to play it and see more.
~flamemaster

Just takes practice my friend.

This is a very neat looking game. The stylised look to it is very memorable. I'm sure I'll always be in the survival mode lol. I can really see myself spending hours in that mode ha.

I think your design work is great. Nothing looks out of place. The tiles go great with the overworld and the UI fits perfect with the style.

I know this is in the early stages, so I want to wish you luck ;)

Thanks, Neo.

Much like Spherical Ice said, we're working pretty hard on getting some actual gameplay screenshots out soon. Hopefully even a little video on what's been coded so far. :P

Team Members wanted!

Yep! We're currently looking for another coder, and a composer. I'm sure Haroun doesn't like coding all by himself, so if you know how to code, or know someone that does, send me a PM. \o/

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Wow, this is refreshing. Looks good, like the art style.
although one could argue zombies are overdone, i can't seem to get enough of them,.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back