• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
PAGE 800!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

May we celebrate this glorious occasion - the beginning of a new SHCentury! May the next 800 be as great as the first! :cer_smile:

i was leveling up my wobbuffet in the daycare and got some eggs so i just hatched them to see if i could get one with better stats and got a shiny with perfect defenses and hp! what do you guys think i should name her? all i'v got is lady wobbuffet or ms. wobbuffet. i also got my shiny gibble the other day and evolved him to a garchomp (which was disappointing when i found out shiny garchomp look the same)

Congrats on the shiny Wobbuffet!! Yeah, Garchomp is probably the least-shiniest of any shiny. He's still my 649th favorite! :P

Hello there!! I would like to join this shiny hunting club! My shinies so far are as listed: 3 Cyndaquils, Pidove, Eevee, Bronzong, and Vulpix. I am currently hunting Mudkip, Squirtle, and Turtwig. (I decided to join this forum because I saw G-Money's profile pic, who I have met before)

Welcome to the SHC, SP5Number3! Good luck on your starter hunts!

I'm trying to get all of the Jhoto starters! But if that doesn't happen, I at least want Cyndaquil. But im going to be attempting it in Crystal, so wish me luck o.o

Awesome! The Johto starters are probably my favorite set, along with maybe the Hoenn starters and the Kanto ones...haha, I guess they're all good. But Cyndaquil is the best!

If it's worth anything, I actually had 21/22k+ at that point, I just didn't spend the time adding them all up lol! But no, not 50! >_>

"lol" nice job getting Treecko to 14,000+, too! Only about 35,000 more resets! :cer_laugh: *secretly takes TSE's luck buckets, collects them, and waits to pour them all on her at the same time so she can break the record and get like 10 shinies in a day*

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
After 30 more egges,still no Rufflet. I really have crappy luck when it comes to shinies lol. I plan on just waiting till i get the Shiny Charm now,and even then I probably will not get one.

Years
Sorry for not replying sooner, wanted to get on a computer so I could quote easier but I was having trouble getting on a computer so I'm just replying from my trusty iPhone!
Anyways, thank you everyone who congratulated me on Latias, it was very exciting but she's mine hopefully forever now!
And to G-Money, I might have to take you up on that idea to get all the yellow shinies! Not yet because I want to get all my favourite shinies/Pokémon as shinies first, but I do find the yellow ones to be my personal idea of the most beautiful shinies. Shiny Azumarill is one I really want at some point!

Anyways, 5 more Pokémon till I have my round charm, but 2 of those just had to be Thunderus and Landorus, ack! Then I'm going to MM 2 Snovers, 1 for my bf and the other for myself to keep! It will also count for the Serebii SH community hunt, any ice type shiny!
Wish me luck!

I also got the shiny Haxorus from Nature Preserve yesterday, not counting it in my sig but it does get to sit in my shiny box with Latias!
Congrats on anyone who got a shiny in my absence since I got Latias, and good luck to those with current hunts!

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Congratulations on all the shinies acquired since I last posted~ Right now I'm playing through Diamond version so I can SR for the legendaries (Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf particularly :D ). Problem is, I've only defeated four gyms so far and like asdfghjkl; I can't wait till after I beat all eight lol.

Spr_4d_480_s.png
Spr_4d_481_s.png
Spr_4d_482_s.png

What can I say? Something about that goldish/coppery color gets me. Although I can't just go without pointing out these two:
488.png
485.png

Sinnoh legendary shinies, y u so pretty?!?!11!!!eleventyone

After 30 more egges,still no Rufflet. I really have crappy luck when it comes to shinies lol. I plan on just waiting till i get the Shiny Charm now,and even then I probably will not get one.
Not with that attitude you won't. Stay positive!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Soooooooo... I gave out some bad info a while back. Not my fault, youtube tricked me. Turns out, Reshiram and Zekrom are still shiny locked in BW2. I hope no one started hunting them because of me.

Anyway, 397 Magikarp

Years
Sorry to post again so soon, but is there going to be a December monthly challenge thing? The November one says it ended October 31st on front page which might be an error, but either way this would be my first quest/challenge since rejoining the club end of October, and I should have a round charm sometime next week! :)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I should also have the Shiny charms as well,but I have to transfer about 300 pokemon......what fun... Maybe while i am getting tradeing pokemon,I can get a shiny. Also,I plan to go for the free Shiny Gible after you beat the Black City thing in Black 2. But it is lible to take a while,sense I still have to beat Black 2 and then beat the Black City thing.

G-Money

Years
Sorry to post again so soon, but is there going to be a December monthly challenge thing? The November one says it ended October 31st on front page which might be an error, but either way this would be my first quest/challenge since rejoining the club end of October, and I should have a round charm sometime next week! :)

Never apologize for posting!! :pink_tongue:

Yes, we're definitely going to have a December Quest! Sorry for being late on it - it's still being discussed in committee! We'll extend the deadline so that you'll have at least 30/31 days for your hunt.

EDIT: Yeah, you were right about the October date! Haha, sorry about that. YOU MUST FIND TWO SHINIES IN NEGATIVE THREE MONTHS! "lol" I've updated it to reflect the current Quest.

Not with that attitude you won't. Stay positive!

This is one of the truest things ever said. :)

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Welcome to the club, SP5Number3!

This week's random hunt is... the Ghost-type!

I beat the elite 4 on Black 2 and now I'm on the Marvelous Bridge. Soon I will be in Black City for the first time ever.

G-Money

Years
The December Monthly Quest!!

Happy December! It's time for the Holiday season, and to celebrate, we're going to catch lots and lots of shinies! :D

To complete the Quest, you must obtain 2 shinies that are either red or green. Each one will earn you one point for the Quest, and you get an extra half-point for finding one of each!

In addition, the following Holiday shinies will count as 1.5 points for this Quest:

- Snover
- Abomasnow
- Sudowoodo
- Litwick
- Lampent
- Chandelure
- Delibird
- Stantler
- Any other Holiday shiny you can think of!

Whoever has the most points at the end of the Quest wins!

The shinies must be obtained by yourself in an Advanced generation game (or newer), and no chaining or hacking is allowed. Charm shinies are allowed, but you will need to acquire 3 Charm shinies in order to fulfill one of the shiny requirements, meaning that you could fulfill the Quest by obtaining any of the following:

• 2 non-Charm shinies
  • 1 non-Charm shiny and 3 Charm shinies
  • 6 Charm shinies

Masuda shinies will be weighted the same as 1/8192 shinies due to the increase in time commitment.

The contest lasts until midnight EST on January 4th, 2013.

Spoiler:

Good luck and have fun!

Years
Yay December Quest! My December is going to be very full of shiny hunting, though I'm unsure if I'll get more than 1, maybe 2, because I'm also working on the National Dex!

Anyways, for the Pokécommunity December shiny quest I'm hoping to get Azurill because it's green and evolves into one of my favourite shinies, yellow Azumarill! I'm also hoping to get Snover as a holiday themed shiny, which would also count towards the community hunt on Serebii which is to find an ice type shiny. I'm thinking of alternating my hunts for Azurill (RE/MM) and Snover (MM). And finally, if I somehow manage to get both of those in December, I might SR for Lapras on SS or HG, but failing that I'll probably MM for Spheal, Cubchoo or Litwik :3
Looked for a red shiny I could get for the December quest, but unless I'm blind I couldn't see very many shinies that were red, and the only ones that appealed to me were Duskull, Skorupi and Scolipede, but I'm not too motivated to get either of those for now so I'll just stick to my green and holiday themed shinies!

I'm also MMing for Charmander too, but that'll be put on hiatus probably for December, though I'll probably hatch Charmanders till I get the round charm though just for fun! Only got Landorus left until the round charm is mine, too many orbs to collect on Dream Radar!

EDIT: Going to go for Marill instead in the double grass of Village Bridge, since the double grass would hopefully make the hunt that little bit quicker! I'll still go for Azurill if/when I MM it though!
And hey, it's still green!

Last edited:

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
So, still no Starly so I'm now moving on to fnd a Shiny Mareep in Black 2. Wish me luck

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Started looking for any Giant Chasm Shiny in White 2. I am also close to being at Ho-oh in HG, so I will soon be hunting for Shiny Ho-oH.

Years
This club is so quiet, my username is gonna be all over page 800!

Anyways, small update! Got Landorus and the Oval Charm today so I can begin my search for Snover! Tomorrow however I have the long task of hatching 120 Charmander eggs, bringing my total number of Charmanders up to 164, which is pretty good considering I started Monday I believe. Wish me luck that one is gold! :3
Also did about 30 Village Bridge encounters for Marill, but ended up running off to hatch Charmanders again... Ah well, I'll get motivated soon, I do really want that yellow aquatic bunny, but RE isn't my usual method of shiny hunting so I'm still not sure what I think. I still like SR best I think, got 4 shinies that way so far!

One last thing also, just to get some conversation going maybe! Out of interest, what's everyone stance on evolving shinies? Such as, how do you decide if you want to evolve a shiny, or do you never/always evolve shinies and why? For me, it depends on 2 things: First, whether the evolved form has a better or equally good shiny sprite and second, what I'm using it for. I evolved my Lucario, Meganium and Typhlosion by using them throughout the game, where as Drifblim was evolved due to simply liking Drifblim a little more than Drifloon, and they have the same shiny colours.
As for not evolving them, I'm not evolving Charmander when I get it because just personally I like golden fire lizard more than black fire dragon, and Bidoof and Zigzagoon are going to be evolved one day, I'm guilty of being lazy!

With that, good luck everyone else on your hunts! I hope to see a whole bunch of shinies appear soon, I'll send out as many buckets of luck as I can but I don't have many D:

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Mainly the color. Such as Gible. Clearly you can tell a diffrence between normal and shiny Gible. However, Garchomp hardly looks diffrent. It is almost the exact same color.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Well, I'm hunting for a shiny Treecko.
I, sadly, have been unable to obtain a Japanese one so I can't Masuda Method it. I'm using a Treecko that was traded to me on here, so I plan on cloning the shiny and sending it to that person once I get it.

No eggs hatched yet but 5 obtained and one being held by the daycare guy.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Why not try to get a Jap Ditto or does it work diffrently with Ditto?

Also, I was trying to get a Shiny Roggenrole using MM, sadly nothing after 90 eggs though. But I needed them to trade over the last 90 Kanto pokemon anyways.

Flydro

doobz
Years
YES!!!! After 2 months, it FINALLY decided to show up:

Spoiler:

So after 11,329 REs the SHINY SKARMORY is now mine! I'm still a little in shock but I just can't explain how happy I feel right now. Been feeling very discouraged these last couple days and I had barely been hunting for the past two weeks. Tonight I decided to get a little hunting done in Soul Silver after I got home from work out of boredom, not really expecting any results. I had just finished marking yet another encounter on the calculator when I went back to watching Burn Notice. While watching I heard another encounter come up and I glanced down just in time to see those green wings coming across the screen! Then I saw that shine and my face fell to the floor. I immediately stopped everything and went into that zone where all my focus was on trying to catch the shiny. I caught it and saved as quickly as possible, thought about making a video of it but I didn't wanna take that chance of something going wrong (idk what I would've done if the game froze or something) but after I caught it I took some pics so I'll post them up later. This was my longest hunt ever at 11,329 as well as my first RE hunt. I have been wanting shiny Skarmory ever since I first saw it and I just had to have it. The hunt was long but so well worth it, I now have my third shiny! And I feel like my tribute to my lost Swampert and Swellow (RIP) in Ruby version is now finished; Swampert and Typhlosion - both starters, both luckily obtained in less than 20 SRs, also Swellow and Skarmory - both flying types, both have green in their shiny colors. Now I plan on playing my way through SS while I figure out what my next target will be. I'm not in too big of a rush though, I'm still riding high from catching Skarmory. I'll post pics of it later, as well as what my new target will be. Meanwhile, GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ON THEIR HUNTS! Stay motivated! :DDD

Last edited:
Back